Her Conquered Walls and Broken Barriers

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


 

 

 

Dara slowly sat on the corner of her bed, spent, tired, couldn’t believe everything happened in such a short period of time. She took a deep breath and looked back at Minzy who was already asleep on her bed. Earlier, she and Bom decided to let the maknae stay with them for they know the girl lives alone with just her servants in the Gong’s residence. They couldn’t just leave her like that because they know how the scared she feels.

 

The poor girl almost collapsed as she struggled to keep a brave face in front of the crowd when they walked on the runway. Minzy just witnessed the entire scene… and according to her, she really thought that Jiyong was her from afar. She learned from the girl that TOP was the one who shot Dong Won, and had TOP missed hitting the man, Jiyong could possibly be dead by now.

 

 

She cringed at the thought as she gripped the sheets of her bed. How many times should this happen to Jiyong? Why does he like this job so much he’s not even scared to face death?

 

How dare him say he loves her and then tell her to wait for him if he’s not even sure what’s going to happen next?

 

 

He loves her… Jiyong’s voice filled her ears as she stood up and took her phone from the bedside table.

 

He loves her… She thought as she dialed his number.

 

 

He loves her…she kept on thinking about it as she traced her lips with her fingers and suddenly felt herself longing for him.

 

 

She formed a crease on her forehead when she wasn’t able to contact him again. She tried several times but to no avail. She then put her phone back down the bedside table and sighed in defeat.

 

Feeling the fatigue crawling up all over her system, she then decided to leave it as she settled herself beside Minzy.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

''Noona, I just want to see her.'' Daesung pleaded. ''Please?''

 

 

''I'm sorry, Daesung-ah, but I'm afraid they're both asleep now. She's inside Dara's room.'' Bom explained.

 

 

Defeated, Daesung could just pout and put his hands in his pocket.  ''Well if that's the case, I'll just come back tomorrow. Would that be okay with you noona? Can I visit her here?'' Daesung ask.

 

 

''Yah this isn't Minzy's house.'' TOP nudged Daesung but Bom thew him deathly glares.

 

 

''Of course you can, Dae. Why not? Besides we decided to take a leave from work. Spiffy will be left to manage the business for a while.''

 

 

''Yah, why didn't you tell me about this earlier?'' TOP raised his voice.

 

 

''What for? I know you won't be even sparing some time for me.'' Bom bluntly said.

 

 

''Aisht! We talked about this already, didn't we?'' TOP asked Bom.

 

 

Daesung could just switch his gaze left and right, from TOP to Bom and back. He cleared his throat, getting both people's attention.

 

 

''Uhm... Eh... Noona, hyung... I'm going ahead...''

 

 

''FINE!'' the two said in chorus, making Daesung jump in fear for his dear life with the tension that's starting to brew between the two. Daesung immediately scampered away knowing how dangerous it is to argue with his hyung plus the fact that Bom wasn't known the great Bominator for nothing.

 

 

 

 

When Daesung was out of sight, Bom ruffled her bangs and turned around to go inside their house but TOP prevented her by holding her hand. ''I'm sorry, I raised my voice on you.'' TOP said as he hang his head low. ''I... I didn't mean to.''

 

 

 

Bom looked up the sky and tried to prevent her tears from falling.

 

 

Earlier, she noticed Dara's uneasiness whenever she hears Jiyong's name over their dinner. She asked her and Dara shared that Jiyong already confessed to her. She felt happy and giddy for Dara. She knew it, Jiyong really feels something special for her sister-slash-cousin. But somehow, she felt jealous. TOP never opened up his feelings to her directly and when Dara asked her about her status with the man, it made her frustrations worse.

 

 

He's nice and sweet to her and she cares for her but never did he speak about his own feelings for her. It's not that she's greedy but all she wants is an assurance and what to call this kind of relationship she has with him.

 

 

''Bom...'' TOP held her wrist firmly, her back still facing him.

 

 

''What are we Seunghyun?'' she dared to ask.

 

 

''Bom...''

 

 

 

''I've forgotten all my pride when I confessed to you. It's not that I'm changing my mind but until when should I wait for you to say you like me too?'' she said as tears started to flow freely from her eyes.

 

 

TOP immediately hugged her from behind. He buried his face in her silky hair as he shut his eyes guilty for making the girl cry.

 

 

''I'm sorry... I don't want you to feel this way Bom, believe me... But I'm sorry...''

 

 

BOM listened to him as he continue his words...

 

 

 

''I'm sorry, I don't like you...'' TOP then pulled himself from her and held her shoulders to turn her around, only to see her dumbstrucked face.

 

 

Bom chuckled bitterly. She opened only to close it again when she couldn't find the right words to say. She wiped her tears with her fingers and looked away.

 

 

''I knew it.'' she finally managed to say. ''You should've not told me to wait for you. What, is this Teddy and Se7en oppa's orders again? Did they tell you to make me believe someone's gonna take me seriously? This is bull.'' she said as she looked at him disbelievingly.

 

''Stop that...'' TOP told her.

 

 

''Why? Did they pay you this time? I'm so stupid to believe all your actions, Seunghyun.''

 

 

''I said stop!''

 

 

''But you know what? You don't know me. I can easily get a man with just a snap of my---- MMMMMPPPPPH!''

 

 

Bom wasn't able to continue with her words anymore when TOP crashed his lips on her. She struggled to breakfree but he even made it worse for her to move when he wrapped an arm around her waist. Soon, all her strength little by little was being taken away from her body as well as her sanity. She looked at the man whose eyes were shut and whose lips are kissing her with so much passion and hunger she could just close her eyes and savor it. Her eyes started to well up with tears again.

 

 

She loves the man so much.

 

 

 

TOP then slowly broke the kiss. He looked at her blushing face and cupped it with his hands. He kissed her forehead.

 

''I don't think I just like you... No...'' he said making her form a crease on her forehead in confusion. ''That's an understatement... Bom...'' he said with his deep and husky voice as he continued to shower her butterfly kisses all over her face.

 

 

''I love you.'' he said before stealing a peck on her lips once more. ''I think that's a more  valid word.'' he said as he looked deeply into her eyes it almost made her collapse if not for his strong arm around her.

 

 

''Y-y-ou....'' Bom panted and grasped the fabric across her chest. She felt it beating erratically as it swelled up with joy.

 

 

 

''Yeah me.'' he smiled at her. ''It's me right now whose saying I love you...''

 

 

 

''Oh, I hate you!'' Bom said as she bawled again and punched him on his chest. ''What took you so long! Aisht!''

 

 

 

''I'm not the type of man to... Say such things. This is a first. I don't want my girl crying.'' he said as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

 

''You alien!'' Bom hit him once more as she blushed madly. His girl, she thought.

 

 

''I missed you so bad, you should know that.'' TOP said before pulling her once more for a hug.

 

 

 

''Yah, you just saw me this afternoon.''

 

 

''That doesn't count. I wasn't even able to kiss you properly. Damn that mission.'' he chuckled.

 

 

''Aisht!'' the two hugged each other but immediately straightened up when they heard someone clear his throat.

 

 

 

''EHEEEEERRRRM!''

 

 

 

The two traced the direction where the voice was coming from and Bom just clamped when she saw Teddy.

 

 

''It's already late. You should go home.'' he said as he looked at TOP with a blank expression.

 

 

''Seems like you're getting along...'' Teddy eyed the two alternately, ''...pretty fine...I'll see you tomorrow Choi Seunghyun.'' Teddy said as he went beside Bom and protectively draped an arm around her.

 

 

 

''O-o-f course, hyung.'' Somehow, his name sounded awful in Teddy's voice. It gave him goosebumps. ''I-i-i'll go ahead, Bom.''

 

 

 

''See you. Goodnight!'' Bom then hugged him once more and TOP could just look at Teddy rounding his eyes and and twitching his lips at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter