SELF REFLECTION

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AHJUMMA'S POV

 

 

 

 

 

''Unnie, you sure you don't want us to walk you to your apartment?''  Minzy asked.

 

 

I smiled at our maknae.  She might be younger, but her outlook in life beats mine.  She's so mature when it comes to her way of thinking...  How much trouble did she go through because of me?  The residential building is losing tenants...

 

 

All thanks to me...  and the  gossip-makers...

 

 

''I'll be fine on my own  Mingkki-ah...''   I patted her head.   She smiled sweetly at me and I realized,  I haven't done so much for her. 

 

 

 

''Unnie, if you need something just call okay?  If someone or something troubles you again,  let us know, arasso?''

 

 

 

CL-roo is a very tough girl... I admire her for that.  Her parents initially didn't want her to be a model but in the end, she got what she wants.  She worked hard for it.  She earned fame and respect because she's proven everyone she deserves it. 

 

 

 

I wish I could be as strong as her. 

 

 

 

''Of course, CL-roo.  But rest assured, I won't be bothering your sleep tonight.  Look at your eyes, you're starting to form dark circles already.''

 

 

 

''OH MY GOD!'' CL gasped.  ''That panda seriously has some sort of contagious disease!!!''

 

 

 

''Yah, stop bullying the boy....'' Bom elbowed CL...

 

 

''Yah Dalong...  I'll be going home tonight, neh?  Omma says she needs to talk to me.  Guess it's something important.  She never bothers me and the my personal business unless it's necessary to do so, you know that.  Oh, don't worry,  she'll surely send you some kimchi and sweet persimmon preserves!''

 

 

 

Bom has been with me all her life.  Not that we live together till now but,  I think  most of her time was spent looking after me... Worrying after me...  Now I understand what Teddy oppa means.

 

 

She's 29... Same as me... I'm single, and so is she...

 

 

I seriously don't mind being single forever... But  I wish Bom finds someone who would love her and won't hurt her because I know her.  She's sweet and caring.  She's everything  a man could ask for.

 

 

 

I nodded...

 

 

''Send omma my regards, Bommie... Tell her I miss her and her home-cooked meals...''

 

 

 

Bom just nodded and pinched my cheek.

 

 

 

 

''Okay okay... excuse me lovely ladies..! It's now my turn!''  Teddy oppa said as he went on my side and wrapped an arm around me.

 

 

 

 

''Aigooo... I didn't expect my Ssantokki would be such a good girl tonight!  You cute little rabbit... You....''

 

 

''O-o-p-ppa.... Stop pinching my cheeks...''

 

 

''Ahh... I'm just happy, Dara-ah... Did you have some fun? Did you enjoy the night?''

 

 

I nodded... A little lie won't hurt especially in times like this that a simple thing as such can ease their worries.

 

 

 

Teddy oppa pat my head.

 

They seriously treat me as a kid...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kiko is right.  I might be acting  like  a total  kid.

 

 

 

 

 

''Off you go now... It's late...'' I told them.

 

''Okay girls let's go.  Lock your door well Dara-ah. Goodnight.''  Teddy oppa then kissed my head and went towards the car. ''Come on girls...''

 

 

''Okay unnie! See you tomorrow!''  Minzy said as she kissed my cheek.

 

 

''You sleep well unnie.'' CL followed.  ''Don't you dare go to your work room this time of the night.  I swear, I'm gonna ask Ssabunim to fix some CCTV cams over there.''  she warned.

 

 

''I won't, you silly.'' I said.

 

 

 

''Why do I feel like something's gonna happen after tonight?''  Bom said as she kissed me goodbye.

 

 

''What are you thinking? Did CL just lent you her crystall balls and voodoo dolls?'' I tried to joke. Forget that it's a lame one. At least I tried.

 

 

 

''Ooooh! And she's borrowing my lines!''   the maknae reacted.

 

 

''Yah!!!'' Bom shook me so hard I thought I'm gonna collapse.

 

 

''Who are you??? Are you really our Dalong? Or... Yaaaah! Spill it. Are you drunk? Did Jiyong gave you some alcohol or stuff to drink?''

 

 

 

''Stop it..  I-i-'m just trying to act cool, you know...''  I said. Now I'm stuttering.

 

 

''Or maybe we're the ones who were drunk.'' CL said..

 

 

 

Teddy oppa then honked the car.

 

 

 

I smiled and shook my head.

 

''You guys go home safely. Goodnight.''

 

 

''Goodnight!''  they said in unison.

 

 

 

When the're already gone,  I turned around and took a small step after another.

 

 

 

I sighed and looked up the sky.

 

 

It was dark. It was blank. Not even a hint of stars... No moon. No light.

 

 

Pure nothingness.

 

 

 

This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter