Just Trust Me

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

''Agassi, you look stunning! Kyaaah!' ' her two maids clasped their hands and stared at her dearly.

 

 

 

''Aigoo... It's just because of this dress.''

 

 

''Ani! You really look pretty. You look like a goddess!''

 

 

 

''Agassi, everyone's waiting for you downstairs.'' the third maid said behind her door.

 

 

 

''I-i-i'm coming...'' she answered.

 

 

Dara glanced back at her reflection in the mirror.

 

 

''This is it.'' she thought. ''The whole world's gonna know now about you now.'' Dara sighed and smoothed her dress. She tried to think of the speech the girls told her to memorize yesterday and failed terribly to get even just to the second line.

 

 

This is so much different than her harabeoji's party. That night, the people saw her as one of Park Young Jin's gandchildren. No further introduction, no fuss, just people left in awe with question marks in their heads wondering who the girl before them was.

 

 

But today, she will be officially known as Park Sandara, fashion designer Park Eunju's daughter to Korea National Police Agency Commissioner General Yang Hyun Suk, one of the heiresses in Park's business empire.

 

 

 

''This is it...'' she sighed. Her stay with her family little by little sheds off the old her, bit by bit exposing her to people and things she used to be afraid of. She cringed at the thought of leaving her old life and being a new version of herself.

 

 

She doesn't want things to change but right now she can't see any other way but deal with how her life is going.

 

 

 

''Kindly go ahead... I'll just follow you downstairs.'' she told her servants with a weak smile.

 

 

As soon as the maids were out, she immediately took her phone from her purse and dialed a familiar number only to get disappointed again when she heard her being directed to a voicemail.

 

With a defeated expression all over her face, she slowly went to the door and readied herself for another agonizing day with the outside world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung!” Youngbae and Daesung shook Top by his shoulders as they try to wake him up. TOP immediately shot up and prepared himself for a fight when Daesung held his hands before him, telling him to stop.

 

 

“Sorry hyung, sorry!” he said.

 

“Damn you! Aisht!” TOP quickly sat down again and rubbed his eyes. Youngbae then joined him on the bench and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

 

 

“How’s Seungri, hyung?” Youngbae asked.

 

 

“The bullet’s taken out. It took the doctors a lot of time because it hit his bones. They say he might not able to move his left arm for quite some time. He also lost a huge amount of blood, man. He’s still unconscious… Thank God, his left abdominal area was just grazed by the bullet. Two more inches and it could be lethal.” TOP explained the best he could as he tried to recall his conversation with the doctor.

 

 

 

Youngbae nodded. Daesung then sat beside Youngbae and leaned his back on the cold wall. “I bet he’s gonna quit.’’ Daesung said as he shut his eyes. “He has to quit. If he’s gonna quit then I’ll quit too. What’s there left for us if we’re not complete?”

 

 

“Yah, stop being dramatic right there. All we need to think about now is his recovery. Thank goodness he’s safe now.” Youngbae scolded Daesung.

 

 

 

“You should’ve seen his parents earlier.” TOP told them. “Mrs. Lee fainted a while ago, putting all the blame to his husband.”

 

“Chincha?’’ The two asked and TOP nodded.

 

 

“Oh… by the way, where’s Jiyong?” TOP asked.

 

 

 

“He went home… I think his wound got hit in the encounter. You should’ve seen his face, hyung.”

 

 

“I know… I know he’s blaming himself again.” TOP answered. “How about the girls? You said earlier that your neighbors Sulli and Krystal were also captives?”

 

 

“Neh.” Youngbae answered. “I feel bad for them. I couldn’t believe Dong Won could be this evil.”

 

 

 

“Good thing Tablo hyung immediately contacted the Japanese officials about Akira. Huge amount of was found in his building.” Daesung said. “...and Senator Bang, Deukkie and his man caught him in the airport.”

 

 

“Now that leaves us with Dong Won,” TOP said.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong bit his lip as he rolled the bandage around his wounded arm. It’s just been four days since he got shot and now that the adrenaline has fully seeped out of his system, he can now feel the throbbing pain after straining his right arm dodging, fighting, his right hand firing gun and all.

 

 

 

After taking the girls to the headquarters and leaving them to the medical team, he immediately headed home to tend to his wound and take a shower. He knows this is going to be a long day since Dong Won is still nowhere to be found.

 

Once he’s done, he took out a pair of  jeans from his closet and wore it. He then grabbed a fresh white shirt and another jacket and put them on slowly and carefully.

 

He  then went out of his room and grabbed his helmet. He was about to hold the doorknob when he noticed an envelope below, just near the foot of the door. He immediately bent down and took it as he dusted off the shoe marks he knew was his since he didn’t notice the envelope on the floor when he came in earlier. He flipped it and saw his name on it. With eager hands, he opened it and read the invitation that was inside. But it wasn’t the envelope that surprised him.

 

 

“Wondering if you can come… I hope to see you there…”

 

 

                                                                                    -Dara …

 

 

How could he forget that today is DB & CO.’s grand launch?

 

He wanted to smile and feel outrageously happy about the tiny note. Did she really write it? He asked himself. He held onto the note.  She’s expecting him… She wanted to see him, but deep inside worry started to brew in him as he realized Dong Won was still freely roaming around South Korea… and who knows, in Seoul.

 

 

 

His heart started to hammer in his chest. He almost forgot what Jaejoong warned him about.

 

Dara.

 

 Dong Won wants Dara in his hands.

 

With swift big steps, he marched out of his apartment as his thoughts were clouded with worries and fear.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

“Unnie…” Minzy peeped first before walking towards CL in the dressing room.

 

“Hey… Glad you’re already here. Bom and Dara unnie are on their way.” She said as she combed her hair in front of the mirror.

 

 

“Unnie, I need to tell you something…” Minzy said as she took the chair next to CL and sat on it, facing her unnie.

 

“Is there something wrong, Mingkki-ah? CLasked.

 

 

“Unnie, Daesung oppa called me up while I was on my way here…” Minzy played with her fingers.

 

 

“WHAT??? YAH!!! That rat seriously wanted to get hurt, huh? Why didn’t he call me?” CL snapped as her eyes turned into tiny slits

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter