Bribe The Ahjumma

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Bomm---''  Dara was about to call Bom to have breakfast when she heard her talking to someone on phone.

 

 

''Oppa! I haven't agreed yet! Look, I'm sooo sure she won't agree to it no matter what you do. And don't even think about hitting two birds with one stone by putting my lovelife on the line! ----- Whaat??? Aissssht!  Fine! Do what you want... Yaaaah... Yoboseyo??? Yaaaah!''

 

 

Dara went back to the dining table. What  was it? Why is Bom fuming?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Are you sure about this? We haven't done this for quite a while now.'' Daesung asked the boys.

 

 

''I'm confident with my skills, I'm not just so sure about you.''  Seungri proudly said.

 

 

''That's why we're here to rehearse!'' Youngbae pointed out.

 

 

Top just looked at his wristwatch... ''Yeah, rehearse for a couple of hours and perform tonight. So let's keep moving.''

 

 

 

During their college and trainee years, they were once known as BIGBANG... They perform gigs in different venues, bars, shool programs and gatherings. But they just kept it low. They do it for fun. It's their love for music that drove them. But when they were assigned finally to Seoul PD and became full time police officers a couple of years ago, they eventually had to stop.

 

 

Jiyong didn't stop composing songs though, and each of them still plays their instrument at home, or if they have time.

 

 

So performing in front of a huge crowd now somehow feels different for them after a long time.

 

 

 

''Hyung?''  Seungri called Jiyong.

 

 

''Yeah, let's do this.''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Tadah!''

 

 

''Oppa! What brings you here?

 

 

 

 

 

''These!'' Teddy held his hands as if presenting his masterpiece, guiding the delivery men inside.  ''Yah, careful! There... There...''

 

 

 

 

 

''Kamsahamnida...'' Teddy then closed the door as the last deliveryman went out. He turned and smiled at Dara...  ''Liked them?''

 

 

 

 

Cakes and different cakes.

Chocolates and different kinds of chocolates.

Dadoongie's new bed. Dadoongie's new blanket. Dadoongie's toys...

 

 

Dara loves desserts and sweets. It's her weakness.

 

Dadoongie is her baby. It's her weakness too.

 

 

Dara pouted... After a while, she grinned and nodded like a child getting her Christmas present.

 

 

 But then, she realized something. These are more than the usual stuff he gives her. She turned her back on Teddy and bowed her head down... She lifted her hands and did the E.T. sign she usually does whenever she's nervous or thinking.

 

 

 

 

''Oppa, what's the deal?'' Dara asked...

 

 

She felt something's off here. She knows her Teddy oppa is really generous but seeing tons and tons of boxes, she knows it's more than just dropping by and saying hello to her.

 

 

 

''Dara-ah...'' Teddy went beside Dara and wrapped an arm around her.

 

 

''Don't get mad at oppa, neh?''

 

 

Dara just nodded.

 

 

 

''Listen...  I  want you to experience some life away from here. I mean, alright. You might say no again but, when it comes to you, I won't lose hope okay?''

 

 

Dara nodded again.

 

 

''Will you agree if I would ask you out to go out with me and the girls?''

 

 

 

So this is it, she thought.

 

 

 

 What her Teddy oppa brought for her is really tempting and it's such a waste if she'll say no. But what really troubles her is what she heard Bom was talking about earlier. Her lovelife on the line. How was it connected?

 

 

 

 Does that mean she has to go?

 

 

Come to think of it, she really can't remember anything huge she's done for her cousin-slash-sister-slash-bestfriend Bom. Maybe this is the right time for payback.

 

 

But how?

 

 

 

''W-w-w-here... When?''

 

 

 

Teddy saw a glint of hope... ''Tonight! 8pm... At a Se7en's bar!''

 

 

 

 

''Oppa... I-i-i-f I'd say yes, will it benefit someone?'' she asked.

 

 

 

 

Teddy smiled and took held her shoulders. ''It would benefit everyone that loves you... And most especially, I hope it would benefit you.''

 

 

 

Dara closed her eyes. ''I can make it... I can make it...'' she thought to herself. ''For Bom...''

 

 

 

 

''Oppa...''

 

 

''Neh?''

 

 

 

''I'm going.''

 

 

 

Teddy sighed in relief... This is easier than he thought.  He mentally thanked God and all the saints as if what he heard was a miracle itself.

 

 

 

''Thank you Dara-ah. You just made me so happy!''

 

 

She bowed and forced a smile.

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

 

 

''!'' Bom cursed as she dropped her phone on the table.

 

 

''I hate you Tedddyyyy Paaaaarrrrk!'' she screamed.

 

 

But then she realized something...

 

 

 

''Damnit! The girls! We need to prepare!'' Bom took her phone once more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Hyung!'' the boys went to Se7en.

 

Se7en faked a salute, earning a laugh from the boys.

 

 

''Well, well, well. Look at this. The 5 most gorgeous police officers of Seoul PD performing tonight as BIGBANG.''

 

 

''Naaaah. Don't stress it too much it gives me the creeps.'' TOP rubbed his arms.

 

 

''But were sure we'll be having fun tonight. We missed this.'' Youngbae added.

 

 

''Make sure you do well tonight. My friends are coming.'' Se7en crossed his arms.

 

 

''Of course we'll do well.'' Daesung assured.  ''Seungri, did you bring some BB cream?''

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter