The Agreement

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Dara,open up please, dear!!!” Eunju cried as he continuously rang her doorbell.

 

“Dara open the door! Dara!!!” Hyun Suk  slammed his hand nonstop on her door.

 

“Uncle! Aunt! Here's the set of spare keys!” Bom came running towards them. “Sorry, it took me so long, uncle.''

 

Hyun Suk then got the keys from Bom and fumbled with it as he tried to open the door quickly. As soon as the door opened, they immediately darted in.

 

 

“Dara! Dara?” Hyun Suk called for her.

 

''Darong... Daring!'' Bom went straight to the door that connects to her working area.

 

Eunju then grabbed the other keys from Hyun Suk and tried opening the connecting door. She was amazed seeing her daughter’s place for the first time and immediately understood why she loves her place so much.

 

“Aunt, the door at the corner! I don’t have the key for that!”

 

“She’s not here.” Hyun Suk followed them. “I think she went out.”

 

 

Eunju could just look at Hyun Suk with questioning eyes.

 

“Her wallet’s not here, her id’s, her important documents and everything. And I took a look at her closet. I think she took some clothes with her.” Hyun Suk said as he looked away and balled his fists.

 

Eunju dashed towards Hyun Suk and pushed him angrily.

“If something happens to our daughter, I’m gonna kill you!” Eunju bawled and hit Hyun Suk. “We just found her! We’re just starting to get close to her. How could you do that to her and Jiyong?”

 

“I just wanted the best for them!” Hyun Suk snapped at her and gripped both of her wrists.

 

Bom could just look at her aunt and uncle fight over the matter.

 

“How? By telling Jiyong to resign and leave his job just to be with Dara? You’re being unfair, Hyun Suk!”

 

“I just don’t want Dara to get hurt! You know how dangerous our job is! I don’t want my daughter worrying over Jiyong over and over again. I don’t want her to be put to risk everytime Jiyong is on a mission! I don’t want her to experience how Jiyong’s mother died because she wasn’t able to take it when my friend, my comrade,  Jiyong’s father died!”
 

 

“I know, the moment you chose that job, you’re already half a dead man…” Eunju pulled her wrists off him. “You want our daughter safe? You don’t want her to get hurt? Look now! Where is your daughter?” I thought you know better Hyun Suk! We’ve been in this situation before when my dad was against us! Why do this to your own daughter?” she said before turning away from him and marching away.

 

 

Bom was left dumbfounded.

 

So it was her uncle Hyun Suk’s fault?

 

“Aunt!” she cried out as she ran after Eunju.

 

 


 

 

 

“Oppa, can’t we use your connections to find him?” Minzy asked Daesung.

 

“I’ve checked all the outgoing flights and his name wasn’t there on the list. I think Youngbae’s right. He’s still here. Or he's probably in Busan.

 

“But TOP oppa called Jiyong oppa’s aunt and according to her he’s not there.” Minzy said as she sat down on the chair in front of Daesung’s table.

 

Daesung was about to say something when the two heard a grumbling stomach. He looked at her and she bowed her head in embarrassment. He chuckled at her expression and immediately stood up.

 

“Let’s get you something to eat first little girl. Don’t worry too much, everything’s gonna be fine.''

 

 


 

 

 

''What? Dara's missing?'' TOP asked Bom over the phone. ''Okay... We still can't contact Jiyong. I'll let you know soon.''

 

 

''What did she say?'' Youngbae asked.

 

 

''Dara wasn't in her apartment.'' TOP said. ''What's wrong with Jiyong?! Damn!''

 

''I knew it! I saw him with a bag last night.'' Youngbae scratched his head in frustration. ''I just hope he's okay. He won't make a drastic decision just like that if it's unnecessary. I'm pretty sure he has a good purpose.''

 

 


 

 

 

 

''Unnie, eat up. The soup's getting cold.'' Hayi then pushed her bowl to her.

 

''Thank you.'' Dara then slowly picked up her spoon.

 

''Aiyooo. Now where is that kid? Aisht!'' Lydia could just rub her nape. ''Everyone's looking for him!''

 

''Everyone?'' Dara looked up to meet Lydia's gaze.

 

''Neh unnie, a while ago, just before you arrived, TOP oppa called aunt asking the same question as uncle Hyun Suk.'' Hayi butted in.

 

''Omo, aunt, please don't tell appa I'm here. Please!'' Dara begged.

 

''What...''

 

''I need to find Jiyong. He must have been going through something. I want to help him... I want to... see him... Just in case... And just in case, who knows he needs me?'' Dara said hopefully.

 

''Dara-ah.'' Lydia stood up and sat beside her. ''Jiyong isn't the type who makes drastic decisions without further thinking. I'm sure he has a purpose for doing so. Just trust him neh?''

 

''I don't understand aunt... Why? Why didn't he tell me that he's leaving?''

 

Hayi felt the sadness in the atmosphere. She felt bad for her unnie. She can see how confused Dara is.

 

''I'll make sure to beat the living daylights out of him!'' Hayi stood up and showed them her tiny fists.

 

''Little girl, stop meddling with adults’ business and just fix the room upstairs!'' Lydia scolded her.

 

 


 

 

 

''Hey, Jiyong! That's enough. You're already drunk!'' Soo Hyuk grabbed the shot of soju from his hand.

 

''Yah, yah, let the boy drink!''

 

 

When Jiyong arrived in Busan he immediately went straight to his omma's tomb since he wasn't able to do that the last time he went home. After that, he dropped by at Soo Hyuk's place, a childhood friend, a local police, the one who helped him settle the riot with the loansharks but it so happened Soo Hyuk was having a drink with his father.

 

''Aisht! He's already drunk! He still needs to go home.'' Soo Hyun protested as he pointed at Jiyong.

 

''Then let him stay for the night!'' his father insisted.

 

Jiyong tried to stand up and show a normal state but he's actually already feeling dizzy. ''Ani, I think I should go home now that I still can. Thank you so much for inviting me for a drink. I'll just come back and next time, it's all on me. Kamsahamnida, uncle'' he then bowed and almost lost his balance but he's quick to lean on the table for support.

 

''Omo! Yah you sure you can go home safely?'' Soo Hyuk asked.

 

 

''Aisht, drive him home, Soo Hyuk. Besides it's already late.''

 

 


 

 

 

 

Hyun Suk furrowed his brows when he can't get through Jiyong's line. He's been sending him messages and voicemails.

 

He needs him back.

 

It's not that he's against Dara and Jiyong's relationship. No, it's never been like that. In fact, he highly approves of Jiyong... Except for his godson's job.

 

He knows everything about the man. He was Jiyong's father's comrade for nothing. And he witnessed everything from Jiyong's father's death, and how his mother followed just a couple of months because of suicide.

 

Their job isn't an easy one. They go to missions and assignments, they fight with armed criminals, they investigate cases that most of the time are dangerous informations and just by knowing them can put them to great danger. Eunju's right.

 

The moment they chose this path, they're already half dead.

 

 

He shook his head and started to rub his temples. Did he make the wrong move?

 

 

FLASHBACK:

(CHAPTER 36)

 

''Son...'' Hyun Suk handed Jiyong a cup of coffee.

 

 

''Uncle... It's already late. What brings you here?'' Jiyong straightened up and gave his godfather some space beside him to sit on.

 

 

 

''How's your wound?'' Hyun Suk ignored his question and asked him instead.

 

 

''Still having a bit hard time moving it. But I feel better now. I went to a local doctor in Busan yesterday.'' he answered. ''Thanks for the coffee by the way.''

 

 

Hyun Suk nodded and walked towards the window, Seoul city lights reflecting on his grim face.

 

 

''Son, it's about time you fix your family in Busan. Why don't you bring them here instead?''

 

 

''You know my reason, uncle. This job is dangerous I don't want them worrying. I need to keep them---''

 

 

 

''Keep them away from what Jiyong? I thought you've learned your lessons already?'' Hyun Suk cut him off.

 

 

''Our job is dangerous, uncle. You know that.''

 

 

''So you mean I'm putting my family into danger too? What about my daughter?''

 

 

 

''Ani--- W-w-what?''

 

 

''Jiyong, do you think I'm stupid enough not to notice? What about my Dara? You keep staying around her... You keep protecting her. Don't give me that crap about paying your debts to me. If this job might bring her trouble then you should be staying away from her too, right?''

 

 

 

''No! I mean...''

 

 

 

Jiyong stood up when Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter