That Familiar Feeling

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jiyong lit a cigarette as he walked back to the building, his face still devoid of any emotion. After taking a walk to the convenience store to buy a pack of cigarette, his mood hasn’t changed a bit.

 

 

He walked as his thoughts about his sister troubled him. Why is she always acting that way? He asked himself. He was thinking of going home to check her sister in Busan but right now, he just can’t. He was thinking of moving out of his uncle Hyun Suk’s house thinking that he has caused him so much already and he can’t take the feeling of being always indebted to him. Apart from that, he still needs to cover for her aunt’s and Hayi’s needs.

 

 

Maybe what the boys were suggesting weren't that bad after all. He thought. He doesn't wanna be a burden to anyone anymore. He already owes a lot to his uncle Hyun Suk ever since that day his dad died. But his uncle Hyun Suk's words troubled him too.

 

 

 Does he have anything he wants to do aside from his job as a police? He asked himself.

 

 

 

He took a puff on his cigarette and looked at the smoke he blew as it faded slowly on thin air.

 

 

He walked further towards the gate and greeted the guard when he saw a foodstall to the right. He suddenly remembered the hotteok he had this morning. A smile crept his face but when he realized it, he shook his head.

 

 

''Why am I even remembering that weirdo?'' He said as he touched his forehead and felt the bump Dara has caused him.

 

 

 

He was about to head back inside the premises when he heard a few murmurs from the students hanging and eating around the stall. He stopped as his curiosity rose.

 

 

 

 

''Hey... Look who's coming!''

 

 

 

''Wow! She went out!''

 

 

 

''It's daytime and she went out. I wonder what the witch's business in broad daylight.'' a girl laughed.

 

 

 

''Yah! Don't talk like that! Haven't you heard about the curse?''

 

 

 

 

 

''What curse?''

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Anyone who rents an apartment on the second floor gets a bad luck.''

 

 

The other girl gasped. ''I think I heard that one of her neighbors died from heart attack. And another said a child got sick when she went near it.''

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong felt a pinch in his heart. The same way he got affected this morning when Seungri looked down at the girl's peace offering.

 

 

 What the hell are these people up to?

 

 

 

Without further thinking, he ran forward and squeezed himself in the crowd and only stopped when he saw the girl they're talking about.

 

 

 

She looked scared, horrified... HURT.

 

 

 

He saw her struggle as she tried to take a step forward after another, her head bowed down, her hair all over her face, her hands clutching the almost crumpled pad of paper.

 

 

 

Then he saw her limp.

 

 

 

 

He immediately closed their gap as he ran towards her and enveloped her in his arms. She lost consciousness.

 

 

 

He took her in his arms and carried her with ease. He turned around and looked at the students.

 

 

 

 

 

''Do you know this girl personally?''

 

 

 

 

Everyone shook their heads.

 

 

''She's scary!'' someone shouted.

 

 

 

 

''How dare you judge someone you don't even know? Why? Just because of her looks?'' He doesn't even understand but he's really pissed that moment.

 

 

''Didn't you just realize you scared her too? Did she do anything wrong to you?''

 

 

 

Nobody answered.

 

 

 

''NO!'' Jiyong answered for them. He walked his way back to the residential building but stopped as if remembering something to say.

 

 

 

''Then who's more horrible now?''

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

''Oppa!'' Bom ran towards  Teddy.  ''What brings you here?''

 

 

''This!'' Teddy said while raising his hands showing her two bags of steamed corn.

 

 

 

''Omo! Omo!'' Bom giddily took the bags and went back to her seat again.

 

 

 

Teddy looked at her sister while laughing. How old is this girl again?

 

 

 

''Bommie-ah...'' Teddy said as he sat in fron of her desk.

 

 

''Neh?''

 

 

''You've been working so hard lately.''

 

 

''I'm just following your footsteps oppa! You're my idol!'' She said while munching her corn.

 

 

''Aisssht. Then stop idolizing me, neh? It's not healthy. Hahaha.''

 

 

''Waee???'' Bom asked as she pouted.

 

 

 

''Because I was trained to be harabeoji's puppet.'' Teddy said, with a bitter smile as he remembered what happened that morning. “You can’t be just like that.”

 

 

 

''Oppa...'' Bom put her corn down.

 

 

 

 

''Kidding! Oh, by the way, Kush and I are going to meet with a friend at his bar. Wanna join us tomorrow nigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter