First meeting

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sorry not edited T_T*

Author's POV

Donghae tightened his grip around her hand, tugging on it slightly to catch her attention.

"What?" Dara turned her head to face the man driving beside her, smiling brightly as her eyes lingered on his face.

"Nothing." He answered innocently, smiling shyly while his eyes remained glued on the road. 

Dara shook her head playfully as she looked out the window, watching as each car passed them by. Each car drove by, their lights reflecting in her eyes. 

Donghae tugged on her hand once again, this time a tad harder before carressing her palm with his thumb.

"Stop it Donghae" Dara whined, tugging on his hand too as if trying to get revenge.

"Stop what?" He whined, imitating Dara's complaints.

"Stop tugging on my hand and I don't sound like that!" she defended, turning her head once again to face the road. 

Before a second could pass, Donghae tugged on her hand once again.

"Oh my gosh Donghae I said stop it!" Dara giggled, forcefully removing her hand from his grip before pinching his arm playfully.

"Ouch!" he groaned, pouting childishly as he faked a sob.

"I'm sorry." Dara rubbed onto the area where she pinched him, hoping to lessen the pain. "It's your fault for annoying me!" 

"Still! No need for violence." he defended as he let Dara baby his arm.

"I'm just happy..." Donghae smiled, turning his head for a second to catch a glimpse of her face.

"Just by staying like this..." he grabbed her hand and interlaced his fingers with hers. "Just holding your hand like this, it makes me happy." 

Hearing him say those words, Dara couldn't help but giggle at his cheesiness. 

"Me too." she whispered, tightening her grip around his hand.

The car finally came to a halt as they reached the gate of Donghae's house. The huge gate opened automatically, revealing the huge mansion of the Kim family. As Dara took a step out of the car, she felt the cold wind slap against her skin, making her feel slightly sick in her stomach. 

"Are you okay Dara?" Donghae questioned, noticing the sudden change in Dara's expression. 

Dara couldn't understand why but something felt wrong, really wrong yet she didn't know what it was. A shiver ran down her spine as she felt someone stare at her from afar. She warily looked around the front garden yet she could see nothing but the regular flowers and garden lights. 

"Y-yeah.... I'm fine." Dara reassured him, shaking the vague thoughts away. "It's just cold."

"Let's quickly get in then." Donghae wrapped his arm around her shoulders and gently guided her towards the entrance.

For some reason, the door swung open with an unsual shriek giving Dara goosebumps on her arms. 

"Whoa, these hinges needs oil." Donghae chuckled playfully as he removed his blazer before throwing it over his shoulders. "Dara are you hungry?" 

Donghae looked over at Dara and noticed how she looked troubled. Her eyes looked empty as if thoughts were battling in her mind while she stood stiffly in spot. Her hands were shaking yet she tried her best to hide it by making a fist. It was as if she was on the verge of falling on her knees.

"Dara?..." Donghae tried once again but her thoughts remained far away. 

As if the last resort, Donghae placed both of his hands on her cheeks and lifted her head up to face him. He called her name once again, this time more gently and more calming until he could see her eyes stare back at him. 

"Dara are you okay?" he asked worrriedly, caressing her skin with his thumb. "You look troubled."

"Yeah.." Dara let out a big sigh, feeling the warmth slowly spread once again as his skin touched hers. "I'm probably just tired."

"Are you sure?" he moved his hands and placed them gently on her shoulders, trying to calm her down.

"Yeah. I've had a long day." she forced a smile as she massaged her aching temples. 

"Okay I'll bring you to your room then. Are you sure you'll be okay?" Donghae asked once again, genuinely worried about Dara.

Instead of hearing an answer, Dara only nodded at his question. 

"Okay good night then." Donghae muttered before forcing himself to walk away, slightly disappointed. He wanted Dara to call him back. To tell him to stay. To tell him that she needed him but he heard nothing but her faint breathing. 

"Aishhh Dara!" Donghae gritted his teeth, unable to force himself to walk away. Instead he walked back towards Dara and pulled her tightly into his arms. 

"Donghae what are you...?" she mumbled, using Donghae's chest to try escape his arms but her arms felt way too weak to even make a difference. 

"Just shhh Dara." he whispered, pulling her head back onto his chest. When she finally calmed down a bit, he used his fingers to comb her long, soft hair. "Whatever it is that's bugging you, forget about it." 

Dara stayed still, listening to his soothing voice. She could hear his heartbeat right next to her ears. She could feel the warmth of his body on hers. It was as if all the worry, all the fear, all the vague thoughts suddenly disappear. Like nothing ever happened. 

"Whatever it is that you're scared of..." he continued, pulling her even closer to him. "I'll protect you from it."

He gently pushed her away only to look into her deep, brown eyes. 

"You'll always have me Dara." he whispered as he pulled her closer to place a kiss on her forehead. 

Dara slowly closed her eyes as she felt his soft lips land on her face. It was as if she regained all of her strength. As they both pulled away, their eyes met once again and it felt as if everything was going to be alright. They didn't want to let go, but they knew they had to. 

"Good night." Donghae smiled shyly as he began walking away backwards, his eyes still gazing into hers. 

"Good night." Dara waved shyly, feeling her cheeks warm up with both embarrassment and happiness. 

Dara closed the door behind her, her back leaning on the wooden frame as she stared at the ceiling. She reached up her hand and touched her forehead. She then moved it until it grazed her pink lips. She could still feel his lips linger on hers. She could still smell teh scent of his perfume. She could still hear the sound of his breathing. 

Unable to stop her giddiness, she dove into her bed and buried her face into her pillows. She screamed her lungs out before she began kicking and punching around, making all of her stuffed toys fall on the ground. When she could no longer breath, she rolled onto her back and faced the ceiling. She picked up one of the stuffed toys, it was the penguin one that Donghae got for her when she was in the hospital. She sat up on the bed and looked at the other toys scattered on her floor. All of them came from Donghae, smiling at her like Donghae, looking at her Donghae, annoying her like Donghae. Everything just reminded her of Donghae. Even the wooden floors reminded her of Donghae. She lied back down on the bed, staring at the empty ceiling once again.

Just as her eyes were about to close, before she could fall into her slumber, a knock on her door interrupted her thoughts. She lifted her head lazily to look at the time. 

1:30AM

"Donghae's still awake?" she whined pretending to be annoyed. A second later she quickly laughed at herself for her foolish acting.

"Go to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter