Lost in freedom

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Not edited. Sorry T_T*

Author's POV

"Hello son..."

=Flashback=

(A/N: Read Chapter 16's flashback to understand this more.)

"Taeyang!" Donghae watched as his mother struggled lifelessly while two guards dragged her roughly. 

"Let go of omma!" seven year old Donghae screeched, pulling on the guard's leg in hopes of helping his mother but the man effortlessly kicked him away.

Donghae landed roughly on the cold hard ground, scraping his elbows yet he didn't cry. He stood up once again and tried helping his mother but once again he was pushed away mercilessly. 

"Donghae!" Donghae's mom cried, escaping their grips in order to wrap her arms around her child. She turned him around gently, inspecting every corner of his body with her tear stained eyes. "Are you okay?" 

"What's going on here?" A deep voice called out, making everybody turn towards the tall figure. 

"Sir these two are intruders." One of the guards announced, pointing alarming at Donghae's mother. 

"Jihyo?" the man's eyes widened, his skin turned pale as Donghae watched his mother walk towards him. "What are you doing here?"

Instead of an answer, his mother waved her hands, ushering Donghae towards her. Donghae ran suspiciously in front of his mother, trying to protect her from the unknown man. He eyed the tall man that stood superiorly in front of him. His dark navy blazer and slacks, and the smell of his expensive perfume emphasised his power. Even at such a young age, Donghae could see the difference between their positions. 

"He's your son Taeyang." his mother whispered, gently pushing Donghae towards his supposed father.

His father remained quiet, not even sparing a quick glance at Donghae. 

"Take them away." he ordered plainly before he turned around to walk away. 

"Taeyang! Wait! Let go of me!" she pleaded, her tears frozen in the corner of her eyes from the shock.

Did he really just let them go that easily? 

"He's your son Taeyang!" she screamed, worried about how the other guard roughly carried him in his arms as if he wasn't a child, as if he was an animal.

"What about me? Don't you care about me? About us?" she cried out, hoping that he would atleast acknowledge them.

All this time, the only thing Donghae could do was fight back pointlessly and he hated himself for that. He hated the fact that he couldn't do anything to fight for his mother. 

The man turned around and faced them. For a second Donghae thought he would do something, he hoped that he would do something to help them. 

"I never cared about you, not even for a second." the words came out of his mouth so easily his heart shattered into pieces. 

Not because his father had thrown them away, but because he was so heartless to say something like that to his mother.

"Take them away." he ordered once again. 

Everything turned quiet as his eyes stared at his mother's figure. Her face stained with tears, her heart stained with pain and her words stained with grief. His gaze then returned to his father. His figure not even showing any signs of concern, atleast signs of humanity but instead he threw them away like they were a piece of trash. He threw them away like they were nothing to him. He threw him away like he wasn't his son.

=End of Flashback=

Donghae's eyes scanned the body of the man standing in front of him. His face was familiar but it looked older, more tired but mostly more cold. 

"What are you doing here?" Donghae muttered, almost sounding like a low growl. 

"Is that how you treat your father?" Instead of being offended, his father only smiled at him menacingly.

Donghae's brows furrowed furiously as he eyed the figure. His dark suit only complimented his dark nature and the way he stood superiorly in front of Donghae, declared his social status and power. Donghae loathed the fact that he had his father's eyes, eyes that looked down at the world, as if it owns it.  

"I lost my father the day he threw his family away." he answered forcefully.

"Don't act as if I've done nothing for you." he replied Donghae with the same force, as if he was mocking him. 

Donghae took a few steps forward until he reached his father's side, towering over him who years back was taller than him. Years of not seeing his father made him realise how much he hated the man standing in front of him. 

"I don't owe you anything." Donghae's expression was unreadable as he walked away but his father could hear the hesitation in his voice.

Even under all that hate, Donghae wasn't capable of truly despising someone, his father knew that. He was his mother's son after all. 

"Maybe you don't," he announced simply, "but thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter