7 Days to Love You

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sorry not edited T_T*

Author's POV:

With her eyes closed, Dara listened to the sound of the water running, falling against the cold tiles of her bathroom floor. It reminded her of the sound of the slight drizzle of rain during those summer days. She could still imagine how each droplet glittered brightly as the sun shone right through it. It was like a rain of diamonds from the sky. She remembered how she loved the feeling of the cold rain and the warm breeze on her skin as she looked up the sky. It was as if the world was wiping her tears away. 

As she opened her eyes, she could see nothing but the white tiles of her bathroom floor. The skin on her toes and fingers wrinkled while her cheeks felt numb and cold. She stood up gently, hearing the sound of her knees and elbows cracking after being stretched after a while. Slightly unsteady, she reached out for the shower tap and stopped the water from running. 

After wiping her face with a damp towel, Dara stood and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her pale face was almost indistinguishable against the white bathroom tiles behind her. Her wet, dark black hair plastered limply against her . The towel lied lifelessly on the floor as her whole body was exposed to the empty room. She felt so cold she could almost see the fog of air leave .

"All I need you to do, Ms. Sandara Park, is disappear"

The sound of his haunting voice lingered in her ears, repeating itself over and over again until it was imprinted onto her mind. She watched as a tear drop down from the corner of her eye, followed by uneding streams of tears a second later. That heavy aching in her chest came back. That gnawing pain in her head was consuming her again. 

"I'm sorry Donghae...." Dara fell down on the ground and pulled her knees to her chest. "I'm sorry." 

"I'm so sorry Donghae, I'm so sorry." she repeated over and over again, crying out silently as her tears continuously flowed. 

The guilt was overwhelming, the thought of having to choose her father over Donghae was engulfing every bit of her. She loves Donghae but she couldn't let anything bad happen to her father. She felt so selfish, so shameful, so helpless for not being able to do anything. She pitied herself and she hated herself for that. Why was she so weak? Why was she so powerless? Why couldn't she say anything?

"I'm sorry Donghae..." she whispered, "I'm sorry for letting go..." 

____________________________________________

Donghae stared at the ceiling with wide eyes. He blinked a few times before he roughly turned to his side to reach out for his phone resting on th bedside drawer. 

6:58 AM

"Come on!!!" Donghae groaned, scrunching his nose childishly. "Hurry up time!" 

Annoyingly, he placed his phone back on the drawer and once again focused his attention on the empty ceiling. Images of the night before repeated in his thoughts making him smile foolishly. He could vividly see the image of Dara's smile, her bright eyes and her beautiful face. Unable to wait any longer, he sat up abruptly on his bed and grabbed his phone once again. 

This time he held his phone so tight his knuckles were starting to turn pale. His brows furrowed, concentrating on the time displayed across the screen of his phone. 

6:59 AM

"Come on, come on!!!" he whined, pulling the phone closer to his face as if he was placing some kind of voodoo spell on it. 

7:00 AM

"Yesss!!!!" he screamed excitingly, jumping off his bed with some ninja skills. 

He managed to run for the bathroom, hurriedly do his business, quickly brush his teeth, roughly wash his face and swiftly chang his clothes within 5 minutes. Before another 2 minutes could pass, he found himself standing outside Dara's bedroom door. 

He was about to knock when he heard Dara speaking to somebody but there was no other voice. He figured maybe she was on the phone. Without putting much thought into it, Donghae knocked on the door eagerly. 

"Neh appa, take care I'll see you then." he heard Dara say before the door swung open slightly.

"Hi," Dara peeked through the small opening of the door and greeted him with a smile. Her head was tilted sideways like a child peeking through the curtains playing hide and seek. 

Donghae couldn't tell if he was hallucinating but for a second he thought he saw something in Dara's eyes but it quickly disappeared. Something that wasn't familiar to him yet it worried him. He brushed the thought away, thinking he was just overthinking things. 

"Hi." he greeted back shyly, scratching his arm as he stared bacl at her.

"What are you doing here so early wearing sports clothing?" Dara questioned cutely, fully opening the door revealing her whole body to Donghae.

She was wearing an oversized white t-shirt that almost hid the short shorts she was wearing underneath it. Her short yet slim legs exposed to the cold air and to his eyes. 

Donghae's eyes grew wide as he tried swallowing the big lump of air stuck behind his throat.

"W-why are you wearing that?" Donghae stuttered, pointing at her shamelessly. 

Dara bent down slightly and scanned herself from her toes up to her chest. Her brows were furrowed, obviously puzzled and oblivious to what Donghae was referring to. 

"Wearing what?" Dara asked, completely confused. "And you didn't answer my question Donghae! Why are you here wearing that?" Dara pointed at him this time, as if pushing the accusation towards him. 

Donghae gasped exaggeratedly, baffled at Dara's inattentive behaviour towards her choice of clothing.

"Me?!!! I'm not the one exposing my soul to the world! Who wears shorts that short?" he complained, pointing at her legs once again. This time he found himself staring at them longer than he intended to and when he realised this, he felt his cheeks redden as he naively looked away. 

"What you've never seen legs before?" Dara stated matter of factly, as if it was the most normal thing for her to expose her legs to the world.

"Excuse me! I've worked with models and actresses before and in fact I see their legs all the time!" he remarked, trying to defend his pride as a man. 

Dara's eyes widened with Donghae's answer. She wasn't surprised about the fact that he had seen more than should be exposed to him as an artist but it annoyed her how he annunced it so pompously. Suddenly an idea crossed her mind. She raised a brow while the corner of her lips curled up into a smirk.

"Well I bet you don't see much of this!" Dara chuckled, staring at Donghae with heated eyes. 

Before Donghae could say anything in return, Dara grabbed the hem of her shirt and pulled it up recklessly over her head. Donghae's eyes widened with shock and reflexively he covered his eyes but either purposely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter