Confession

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Donghae's body ached everywhere. His vision was still unclear, all he could see was darkness and Dara's unconcious body. He reached out his hand and managed to grab Dara's ankle. He expected her skin to be cold, but her touch felt warm in his hands. He lifted his head, trying to see Dara's face. Maybe atleast if he saw her face one last time, his life would be worth it.

"Donghae..." 

Her sweet voice echoed in his ears. He watched her intently, her hair flowing elegantly as she flashed him a smile. He couldn't help but smile back at her angelic face. Slowly her expression darkened and Donghae couldn't tell why. She broke her stare to look at something behind Donghae. She looked back at him again this time her tears were flowing rapidly. She was saying something, almost screaming but Donghae couldn't hear it. Dammit! How much did he wish to hear her voice again. Dara looked back at the figure behind Donghae again as she struggled in Jongun's arms. 

Donghae slowly turned around. His eyes widened after seeing a man's grinning face as he pointed a gun at him.

*Bang*

His life flashed before his eyes as the sound echoed in the room. Her images once again made him smile as his vision passed through his memories with her. His body suddenly felt warm as if he was in a tight embrace. 

Donghae slowly opened his eyes. Long brown hair covered most of his face. A feminine scent filled his nose for a second but it quickly changed to a rusty metal smell. His hand felt wet and warm and his body was felt like it was carrying an extra weight. Even with his aching neck feeling the weight of his head, he managed to turn it. Only then he realised what happened.... 

"Dara?..."

She turned her head to face his. Their lips only an inch away from each other. 

"No...no it can't be.." He quickly sat up and carried her in his arms. He lifted his hand, he was trembling as he saw it covered with blood. 

When Dara managed to escape from Jongun's arms, she quickly knelt down and covered Donghae from the bullet. Her timing was perfect, she was grateful for that. 

"No Dara.." Donghae's tears were flowing down his bruised cheeks. His voice was deep and trembling as he sobbed between each word. His hand left marks of Dara's blood on her pale face as he caressed them. 

"!" Jongun yelled as he noticed the police entering the building. He looked back to see Dara's blood stained figure in Donghae's arms. He quickly dropped his guns and raised both arms. He already knew he was defeated. Not because the police were already there, but because Dara was shot. He was taken by her and he couldn't deny it. He knew he didn't deserve her. 

With all the commotion, Donghae remained focused on Dara. She was bleeding badly and he didn't know what to do.

"Help!!" he yelled, his tears continued to fall and his arms were trembling as he held her close to him. 

"Dara...Talk to me!" he held her face in his hand, gently removing her hair away from her face. He stared directly into her eyes. Her eyes remained soft and longing as she inspected every corner of his face. 

Myungsoo came running in with Jiyeon and Illwoon. As soon as they found Dara's bleeding body, their hearts sank. Jiyeon covered with both of her hands, her tears began to fall continuously.

Illwoon pulled Jiyeon in his arms, gently rubbing her arm. Myungsoo stood still in his spot. His eyes watered but his expression remained unchanged as he stared at her, watching her, hoping she'd move. 

"Hi.." she moved her gaze back into his eyes after memorizing the figures of his face. She didn't need to but she wanted to keep his face in her heart forever. 

"Hi.." he smiled back, his heart feeling slightly calmed with the one he loves in front of his eyes. "You'll get through this. Promise me you will" he leaned closer, removing her tears with his thumb.

"I'm afraid I can't promise that Donghae." she reached out her hand and placed it on his face. Donghae moved his head closer to her hand and held it tightly as if he was trying to glue it on his face. He wanted to stay with her forver. Why the hell did this have to happen for him to realise how much he wanted to stay with her? Was he that stupid or ignorant to refuse the fact that he loves her. Or was it because like his mothers, was he afraid to lose someone he loves?

"Don't say that!" his tears falling on her cheeks. Each drop felt so warm, she felt so happy. His embrace felt so light, she wanted to remain in his arms forever. If only it wasn't this way, if only she didn't get shot. She began to regret the times she thought bad of him. Those days he used to , she hated him so badly. If only she realised it sooner. If only she told him earlier, told him she loves him. 

"I've always wanted to tell you this thing I've been hiding." she smiled, caressing his face with her hand. Her thumb removing each tear that fell from his eyes. She couldn't bare seeing him cry. It broke her heart into pieces. 

"You can tell me when you get through this." He wanted Dara to stay with him, he wanted her to get through this. He hated this feeling, it felt like she was saying goodbye. He hated it. Donghae's tears kept flowing. His nose and cheeks were red, his eyes were puffy with tears. His bruises were nothing compared to the pain he was f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter