A Genuine Smile

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Bom strutted her way towards her office.

 

It's going to be a busy day for her. She's set to meet the girls from the modelling agency today. Actually, this is CL's job but the girl was nursing a headache and she couldn't make it to the office this early.

 

 

 

''Good thing Dara informed me earlier. Aissht. What am I gonna do with these girls? Aiyooo...'' she held her head as she passed by her secretary.

 

 

 

''Cancell all my other appointments today. I'll be attending the meeting with the modeling agency instead of CL. And tell the production staff to send me their reports. NOW. I want to see their progress.''

 

 

 

 

''Neh, sajangnim.'' the girl bowed at her.

 

 

Bom then nodded and went inside her office.

 

 

''Good morning!'' Teddy turned the chair to face her sister.

 

 

''O-o-ppa...''

 

 

 

The door suddenly flung open.

 

 

''Sajangnim I'm sorry I forgot to tell you...'' the secretary then gasped loudly seeing Bom's surprised expression.

 

 

''Out...'' Bom told her.

 

 

''Neh sajangnim, Mianhe.''

 

 

 

Bom then turned to face Teddy.

 

 

''What is it oppa? Don't you have work to do? You don't want harabeoji to disown you once he finds out you're slacking, do you?''

 

 

''You seem to be in a very bad mood.''

 

 

''And you're not helping a bit oppa. I have a lot of things to do... To think about. If you're just going to talk to me about that stupid bet, this isn't just the right time.''

 

 

 

''Bommie-ah...''

 

 

''Oppa! You don't realize how serious things are getting! Gomo... Gomo is coming... Omma told me! What if she finds out about Dara! Or what's worse, what if she already knew that's why she's coming? SHE.WANTS.A.DAMN.PARTNESHIP.WITH DB&CO. and who am I to say no to her?''

 

 

 

Teddy sighed. He thought for a while thinking how selfish he sounded.

 

Bom noticed her oppa's silence and felt somehow guilty.

 

 

 

''You're not acting sad, are you?'' Bom asked Teddy.

 

 

''Look... If you do not want it, I won't force you to do it. It's just that... Aisht! Forget about it!'' Teddy said in frustration  ''I'm going... See you tonight at home.''

 

 

 

 

Bom ruffled her bangs. She felt guilty with her sudden outburst.

 

 

 

''Oppa...'' she shut her eyes.

 

''Let's have this agreement.''

 

 

 

''What?''

 

 

''Tell me the date and place. If it doesn't clash with any of my appointments I'll go...''

 

 

 

''Really????'' Teddy went back to Bom.

 

 

''BUT!''

 

 

''But?''

 

 

''JUST  THIS  ONCE... Whether this works out or not, promise me you won't set me up again. Promise me...''

 

 

 

Teddy smiled and hugged Bom...

 

 

''I promise Bommie-ah... I just want everything settled.''

 

 

''Yah! Why do I feel like you're already planning to get married!'' Bom hit him.

 

''W-w-hat?''

 

 

''Then why are you trying to settle everything? So that you could be free?''

 

 

''You! Yah! I-i-i  don't have such plans yet!'' Teddy stuttered

 

 

''Aigooo... Oppa's stuttering! Jeezzzz. You're hiding something from me? Hmm on the second thought, you don't even have a girlfriend!''

 

 

'' Aisht! Gotta go. It's really fun seeing you with that furious face in the morning!'' he said as he ran away.

 

 

 

''Yah! Find yourself a girlfriend! And stop worrying about me!''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong and Seungri decided to go to gym to work out.

Jiyong has been in a good mood since last night.

 

 

 

''Jiyong-ssi?''

 

 

 

''Neh ahjussi. Good morning.'' Jiyong stopped when he saw the guard running towards him.

 

 

 

''I was just wondering if you got the package. I mean a box of this size...'' the guard drew on air.  ''It must be important to you. I just wanna make sure you got it.''

 

 

Jiyong looked at Seungri.

 

''Hyung, ahjumma...''

 

 

 

Then it hit him.

 

So, did the guard just asked Dara to give it to him?

 

 

''I don't get it...''

 

 

''You didn't get it? Omo! I knew it. I troubled Dara-ssi for asking to give it to you. Aisht!'' the guard hit his head.  ''She must be so shy to even ring your doorbell.''

 

 

''Ani... Ani... I mean I got the box but I don't understand. Who gave it to you?''

 

 

 

''You're not expecting it?'' The guard asked.

 

 

''Not at all, I mean, I just moved in here. Nobody knows I live here except my friends and my uncle.''

 

 

''Oh, kureyo? Aigoo. I must be mistaken. But I'm sure the girl told me it's for Kwon Jiyong... a guy who used to be blonde but dyed his hair black and...'' the guard animatedly told him while pointing at his hair.

 

 

''A GIRL???'' Seungri and Jiyong asked.

 

 

''Neh. And that she's a friend that's why she didn't give her name when I asked for it.''

 

''Do you happen to recognize her?'' Seungri asked.

 

 

''No... She's wearing a huge pair of sunglasses.''

 

 

''Yah hyung.'' Seungri nudged him. ''You didn't tell me you're dating someone.''

 

 

 

 

''Shut up!''

 

 

''Aigooo... I guess she's just a fan... I've heard you're performing at a nearby bar.'' the guard grinned.

 

 

 

''Ah... I don't think so... Thanks anyway, ahjussi... We'll go ahead.'' he then bowed and walked towards the gym.

 

 

''Ayiii hyung! I think guard ahjussi is right! It's from a fan...kekeke...''

 

 

''One more and you'll get it from me.'' he warned the maknae.

 

 

He felt disappointed, he has to admit.

Not that he believed the ahjumma can say such words to him through that message on the cake but he didn’t see it coming.

 

He mentally cursed and laughed at his stupidity.

How could he even believe it was from that weird girl and that simple belief made him smile until the truth reached him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Top was playing his guitar, rehearsing for their performance tonight.

 

 

He furrowed his brows upon ignoring his phone for the nth time. A number has been appearing and he has no idea who it was.

 

The phone rang again but this time, it's Se7en.

 

 

 

''Yobose...''

 

 

''Yah!''

 

 

Top furrowed his brows and looked at his phone.

 

 

''Yoboseyo??''

 

 

''Yah, what are you doing?''

 

''Oh. Nothing... Just playing my guitar. Why hyung?''

 

 

''Oh, I just wanna ask you about something.''

 

 

''Oh sure. What is it?''

 

 

'' Are you free on Saturday night?''

 

''No. We have a gig in the bar right? Unless you're saying you're firing us.''

 

 

''Anii. How could I? I mean, I can give you guys a day off.''

 

 

''You're acting weird hyung. Spill it.''

 

 

The line then grew silent.

 

 

''Hyung?''

 

 

 

 

''Aisht... You should've just picked up the phone earlier. I shouldn't be the one explaining this to you.''

 

 

''Mworago?''

 

 

''Nothing! Saturday... Your day off... I want you to go to Park World.''

 

''Neh???? Park WorLd? What the hell am I supposed to do in an amusement park?''

 

 

''I... I have a friend! Right. A friend... And that friend wants a tour there. And I seriously can't go. So... Can I send you instead?''

 

 

 

''Yah... I know you're quite good in ditching dates but why pass it on to me?''

 

 

''Just go... Or else I'll tell Jiyong about...

 

 

''YAAAAAH! YOU AIN'T FAIR HYUNG!''

 

 

''Of course I am.. Did you a favor, why not do this for me? It's simple right?''

 

 

''Aisssht! I don't have any choice here, do I?''

 

 

''Course you don't! See you tonight...''

 

 

 

Top sighed and went back to his guitar.

 

 

''Aissht, here he goes again ditching dates.''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Unnie..''

 

 

''Hmm???''

 

 

''I'm bored. Let's go out.''

 

 

 

Dara looked at CL. ''I can't CL-roo. I've got a lot of stuff to finish.'' she then went back to the dress.

 

 

''Can I have some of these then?'' CL asked about the food in her ref.

 

 

''Sure. Eat as much as you can. Just make sure you'll fit in this.'' she said pertaining to the dress she's finishing up for her.

 

 

''I think I changed my mind.'' CL said as she slumped back to her seat.

 

 

 

''Unnie..''

 

''Neh?''

 

 

''Are you sure pandaboy was the one who brought me here?''

 

Dara just smiled at her.

 

 

''Did I do something... Hmm...nasty or dusgusting or...''

 

 

''I don't think so.'' Dara cut her halfway her sentence.  ''He looked calm and concerned.''

 

 

CL tilted her head.

 

 

''Come here, try this one on. Ppalli!''

 

 

 

>

 

 

Dara looked at the direction of the door.

 

 

''I'll get it. That's probably the textile delivery.''

 

 

CL just nodded.

 

 

 

Dara went out of her work ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter