Ahjumma's Experiment

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Tablo was about to loosen his grip from the railings, ready to jump down the ground when he saw Hwangssabu doing his rounds. He immediately crawled back up the balcony and lay flat on the floor.

 

 

 

''Aisht! Those brats are gonna get it from me! What the hell are these potato chips bags doing here? I'm going to feed these to their mouths! Arrrgh.''  Hwangssabu said as he picked up 3 empty bags of chips just below unit 12's balcony.

 

 

 

(MEOW.... MEOW....)

 

 

 

''Noo.... ! !''  Tablo cursed silently as Dadoong went closer to him, trying to his face.

 

 

Hwangssabu looked up Dara's balcony when he heard the cat's sound.  ''Isn't that Dadoong? I thought he's missing?''

 

Hwangssabu then went to the station to call the guard on duty.

 

Tablo grabbed that chance to escape. He landed perfectly to the ground but Dadoong kept crying meows.

 

 

''Shhhh!'' Table looked up and put his index finger on his lips.  ''Go back... Go back!''

 

Tablo was about to run away when he felt something hard in his zipped black leather jacket.

 

 

''! The sketchpad!''  He looked around and when he's sure no one's coming yet, he threw it up towards the balcony with all his might and ran towards the dark area of the parking lot.

 

 

 

''There. Use the ladder. I really heard a cat.''  Hwangssabu ordered the guard.

 

 

''Neh, Ssabunim.'' the guard answered and immediately went his way up Dara's balcony.

 

 

''Omo, it's really here! Aigoo, you naughty little cat! Dara-ssi's been worrying about you!'' Dadoong hissed for a moment when the guard stepped on to the balcony floor.

 

 

''Ssabunim, should we take this with us? I think Dara-ssi's not home yet.''

 

''Yes. Take him down with you. We'll just give it to Dara when she comes home.''

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

''Sir, please, I don't wanna do this anymore!'' Tablo was literally crying his eyes out. He's been spying Dara. He's been gathering information about her, as per Yang Hyun Suk's order. He got her sketchpad thinking the older man would be happy about it but what surprised them was when the cat followed him the other night.

 

 

''Sir, she's just adopted! The Parks found her in front of their gate and took her in! What makes you think she's your daughter?''

 

 

''SHUT UP!''

 

 

Tablo flinched seeing Hyun Suk's serious expression.

 

 

 

''I'm counting the years and it's exactly the same length of years since we parted ways.''

 

 

''Mworago?''

 

Hyun Suk realized he just let his thoughts out. He looked away and tried to fix his composure.

 

 

''Tsccchhh.  You're such a weak kid. I didn't expect you'd be like this. I'm very  disappointed.'' Hyun Suk said as he crossed his arms.

 

 

''I'm sorry to disappoint you, Sir but I have a family that depends on me.... And---''

 

 

''What are you trying to say? That I don't?''

 

 

''Ani... Aniyo... I mean... Sir, what if the girl or the people around her notice me? What's gonna happen to my job? To my family? What face am I going to show those 5 idiots? I should be a good example to them!''

 

 

'' Okay, then let's make a deal, arasso? This would be the last.''

 

Tablo stopped bawling and faced the older man.

 

''Get me a hair sample. I need her hair and make sure the root is still intact.''

 

 

''HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THAT HAIR FROM THAT ALOOF GIRL???''

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong stepped out of the cab and didn't even bother to open the door on Dara's side.

 

 

Dara went out of the cab and walked faster behind Jiyong, trying to follow him.

 

 

Seeing them approaching, Hwangssabu and the guard went out of their station to meet the two.

 

 

 

 

''Good evening, ki----''

 

 

Jiyong bowed quickly and dashed in front of the two men, leaving them with their mouths wide open.

 

 

They then saw Dara fast approaching. Hwangssabu almost choked upon seeing how she was dressed for tonight.

 

 

''Dar..----''  Hwangssabu tried to call her but she darted past them as quickly as Jiyong did leaving the two men bewildered.

 

 

 

 

''Ssabunim...''

 

 

''Neh?''

 

 

''I've been seeing them together a lot, recently. And look at how pretty Dara-ssi is tonight. Aigoo...''

 

 

''What are you trying to say?''

 

 

''I was just wondering... Did Dara-ssi finally open up her heart? I mean, who would not fall for that guy? They're probably having a lovers quarrell right now! Aigoo. Young hearts--- OUCH!!!''

 

 

The guard rubbed the part of his arm that Hwangssabu hit.

 

''You nosy man! As if you don't know Dara! She won't easily fall for anyone! Yah, go back to work. Go back to work!''

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong used the stairs to go up their unit knowing Dara would use the elevator on the other hand.

 

 

He's furious.

 

 

 

Earlier at the bar, he saw how the man behind Dara tapped her shoulder and purpusedly let go of the glass of wine he was holding. His visioned darkened as he tried to squeeze himself past the crowd He's somehow relieved he came just in time to save her from those s.

 

 

 

His jaw tightened upon remembering that sight... She looked like a lost lamb surrounded by a pack of wolves.

 

 

He's cursing himself mentally.

 

What if he didn't come on time?

What has gotten into his mind?

What does he care about her anyway?

 

 

 

It's part of the agreement. His job. He even invited her to come with him because he can't risk leaving the girl alone with a kidnap threat ongoing.

 

Yeah, he told himself. He's just doing his part of the plan.

 

 

But what bothers him is that he could've saved her with a lot of different ways and yet he chose to be lovey dovey and all to the girl, pret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter