Surprises

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong woke up early the next day.

 

 

 

Correction.

 

 

He wasn't really able to sleep well. His mind was travelling somewhere in neverland while the stupid maknae kept snoring the whole night.

 

 

He cooked some pancakes for breakfast and went out their apartment. He's aiming for the gym. He needs to be fit. In a few days, they'll be back to Seoul PD.

 

 

 

Jiyong pushed the glass door of the gym and headed towards the treadmill.

 

 

''Oppa!'' he heard someone call him as he started his pace on the machine.

 

 

''Oh, Sulli-ssi. Good morning.'' he said, still keeping up his pace.

 

 

''Good morning! Hey, just call me Sulli. We're friends now right?'' Sulli settled herself to the treadmill next to Jiyong's.

 

Jiyong just looked ahead the glass wall and smiled.

 

 

''You went home early last night.''

 

''Neh???'' he asked her.

 

 

''I mean, I was there to watch your performance last night. I was trying to find you after the show but someone said you already went home with the creep... I mean...''

 

''You mean Dara.'' he corrected her.

 

 

''N-n-eh, sorry. You're pretty close, aren't you?''

 

 

''Not really. We're just in the same circle of friends.''  Do they really look close? He asked himself and shook his head.  ''What made you say so?''

 

 

''Oh... Nothing... But some say she's awkward to people. But I don't think she is when it comes to you.'' Sulli said as she stepped on the machine.

 

 

''She is awkward to everyone. And I am no exception to that. Why are you so interested?''

 

 

''Huh??? I... I... I just wanna make friends with her. I mean, she looks lonely. Doesn't she have a family?'' Sulli asked him back.

 

 

''She does. But... I don't know either. Maybe she just likes it that way. I just hope people would stop judging her.''

 

Sulli flinched at his words.

He said they're not close.

But obviously, he sympathizes with the girl.

 

 

''Oh. Yeah, right... Well... Thanks for the info oppa...”

 

 

Jiyong just nodded. ''What do you do? I mean what keeps you busy?'' he tried asking her.

 

 

''Well, me and my friend Krystal just finished Fashion Technology. I do freelance modelling along with her. As with designing...I'm really interested in it but I don't think I'm that good.''

 

 

 

Dara's face came flashing in his mind. That one morning when he touched her sketchpad and she went berserk. She thought he'll judge her works. And that was the first time he saw her angry. A smile crept his face but he immediately reminded himself that the girl is a dangerous one. She’s just been the cause of his busted lip.

 

That crazy ahjumma, he thought.

But deep inside, he knew he was to blame. He initiated that insane closeness.

Was it her first? Impossible. She’s already 29.  She should’ve been inlove before.

 

He shook his head when he remembered Dara’s shocked face last night.

 

 

''Why are you smiling oppa?''

 

''Ah... Nothing. Have more confidence Sulli. So what if some people think you're not that good? Try trusting your talent, work hard, and eventually the rest will follow.''

 

 

 

Sulli smiled but her heart was doing 360 degrees flips.

 

''Thank you oppa. I'll keep that in mind.'' she said.

 

 

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

 

 

Minzy walked her way to her Dara-unni's unit.

 

Actually, she's here for two reasons.

 

 

One, is to visit Dara and pick a dress from her existing collection.

 

Second, is to ask someone to be her to the party tomorrow night.

 

It is a party to celebrate the partnership between three of Seoul’s grandest companies- Park Malls and Development, G-Hotels and Properties, and the France based Lee Interiors.

 

In short, it’s a joint project by the Parks, Lees and Gongs. And just last night Bom informed her that she made some adjustments in the party because she wants to celebrate the old Park’s 80th birthday on the same event.

 

 

She paused for a minute to think whether to ring unit 11 (where Daesung and Youngbae stays) or head straight to unit 13 (Dara's).

 

In the end, Minzy decided to quickly inform Daesung and ask for his attendance to the party.

 

 

''God... I hope he won't think I'm an easy girl. But I think it's with him that I'll be most comfortable with.'' she told herself.

 

''Gong Minzy, fighting!''

 

She pushed the doorbell button once... Twice... And waited for someone to open the door but no one came.

 

 

She tried again... until finally someone came out and...

 

 

''Good morning Daesung opp--a....'' she bowed and when she was about to look up, she saw his body... Whole body... and he's wearing nothing but only his boxers on.

 

 

 

 

''KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!''

 

 

Daesung whose eyes a while ago were half-open, finally struggled to widen. Out of panic, he dragged Minzy inside their apartment and locked the door behind her.

 

 

''Shhhh. Shhhh... I'm sorry! Wait here!'' Daesung ran back his room and put on a shirt and a pair of jogging pants.

 

 

When he came back, Minzy was already in a daze, looking nowhere.

 

 

''Minzy... Yah, Minzy!'' he fanned her face and brought her up her feet.

 

 

''I'm sorry, God... I wasn't expecting anyone to come other than the boys.'' Daesung said as he held her by her arms.

 

 

''What are you doing here this early?''

 

 

''Neh?''

 

''Why did you come? What are you here for? Is there a problem?'' Daesung asked some more.

 

 

''Neh... My... Problem...is... I need.... An... ...for a party... Tomorrow... Night...and...'' Minzy found it hard to breathe. Daesung then was waiting for her next words.

 

 

''And... I thought... Of... Asking.. You.. To... Come... And... Be... my...''

 

 

''SURE! Your ? No problem about that!'' Daesung said as he gave her his infamous eye smile.

 

 

''God save me...'' Minzy whispered as she lost consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara rushed to Minzy's side as soon as she went in Daesung and Youngbae's apartment.

 

Youngbae told her earlier about Minzy fainting so she immediately dashed out of her apartment to see their maknae.

 

 

''Mingkki? Mingkki-ah?'' She called her as soon as Minzy moved her eyelids and fluttered it open.

 

 

''Unnie... You're here?''

 

 

''Neh.. What happened?''

 

 

'' I don't know, all I know is I was dreaming.''

 

 

''Of...???'' Youngbae asked her.

 

 

Minzy looked around and blushed when she saw Daesung. She felt giddy she could feel energy surging through her veins.

 

 

''Unnie! I was dreaming of Daesung oppa! Kyaaah! He agreed to be my for tomorrow night’s party!''

 

 

Daesung laughed at the girl's antics.

 

 

''Hey,'' he said as he knelt on the floor by the couch. '' You weren't dreaming, silly. It all happened earlier.''

 

 

Minzy sat up straight from the couch and clamped .

 

 

''Omo... Aaaaaa! Unnie! This is so embarassing! Come on, let's get out of here!'' she said as she stood up and grabbed Dara by her wrist.

 

 

''Hey... Are you still getting me as your ?'' Daesung shouted at the retreating back of Minzy.

 

 

''NEEEHHH!'' she answered as she ran away with Dara trailing her behind.

 

 

 

''Yo man, I can tell she likes you.'' Youngbae nudged Daesung.

 

 

''What's the matter? I like her too! KYAAAAAAH!'' Daesung screamed like a giddy teenage girl.

 

 

Youngbae could just roll his eyes.

 

 

 

-------------

 

 

''Yoboseyo?'' Bom finally answered her phone which has been ringing since last night. She was not familiar with the number so she kept ignoring the call, until today.

 

 

When she woke up this morning, she found out who it was through a text message.

 

 

''Hey. I thought you're still not going to pick up the phone even now that you know it's me.'' He chuckled but his voice was obviously hoarse.

 

 

''Oh sorry about that... I didn't know it's you last night. Why did you ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter