Just For A Night

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

''God! This is perfect!'' Kiko said as she held the sketch in her hands.  ''I love it Dara! Aaaah. I can't wait to wear this!''

 

 

Dara smiled and stood up her desk. ''Actually, I have another collection somewhere... Hmmm... I remember placing it here.''

 

Dara continued to look for her sketchpad. Kiko trailed behind her as she fumbled with the pieces of paper on the table.

 

 

''That’s weird. I probably misplaced it... Anyway, I'm glad you liked the design. I'll just have it delivered to you.''  Dara said as she offered her hand to Kiko in a businessly manner.

 

 

''Aigoo. I'm not a client. We're now friends, right?''  Dara nodded and smiled.

 

 

''So, I gotta go. And by the way, if you're looking for your cat, ask one of the boys to accompany you, neh?''

 

 

''Ani... I don't want to trouble them anymore. I can do it on my own.''

 

 

''But...''

 

 

''Wait!''  Kiko exclaimed as she noticed a dress at the far corner of the room.

 

 

''This is so cool! Does someone already owns this?''

 

Kiko was pertaining to a white dress. It's simple yet elegant.

 

 

 

''I... Actually... I just made it few days ago. I just love the color and simplicity. I had CL try that one but she says it doesn't suit her strong personality.''  Dara chuckled.

 

 

Kiko eyed her from top to toe. ''Well... Maybe it suits you better.''

 

 

''Ani... How can such a pretty dress suit someone like me? I just make them because I know I couldn't wear them.''

 

 

''But you can try! Come on!''

 

''Ani.. Aniyo... It won't suit me. Really.''

 

 

''And if it suits you, you'll be wearing that to the grand launch. Would you promise that?''

 

 

''I know I couldn't attend such events. No need Kiko.''

 

 

''Of course you can! Teddy said you'll be there! As well as Bom and the girls!''

 

 

Dara was about to protest but she reminded her no one should know about the pact she made with her harabeoji. No one should know she made that agreement herself that she won't get any exposure whatsoever.

 

 

''Dara, I thought we already talked about this before?''

 

 

''N-n-eh... Let's t-try this one on.'' Dara said as she grabbed the gown off the rack.

 

 

 

 

''Unnie!''  Minzy held her phone tightly.

 

 

'' Minzy! What the hell are they doing here?''

 

 

''I know. The last thing I heard was because of a project!''

 

 

''Oh chincha? I thought harabeoji will be merging with the Kims? You know, hotels and casinos.''

 

 

''Aissht. I thought it would push through too. If I could just talk to Bom-unnie.... But she's sick. I wonder what happened to her date. Aiyooo. We're both clueless.''

 

 

''Yeah I'm dyingto know too. Yah Minggkki, what the hell is my parent's company  has to do with the project?''  CL asked.

 

 

'' Look unnie, I've heard this is going to be a hotel/condotel/mall that they're planning to establish. Omma told me but appa wouldn't want me to know all the details. So probably, harabeoji knew your parents' interior design company has a contract with my parents. You know, a package deal.''

 

 

''But why wouldn't they pursue with the original plan with the Kims?''

 

 

''Because Kims are greedy! Omma told me that most of the contracts between Parks and Kims favored the side of the Kims. You know their history.''

 

 

''Perhaps harabeoji is already regretting his mistakes. Aigoo. Too complicated...''

 

 

''Yah, unnie, I have to go. I need to accompany them.''

 

''Will I be seeing you tonight? I'm planning to drop by the bar.''

 

 

''I'll try to sneak out. Bye!''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Teddy...''

 

 

''Neh harabeoji.''

 

 

''The merger will not push through. And now the Kims are furious. You aware of that?''

 

 

''Neh harabeoji. But we don't have to worry right?''

 

 

''Dong Won is starting to play dirty.'' the old man said as he stood by the glass wall.

 

 

''I... I actually heard of the article. But don't get affected harabeoji. I'll take care of the publicities.''

 

 

''I am going to sign a project with G-Hotels instead. And Lee Interiors is signing with us, as well.''

 

 

 

''That's good news I guess.''

 

''Yes. And I want you to take charge.''

 

 

''W-w-what?''

 

 

''You heard me right. You're way too overqualified for handling just the malls and that amusement park. I think it's time you step up the game. I'm getting old and my body's weak. I'm not sure if I can still stand the competition and the games the Kims want to play.''

 

 

Teddy was astonished. Never in his life did the old man entrust a huge project such as this. Most of the properties handed down to him are already successful existing ones.

 

 

''Harabeoji, are you okay?''

 

 

''Of course I am, you idiot. Yah, make sure you do well. And I was also thinking, you're not getting young. You should find yourself a wife and give this family an heir.''

 

 

''Mworago?''

 

 

''Stop reacting that way or i'll spank your !''

 

 

''N-n-eh harabeoji. Sorry.''

 

 

 

''How's DB & Co.?''

 

 

Teddy debated mentally whether he should speak up or just shut his mouth.

 

 

He chose to be safe in the end.

 

 

''I don't know harabeoji... You see...''

 

 

''I won't force you to trust me this time. Just take good care of the girls.''

 

 

 

Teddy was left even more puzzled.

 

 

Isn't he supposed to protect the girls from this man? Why does he sound troubled?

 

 

Teddy couldn't fathom the old man's thoughts.

 

 

Surely, he needs to investigate further.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara walked out of her bedroom to show Kiko the next set of clothes she told her to wear. The first dress, Kiko said it perfectly suits her but she’s not comfortable with it so Kiko picked another one- this time see through blouse paired with a skirt.

 

“Kiko… Kiko?”  she softly called for her…

 

 

 

 

 

She looked around and saw the light on the restroom.

 

“Oh she’s inside…” Dara was about to head back to her bedroom when…

 

 

 

(DING DONG!!!)

 

 

 

 

“Ahjumma! Yah! Ahjumma...!”

 

 

 

Dara’s eyes widened upon hearing the voice.

 

 

“Otteoke… otteoke???”

 

 

 

(DING DONG!!! DING DONG!!! DING DONG!!!)

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah ahjumma, I know you’re there! You sneaky… aisht!!! Open the door. PPalli…” Jiyong kept shouting.

 

 

“I-i-‘m... I’m busy!!! What is it?”  Dara answered while leaning on the door.

 

 

“Yah, open up… PPalli!.”

 

“No!!!”

 

“This is important, damnit!!!”

 

 

“NOOOOOO!!!” Dara shouted back.

 

 

“What are you up to this time?” Jiyong wondered.

 

 

“So you really won’t open up huh? Let’s see.”

 

After quite sometime, the air grew silent.

Dara looked at the peephole and grinned when she saw no one there.

 

She then turned around and walked towards the living room when she heard a thud on the balcony.

 

 

Slowly, she walked towards the glass door.

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!”

 

 

 

Dara screamed her lungs out when  Jiyong suddenly appeared with a smug grin on his face by the balcony but it vanished immediately as soon as his gaze fell on the girl before him.

 

 

He was in awe, the view left his mouth hanging wide open.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Dara...''  Kiko furrowed her brows when she saw two figures in front of her- Dara and Jiyong looking at each other with just the glass door in between them.

 

 

 

''Is everything alright here?''  she asked as she walked towards the two.

 

 

As if by finally, the spell was broken, Dara zoomed her way back to her room leaving Kiko and Jiyong dumbfounded.

 

Kiko opened the door to the balcony when she saw the retreating back of Jiyong.

 

 

''How did you do that?'' she asked when Jiyong was about to step up the rails and leap his way back their balcony.

 

 

''Training. It's easy, you can try doing it.''  Jiyong answered in a mocking tone. He's a ing police, what's wrong with some stunts such as this?

 

 

''I see. Like what you saw a while ago?''  Kiko .

 

 

''So you made her wear that? People like you don't really understand her, do you?''  Jiyong said as he settled his feet firmly back on the floor.

 

 

Kiko raised an eyebrow with his statement.

 

 

''She looks good on it, alright. But I can see she's not comfortable with it. Stop making the ahjumma do uncomfortable stuff. It shows all over her face.''

 

 

Kiko crossed her arms as she looked at the guy leaping from the balcony and landing on the other perfectly without sweat. He then coolly shoved his hands in his pocket before turning to her.

 

 

''Kindly tell her I'll be waiting for her in 15 minutes. It's urgent. Kamsahamnida.'' Jiyong bowed and disappeared to their unit.

 

 

 

''You are something Kwon Jiyong. You are something.'' Kiko said before turning around going inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Guess we'll have to perform acoustic versions again. Jiyong got a hand injury, the maknae's foot is still healing, and TOP is sick. Aiyooo... Are we cursed? I'm really scared I might be the next one!'' Youngbae said as he slumped himself down the couch.

 

 

“Aish hyung, don’t get too excited. Daesung hyung will be the next but you’ll get your turn don’t worry.” Seungri answered.

 

 

“Stop kidding! I’m serious!”

 

 

''Aigoo.  Time flies by so quickly. As much as I want to keep on doing this, I already miss the action.'' Daesung

 

 

''I just wish I could stay doing this...''  Seungri said.

 

 

''Wow. I didn't know you love music this much.''  Youngbae was surprised with Seungri.

 

 

''Ani... Imagine how many girls I meet every night at hyung's bar. Aiyooo... Just think ab---- OUCH!!!''

 

 

''You idiot!''  Youngbae hit Seungri's arm.

 

 

''That's all that you think about! Girls and girls you ert!'' Daesung crossed his arms and eyed Seungri.

 

 

 

''Tsch... go get yourselves a girlfriend! You're just bitter! (Mehrong!)''

 

 

Seungri stood up and went to the kitchen when his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter