Angels and Devils

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

''They're amazing. I wonder how they landed in Seoul PD.'' Eunju said as she listened intently to the band.

 

 

''They look dashing but sometimes act like idiots. They can be confusing and childish at times but they're really one of Seoul PD's best.''  Hyun Suk answered proudly. ''Who would've thought those boys would cross paths with our daughter? Isn't that destiny? Like us.. This is destiny.''  Hyun Suk told Eunju as he wriggled his brows.

 

 

 

''Aigoo, Hyun Suk-ah... You haven't changed a bit.'' Eunju hit Hyun Suk's arm.

 

''Aisht. Let's get married soon, neh? How bout  next week?''

 

 

''I was also considering that... I want to surprise Dara.''

 

 

''Let's do that.'' Hyun Suk agreed before frowning as he looked at the boys on stage. ''Aisht those ungrateful souls. If not for our late lunch out with the girls we'll never know about their last gig tonight.'' Hyun Suk said and ticked his tongue.

 

 

 

''I wonder where Jiyong is.'' Eunju told Hyun Suk.

 

''He called me up a while ago. He said he'll drop by my house and get his motorbike. He'll catch up later.'' Hyun Suk answered making Eunju nod.

 

 

 

 

''Unnie...'' Minzy nudged CL.

 

 

''Neh?''

 

 

''Is it just me or the boys really look serious tonight?'' the maknae asked.

 

 

''I noticed that too.'' CL looked at the maknae behind the drums. Most of the time, no matter how serious the song is, he smiles from time to time. But this Seungri in front of her is not the playful Seungri she knows. ''Maybe it's because of me...'' she unconsciously blurted out.

 

''What did you say unnie?''

 

''Ah... Nothing... I said maybe it's because it's their last gig.'' she said. ''How are you and Daesung?'' she asked Minzy, changing the topic

 

 

''Well... We're okay... And... Don't get mad unnie, please?'' Minzy looked at her with puppy eyes. CL just arched a brow, waiting for the maknae's confession.

 

 

''We're... We're officially dating. I mean... I like him... And he told me...''

 

 

''I expected that to happen,'' CL said as she tucked Minzy's loose hair behind her ear. ''Minzy-ah, we know when it comes to the matters of the heart, we don't have any right to control you but please, tell us everything we need to know next time neh? We won't get mad. We just want to protect you. Do the unnies know this yet?''

 

 

Minzy shook her head. ''I'll tell them later.''

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Darong...'' Bom nudged Dara.

 

 

''Yah, Darong!''

 

 

''Neh?''

 

 

''Aisht! You're spacing out again! What's wrong?'' Bom asked Dara.

 

 

''Nothing... I'm just tired.'' she said.

 

 

It's true, she's tired. She's tired of smiling and acting poised and elegant meeting other people. She's tired of wearing the dress on her right now and she's tired of the high heeled shoes on her feet.

 

 

''Aigoo... I knew it. A lot of adjustments right? But I'm just here. We're here to help you.''

 

 

 

''Thanks Bommie...'' she said.

 

 

Bom just smiled and sat closer to her. ''Yah, I have a question.''

 

 

''G-g-go ahead, then.'' Dara answered and paid attention to her.

 

 

''How do you find Seunghyun?'' Bom whispered to her.

 

 

''W-what?''

 

 

''Aisht! I knew it! Asking you about this stuff is hopeless. I know I should've just kept my mouth shut.'' Bom said as she pouted her lips.

 

 

Dara's eyes darted to TOP who was singing and then back to Bom who was still pouting like a child.

 

 

''Are you officially dating?'' she asked her.

 

 

''Oh my God! Darong, you seriously evolved! I love you!'' Bom told her as she hugged the confused girl infront of her. ''We're not yet dating though. I mean... We're still trying to know more about each other but... I'm really considering him. Behind his weirdness and temper, he's really caring and sweet. I like it that he can see right through me though there were times I'm really troubled because he might easily get that I like him and the problem is he never told me he likes me yet... Do you get my point Darong?''

 

 

Dara was in a daze. At the corner of her eye, she just saw the dazzling Kwon Jiyong arrive with...

 

 

''Wait is that Sulli?'' she asked herself but immediately shook her head and went back to Bom.

 

 

''You were saying?'' she asked her again but Bom just looked at her, crestfallen.

 

 

''I.. I couldn't believe this. I just blurted out my feelings and---''

 

 

''Bommie... Do you feel like you're getting suffocated?''

 

 

''Mworago?''

 

 

''...like you heart beats frantically at the sight of him?''  Dara asked as she saw Jiyong still talking to Sulli while the girl is smiling at him.

 

 

 

 

''Yes...''  Bom answered as she looked at TOP on the stage.

 

 

''...like you can't take your eyes away from him?''

 

 

 

''N-n-eh...''

 

 

 

''...like your strength is slowly seeping out of your body it's making you limp and helpless...''

 

 

 

''...sort of...''

 

 

 

''like there are thousands of needles pricking your heart?''

 

 

 

''Ye--- WHAT??? YAH!''

 

 

''Huh?'' Dara looked at Bom when the latter nudged her.

 

 

''What needles and pricking are you talking about! Seunghyun never made me feel like that. Well, the rest was a yes so I suppose I really like him after all...''

 

 

''S-orry...'' Dara said before looking once more to Jiyong's direction but she couldn't find him there. She then heard screams and shout from the audience.

 

 

He's already on stage.

 

 

 

Dara tried to look everywhere but at him. The uneasy feeling has been brewing inside her again since she saw him walk in with the girl that was Sulli.

 

 

''Kyaaah!!! Unnie, Jiyong oppa has a lot of fans!''  Minzy giddily squealed.

 

 

''Yah, look at Dae, he's already lost his eyes glaring at you! Stop squealing right there!'' CL scolded Minzy.

 

 

''I was just cheering for him. He's late!'' Minzy reasoned out.

 

 

 

''Aigoo the kid has a lot of fangirls, Hyun Suk-ah.''

 

 

''Well... Like godfather, like godsons!'' Hyun Suk joked, earning him a pinch from Eunju.

 

 

''Aisht, look at Aunt and Uncle flirting in front of us.'' Bom told the girls as she rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

The boys started to play another intro.

 

 

♫ this is the last time
that I'm ever gonna come here tonight
this is the last time - I will fall 
into a place that fails us all - inside

I can see the pain in you
I can see the love in you
but fighting all the demons will take time
it will take time♫

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

 

''We just finished unloading the cargo from the ship. We'll head there once everything here is cleared.'' Jaejoong heard Yoochun say on the other line.

 

 

''Arasso, call me if something happens or if you need some back up. Make sure everything falls according to abeoji's plan.'' he said before ending the call.

 

 

 

 

''Sir, the saferoom is ready.'' a man in black suit informed Jaejoong.

 

 

''Let's go and wait for them there.'' he said as he looked around and walked his way to a secret passage guarded by two huge men. He then keyed in a code and held his thumb on the scanner. In no time, the door flung wide open, revealing a huge glass elevator.

 

 

 

''When will these be delivered to the 'clients'?'' he asked his men.

 

 

''Tomorrow, sir.''

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong nodded and went out of the elevator with his men when they reached the basement. He then stopped infront of a metal door and punched a security code before allowing the system to scan his thumb once more. The door opened showing an enormous warehouse.

 

 

 

The men gathered before him and bowed.

 

 

 

''Yoochun will be arriving in no time. Make sure to handle everything with care, is that clear?''

 

 

''Yes, boss!''

 

 

 

Jaejoong roamed the whole area with his eyes.

 

 

 

''D-d-id Akira already picked up his 'goods'?''

 

 

''Neh. They're already on their way to the port.''

 

 

 

''I get it.''

 

He was about to turn around and walk towards a room when he heard a commotion.

 

 

''Boss! Wait!''

 

 

''Yah! off!''

 

 

''Booooossss!''

 

 

 

Jaejoong turned around and there not so far away from him he saw a badly beaten guy, one of their men.

 

 

 

''Bring him over.'' he ordered.

 

 

 

 

''Boss!'' the man half ran, half dragged himself. When he was already infront Jaejoong, he knelt down.

 

 

''You disrespectful----'' one of his man was about to pull the man off but Jaejoong signalled him to stop.

 

 

 

''Boss... Please help me... Akira took my daughter... BOsss!!!''

 

 

 

''Mworago?''

 

 

 

''One of his men offered me money for help. I took it because my wife was sick.'' the man told him while he was crying.

''And I was stupid for meeting up with my daughter by the gate! She just brought me food! She just brought me food! I didn't know! I didn't know Akira's men got her until the last inspection before the cargo went off!''

 

 

 

Jaejoong's hand curled into fists. Without any word, he grabbed the man by his collar and punched him on the face.

 

 

 

 

''You know you're in a dirty business! You came here and you know what we do! The moment you land your feet on this building you should know what the consequences may be!'' he shouted at the man. ''What kind of father engages into something dangerous without thinking of the effect it has on his children?'' he said as he glared at him before turning around.

 

 

 

''Call Akira's men. Find that bastard's daughter and tell him to never lay a finger on her and bring her back, arasso?'' he told his men as he entered his office and locked the door behind him.

 

 

 

''AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!'' he screamed as he punched the wall, leaving his knuckles bleeding.

 

 

♫the angels they burn inside for us 
are we ever 
are we ever gonna learn to fly...

 

 

 

''I don't wanna do this.. I don't wanna do this anymore...'' he said before limping down...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

♫...the devils they burn inside of us
are we ever gonna come back down 
come around...♫

 

 

 

''What do you want, Dong Won?'' Teddy snapped at him.

 

 

 

''Easy, boy. Are you in a hurry? But the night is still young!'' Dong Won told Teddy.

 

 

''Stop bothering my harabeoji. He's too old for this. And about that casino project, I'm sorry but his decision is final.''

 

 

''If you say so...'' Dong Won just smirked and nodded. ''Oh, I heard your aunt is back, and you had a mini reunion during the party. Poor Taekyung, he missed it.''

 

 

Teddy balled his hands into fists until his knuckles almost turned white. The mere mention of his father's name is sending him to anger.

 

 

''Oh, sorry. I just can't help it! He used to be my bestfriend but I'm still wondering what caused him to do such a ririculous decision of letting your aunt escape. He paid for it in an instant.''

 

 

''Stop digging about the past!'' Teddy warned him. ''I am here to settle things with you for you to stop sending harabeoji those threats!''

 

 

Dong Won arched his brows. ''Arasso. I want you to forget about those threats. Coz I'm not the type of person who just do threats...'' he said, making Teddy whip his head towards him.  ''I act.'' Dong Won continued as he smirked.

 

 

''The damage has been done, Teddy. And sadly, your harabeoji's at fault. He has no use to me, what do we do now? Besides I hate traitors.'' Dong Won told Teddy as he went nearer him. ''Two days ago, we were trailed by some police officers... Luckily, my men were great they had the chance to escape. I wonder who tipped those es about that night.''

 

 

 

Teddy cringed at the sound of his voice in his ears.

 

 

''We don't know what you're saying. And this is exactly that's why harabeoji ended up his ties with you. You should stop doing those crazy business Dong Won and start living clean, just like your da---.''

 

 

''My dad? He tried all his might but what? He still landed second, third, not even a tie to your company when it comes to land development. At least here in this business, I'm topnotch.'' he dramatically said.

 

 

''Talking to you is hopeless!'' Teddy stood up.

 

''Of course, it's really hopeless, Teddy. You think I'm gonna let you off just like that? Crazy crazy Parks.''

 

 

Teddy tried to get a grip of himself and stay firm on his spot. His anger is boiling inside plus the worries of what this man before him might to to his family.

 

 

''You should go. And make sure to let the old man know about this.'' Dong Wong smirked before turning away from him and walk away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

After the boys' performance, the crowd gathered around them, while CL, Minzy and Bom went sulking in a corner.

Dara just stayed by Eunju's side while Hyun Suk went towards Jiyong and talked to him.

 

 

 

''Omma...''

 

 

''Neh?

 

 

 

''I... I'm not feeling well... Can I stay at my apartment tonight? I... I just want to get some of my things and... My cat. I wonder how he's doing now...''

 

 

''Oh...Chincha? You must be very tired with all the work. Kaja, let's go. We'll drive you home.''

 

 

''Ani.. I'd be fine. I'll just take a cab. Besides its out of your way home and it's already late.''

 

 

''Aigoo... Tell your father about it. I'm not sure he'd approve of you taking a cab home.'' Eunju told her before taking her Dara with her to the two men's direction.When they were near enough, she then called Hyun Suk who was talking to Jiyong. ''Hyun Suk-ah.''

 

 

''Neh?''

 

 

Eunju walked towards the two with Dara beside her whose eyes were still busy looking down the floor.

 

 

''Good evening aunt.'' Jiyong bowed to her. ''Good evening.... Dara.''

 

 

Dara flinched when she heard him call her by her name once more, she could just slightly nod.

 

 

''Hi Jiyong. You and your band did really great.'' Eunju complimented him and Jiyong jusy bowed in acknowledgement.

 

 

''Hyun-suk ah, Our daughter here isn't feeling really well and she wants to go home to her apartment. She said she's just going to take a cab.'' Eunju turned to Hyun Suk.

 

Jiyong's ears turned attentive when he heard she's not feeling well.

 

 

''Aigoo, Dara-ah. You know that just can't be..---''

 

 

''Appa... I'm... I'm not a kid anymore.'' she bravely said.

 

 

''We do understand that but---''

 

 

 

''I'll take her home.'' Jiyong volunteered, making the three look at him.

 

 

''I... I mean, you're going to your apartment right? And we're just neighbors right.. I'll just...''

 

 

''ANI!!!'' Dara panicked at the very thought of it. ''I'd be fine Ji----''

 

 

''Aigoo, I almost forgot. Haha... Thank you son.'' Hyun Suk tapped Jiyong's shoulder ignoring her daughter's protest. ''So it's settled. Dara, you go home with him.''

 

 

''But...''

 

 

''No but's, dear.'' Eunju told her. ''Thank you Jiyong.'' she said and patted the man's shoulder.

 

 

''Let's go.'' Jiyong told her.

 

 

''But...''

 

 

''You heard it.. No but's.''

 

 

 

''Fine...I'll just let the girls know. Excuse me...'' Dara said before going away.

 

 

''Aisht... Jiyong-ah, you might know her better than I do but still, please be patient with her. I'm glad she has good friends like you even if she practically grew up alone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter