HOT N' COLD

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

''Crap! Sh*t!''

 

 

Bom cursed for the nth time upon realizing she left her phone at Dara's apartment.

 

Earlier, she  noticed the drive was unusually a long one when it should be just 15 minutes to the nearest fine dining resto in town. She decided to call Teddy but she couldn't find her phone inside her clutch bag.

 

 

''Ahjussi?''

 

 

''Neh, Bom-ssi...''

 

 

''Where are we going?''

 

 

''To your date, Bom-ssi.''

 

 

''Ani... Ani... I mean, what's exactly the name of the place?''

 

 

''Park World.''

 

 

''Ah... I see... Thanks...----- PARK WOOOOORLDDD???!!!''

 

 

''Neh.''

 

 

''Ahjussi, are you sure???''

 

''Neh. It was instructed to me clearly by your brother.''

 

 

Bom blinked several times.

 

 

''WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WEARING LIKE THIS AT PARK WORLD???''

 

 

''STOP THE CAR!''

 

 

''I'm sorry Bom-ssi but it was clearly instructed to me that I should take you there.''

 

 

''YAH! YOU CAN'T! I'M CLEARLY INSTRUCTING YOU RIGHT NOW... TO....AISSSHT!!!'' she felt helpless when she thought about Teddy and his authority when it comes to their employees. She's sure, even if she'd cry and wail and go crazy, this ahjussi won't stop because of his fear towards Teddy.

 

''A-ah-jjussi... This is a misunderstanding between me and oppa. Can I borrow your phone for a while?''

 

 

''Sure... Here it is Bom-ssi.'' The driver  took his phone out and handed it to Bom without looking at her.

 

 

''Come on, aisht!'' Bom almost threw the phone away but the driver looked at her through the mirror, reminding her that it's his phone... She then composed herself and tried calling Teddy again. But the line is busy.

 

''DAAAMN IT! I'M GONNA KILL YOU OPP......PA.....''

 

 

Bom slowed down with her words. She didn't realize since it's already dark but the Park World's signage was as bright as the sun.

 

 

''AIIIISSSSHT!!!''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP was waiting inside his car parked at the front of the amusement park's main gate. He's wondering why there were no people inside and around the area so he decided to phone Se7en.

 

 

''Hyung, I'm here.''

 

 

''Seunghyun... Just wait a bit okay? I'm sure she's already somewhere near the area.''

 

 

''Are you trolling me? No one's around the area!!! The park seems closed because I couldn't see a single person inside!''

 

 

''Of course not! I'm sure about that. Yah idiot, she's a friend okay? Treat her well...''

 

''You keep on saying that... Why don't you just come here yourself? Yah! Yoboseyo??? Yobose... '' Top suddenly stopped whining when a black car appeared in front of him.

 

 

He went out of his car expecting no one but the friend his hyung was saying.

 

He saw a driver clad in black and white suit step out of the car and went to the passenger seat to open the door for her.

 

He saw a foot step out and admired how y it is with that black stilletos. But come to think of it, who in their right mind would come here wearing such kind of shoes?

 

He saw her head behind the door bob up a bit as she went down the car.

 

But...

 

 

His jaw almost dropped when he saw the girl in black short dress whose thighs were oh-so glorious he couldn't be mistaken.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''This is BULL! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!''  The girl cursed and shouted at the top of her lungs.

 

 

 

 

''P-P-ark B-B-om????

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara was organizing the set of her new creations which will be picked up by Bom's staff tomorrow. It was one of those few nights that she's smiling contentedly. It's been a happy day, after all. She haven’t seen CL and Minzy today alright, but she just tried to shake the feeling off her. She knows those two are also busy with their own lives. Besides, she promised herself she'll no longer burden them anymore. She's trying her hardest though, but she knows, it's worth it. This time she'll support them with all that she can.

 

 

 

 

 

When she finished fixing the clothes, she went out of her work room and locked it but a silhouette by the glass door to the balcony caught her eye.

 

 

Slowly and unsure, she walked towards it.

 

She gripped the door knob and was about to turn it when she heard a familiar phone ring. She looked around and followed the sound until she reached her bedroom.

 

There on her bed lies Bom's phone.

 

She took it and saw Teddy was calling.

 

 

''Yoboseyo? Oppa.''

 

 

''Dara? Where's Bom?''

 

''She already went out... About an hour ago I guess...She left her phone, oppa. I just came out from my working area when I heard this phone ring.''

 

 

 

''Aisht!!!''

 

 

''Why, what's the matter?''

 

''Ehem... Nothing Dara ah... Nothing that you should worry about. I got this.''

 

 

''You sure oppa?''

 

''Neh! Yah,, Dara...''

 

 

''Make sure to lock your doors, arasso?''

 

 

''Of course I always keep them locked. You're funny oppa. No need to remind me.''

 

''Just make sure you lock up everything.''

 

''Neh.''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong smiled as he saw the form of the sleeping maknae. He couldn't help but wonder how the hell Seungri got himself an injury on his foot. He picked up the blanket that has fallen on the floor and wrapped it around the boy. He can see he's tired from everything that happened today. .

 

Yes...recently, a lot has been happening.

 

He stood up and went out of the room. He sat by the window as he tried to move his hand but he still found it hard to.

 

After the meeting with the boys this morning, he asked Seungri to accompany him to a doctor and had his hand checked. The doctor said it's not a major injury though it would still need days or a week to be fully healed.

 

 

Still after all that's been discussed, a lot of things are troubling him lately.

 

 

And one of it is Dara...

 

 

 

Teddy... He said he's willing to pay for everything the boys need as long as her sister's safe. He said all they have to do is protect her from any harm and look over the other girls too.

 

But when the boys asked him why they need to protect Dara until the fashion show, Teddy couldn't give an answer.

 

 

 

Why does she need to be protected???

From what?

From whom?

Isn't she just an adopted child?

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

 

''We received an information about someone planning to get Dara so she won't show up on the DB & Co collection release.'' Teddy said seriously. 

 

 

''You mean a kidnap plan?'' Youngbae asked back.

 

 

''Sort of that...'' Teddy replied.

 

 

 

''You mean from someone like?'' Jiyong asked.

 

 

''Someone with a purpose of hiding her and keeping her away...'' Se7en asnwered while looking at Teddy.

 

 

‘'Where did you get the info?'' TOP asked.

 

 

''From a very reliable source.'' Se7en answered again.

 

 

''Why would they want to get Dara?'' Youngbae got curious.

 

''Because I just heard so...'' Teddy answered.

 

 

 

''So it's a hearsay? I mean, no direct threat?'' Daesung asked.

 

 

''! Does that matter?'' Teddy snapped.

 

 

''Of course hyung! Seriously, I don't think this talk is going anywhere!'' Seungri butted in.

 

''I have to agree hyung... We need to get all the infos so we can help you. We can't just do this without further details.'' Jiyong agreed and the other 4 boys nodded.

 

 

Teddy sighed.  ''I'm sorry... Right now, things are really complicated. Or maybe I'm just getting paranoid. Or I'm overreacting. But the person involved is someone unpredictable. He's dangerous.''

 

 

''How did you know, hyung?'' Daesung questioned.

 

 

''Because I know him.''

 

 

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

 

 

 

His mind was webbed with these thoughts and more. Feeling the need to stop dwelling on it, he stood up and decided to turn on the TV when...

 

 

 

 

CRASH!!! BLAG!!!

 

 

''AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!''

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's eyes widened. The sound was from Dara's apartment. Without thinking he ran out of their unit to Dara's door and pushed the doorbell nonstop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara went out of her bedroom as soon as she ended the call. She was about to go to the kitchen when she saw Dadoong trying with all his might to leap up her rocking chair and reach the window. She walked towards the cat but at that time, it managed to get up the chair.

 

''Dadoongie-ah! Stop! What are you doing?''

 

 

The cat ignored her and just hissed angrily at the window. It leaped up once more only to hit a couple of figurines and pots by the ledge.

 

 

 

 

 

CRASH!!! BLAG!!!

 

 

 

''AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!''

 

 

She covered her ears and closed her eyes expecting for more shattering sounds but nothing came.

 

 

 

''Oh my God! Dadoongie! What are you up to?''

 

 

She went nearer the window and followed the cat's gaze. She then slowly held on the curtains and parted it.

 

 

Cold wind brushed her hair away from her face. She shuddered at the sudden feeling. Did she left it open? She furrowed her brows as she looked outside.

 

 

''Yah, Dadoongie why did you do that, huh?'' she said as she bent down to pat the cat's head and put it on her rocking chair. She then tried to pick up the pieces of the broken flowerpots and figurines. ''Now we've got a lot of mess to clea...--- OUCH!'' she flinched when she felt a sharp pain on her finger.

 

 

 

DING! DONG!

 

 

 

 

 

Dara got up and walked her way to the door. She  took a peep on the uninvited person.

 

''Omo... What is he doing here?''  she asked herself when she saw Jiyong through the peephole.

 

 

 

''Ahjumma! Yah, ahjumma!''  he shouted as he kept ringing the bell.

 

 

''N-n-eh???'' Dara answered behind the still closed door.

 

 

''Open the door! Are you alright?''

 

 

''Why? I-i'm fine...''

 

 

''Open the door!''

 

 

''I-i'm okay.. Why are you here?'' she shouted back.

 

 

''I SAID OPEN THE DOOR DAMNIT!''

 

 

Dara was startled with the authority in Jiyong's voice. She removed the lock and turned the knob. A fuming Jiyong welcomed her.

 

 Before she could say anything, Jiyong walked past her and zoomed inside her house.

 

 

 

''Y-Y-ah... Just because I agreed to make friends with you... I-i-t doesn't mean... Y-y-ou can just barge in like that... Y-y-ah!''  Dara followed him as he walked towards the open window. He looked at the broken pieces ceramics at the foot of the window and turned around to face her.

 

 

''What happened? Are you okay?'' Jiyong looked at her up and down and found a single bleeding cut on her left index finger.

 

 

''!'' he took her hand and held it pointing upwards.  ''Hold on. Where's your first aid kit?''

 

 

''N-n-no need... it's just a small wound. I can do it...'' Dara tried to move away from him as she kept her eyes closed, avoiding the uncomfortable feeling that's starting to brew again inside her.

 

 

''Stop blabbering, will you?''  Jiyong left her and started walking around trying to remember where she got the kit when she tended to his injured hand and he found it on a top shelf.

 

 

''Come here.''

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter