The Hidden Truth

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Dara slowly opened one eye, her eyelids were heavy with tiredness. She waited a few seconds before trying again for the second time. She raised her eyebrows to support her heavy eyelids. She then only realised how dark the room was.

(Dara) Where am I?

She furiously shook her head trying to wake herself up from this nightmare. She had always been scared of teh dark ever since she was kidnapped when she was still a little girl. The memory made her feel sick and lightheaded. All her memories were coming back again and she hated that. She tried so many tiems to froget that night. Even with Myungsoo it didn't work. Her vision began to blur as her eyes watered with her tears. 

Dara tried to support her head with her hand but it wouldn't budge. Her hand was stuck in something and she couldn't tell what it was. She tried standing up but it was useless. Her feet were stuck too. She shuffled around trying to break free from whatever was grabbing her hands and feet. The creaking sound made her realise she was lying on a bed. Her hands and feet were tied to the railings. 

Her heart began beating fast again. Sometime soon her fragile heart might finally give up on her.

(Dara) It's...ha..happening again.....

=Flashback=

Dara was sitting blankly on a swing. She kept on walking without thinking until her feet led her to the old park she used to go to. It was the park where some of her happiest memories were made. If only she knew earlier that those memories would cause her heartbreaks, she would never had created them. 

Why the hell was she so stupid when it comes to love she thought. Why the hell is cupid picking on her. Of all people why does she always fall for someone who doesn't love her back. Why her? Why? 

Dara lifted her head as the wind whipped past her face. She felt relaxed for a second there as she tried forgetting her problems. It was as if the wind was telling her that everything would be alright.

She opened her eyes and stared at the starless sky. She reached out her hand then closed it to make a fist. It was a habit of Dara's to pretend to grab stars from the sky whenever she felt helpless. That shining star would always make her feel stronger. But tonight, the sky was dark and lifeless.

(Dara) The stars ran out already Santokki. You've been taking too much of it.

She smiled to herself when she realised how stupid she looked. Did she always look like that she thought? Was she really that weak and dumb to pretend everything was alright when it wasn't. Gosh goodness knows she felt so low. She felt like even her own heart was shoving the fact that she's helpless right to her face.

After a few minutes Dara realised it was already too late. She lifted her sleeve up to check the time. 

11:30PM

Wow she had been out late often recently. Only then she realised that the jacket she was wearing was Myungsoo's. It was unsurprisingly warm. It felt like Myungsoo was really there to calm her and assure her that everything would be alright. If only she hadn't noticed Donghae, her feelings might have developed for Myungsoo. That would mean that Jiyeon would be unhappy. Eitherway one will be left heartbroken. Why does it have to turn out that way? 

Dara started walking again after deciding to finally go to Bom's house. She had no other place to go. Chaerin and Minzi's houses were too far. 

"I'll believe whatever you say Dara, you just have to say it" 

Donghae's voice suddenly echoed in her head. She felt a light stinging in her chest. She thought why did he have to say that?Why? He shouldn't! It would give her the wrong idea. She almost told him everything when he said that.

What did he want her to say? Oh It was Jiyeon's fault. She poured wine on me on purpose. She was jealous that you're brother was madly in love with me. Then she told me how much she wanted me to regret it. Oh yes Donghae it's true now save me...

The answer to that was a big no. Dara wasn't the type to rat on anyone, especially to people she considered as a friend. No matter how much pain it costed her. She was the type to just let it go. Maybe it was because she was afraid to lose her friends. Maybe she was that greedy. Maybe she was that kind. People don't even know the answer to that question but what is true is, Dara is a special girl. 

"Ms. Sandara Park?" a deep voice called out. Dara couldn't tell why but she felt a shiver run down her spine. The voice was so deep it was almost familiar. It reminded her of that night, that one night she didn't want to remeber. The night she got kidnapped. 

Dara was afraid but she couldn't help but turned around to face the tall, wide figures of two men. Next thing she knew, she was in that room.

=End of Flashback=

Jiyeon's POV

I was forced to open my eyes by the bright light entering through the small gap between the curtains. I looked at the clock and I was surprise to see it was 11AM. Morning already? That was probably the shortest night of my life. I kicked the blanket off me and slowly sat up. 

Ah sh*t my head. I hate hangovers. Alcohol has no affect on me when I'm rinking it, but as soon as I fall asleep even for a minute then wake up? There goes that banging headache. Though it's painful, nothing can compare to the pain I'm feeling in my chest right now. 

Nope! I won't let my morning get ruined by that today. I jumped off the bed and slightly brushed my hair before I opened the door to leave. My throat is so dry it hurts. I don't think I can even swallow. I need water!!! 

As soon as I saw the kitchen door, I hurried inside and quiekly grabbed a glass of water. Ahhhh water tastes so good when you need it I smiled. Today is surprisingly brighter. I guess after seeing Illwoon yesterday really hit the spot. I'm so lucky to have a friend like him!

Author's POV

Jiyeon held the glass of water close to her chest as she walked out of the kitchen. She looked around teh house reminiscing about the times she spent with Myungsoo and Donghae. If only it stayed that way, everything would have been perfect. 

"Ahhhhhh!" Jiyeon suddenly heard a really loud scream followed by numerous banging sounds. She was really startled that she poured some of the water on her silk night gown.  

(Jiyeon) Was that...Myungsoo? What's going on?...

Jiyeon quickly ran towards the noise without thinking twice. When it comes to Myungsoo, she didn't care how stupid it would be to run to him and even knowing the fact that he would just push her away anyway. She would always be there for him no matter what. 

Jiyeon finally arrived in Mr. Yang's office breathless. The house seemed unusually big for a second there. It felt like she had been running for miles and miles. Why the hell was it so hard to reach Myungsoo she thought? 

Jiyeon observed the situation and from the look on the faces of the people in the room, something was awfully wrong. The furniture was in the wrong places. The sofa was upside down beside the door like someone kicked it. There were broken glass all over the floor, probably from the glass table that was no longer to be found.

Myungsoo was facing the wall with one hand against it. He used the other hand to cover his face. And from that hand, tears were dripping. He was breathing heavily as his shoulders moved up and down rapidly. Before Jiyeon could say anything, he punched the wall with such power that his hand almost broke through. 

(Jiyeon) Is he crying?... What is going on?...

Donghae was standing stiffly against the wall. He had both hands on his forehead, pushing his hair away from his face. His eyes were widened as he bit his bottom lip.

"What's going on?" Jiyeon asked as she moved her gaze from Myungsoo to Donghae. Donghae didn't bother to answer or to even look at her. He stayed still quietly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter