Everything was a Blur

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

"Nice to see you again Dara." he reached out his hand as he smiled warmly. 

At that moment her world fell apart. She could feel her heart beat crazily and her breathing became even more unsteady. It was like she was back to that place she wanted to escape so much. In one second everything came running back. All the pain, the anger, the happiness. Everything was a blur except her memories, as if nothing ever happened. She was back in that same spot, watching him hold another girl in his arms. 

"You know each other Director Kwon?" Donghae questioned, his eyes widened with disbelief. 

"A tiny bit too much." he chuckled innocently, without removing his gaze from Dara.

It was like Donghae had disappered and it was only Jiyong and Dara left, alone. A tiny bit too much? She hated it so much. Why was he making her feel this way? Why did he still have an effect on her? Didn't she get over him? It was him that broke her heart, but how come she couldn't bring herself to kill him, hurt him back. 

"Oh. No need for introductions then." Donghae replied, bewildered. He felt slightly jealous after hearing Jiyong's response. Even though Donghae was a man, he knew Jiyong was attractive and he couldn't deny that fact. 

"Director Kwon, I need your advice about the set" a man interrupted, tapping Jiyong on his shoulder.

"Of course. Excuse me Donghae.." he nodded, "Dara" he bowed slightly before he walked away. 

Dara watched his back as he walked away, it was like he was dragging her with him and she hated it. She wanted to run after him, not knowing if it was because she wanted to slap him across the face or to tell him she missed him. 

"Dara are you okay?" Donghae mumured, his eyes filled with concern as he finally noticed Dara's internal tantrum. He could see a tear glittering in the corner of her eyes while her hands were curled up to a fist. 

"I'm fine." she cleared before she smiled at him weakly. 

Her smile quickly faded away when her thoughts began filling up with Donghae's face. She hated that day so much, that day Jiyong broke her heart but, if that didn't happen. Would she have met Donghae? Would she have known him? Would she have fallen for him? Was one heartache all worth one more chance in love? Yes. Donghae was all worth it. Even with a thousand heartbreaks, she could never replace Donghae in her heart. She had fallen way too deep but she liked that. 

"Dara are you sure you're okay?" A deep voice interrupted your thoughts. Her eyes immediately widened when you realized what you were doing. 

Her hand was touching his face tenderly, feeling the warmth of his cheeks as he blushed crazily. Her other hand was on his shoulder, supporting her weight as you tiptoed, trying to meet his height. Her face was only a few centimeters away from him, slightly tilted as if she was about to kiss him. 

She quickly jumped back, hiding her stubborn hands behind her back before she starts groping something with it. She blushed madly but so did he. Was she really about to do that? She couldn't believe she'd lose her control so easily like that. 

"I-I'm fine. I-I thought I saw a b-bug on your face." she lied, desperately searching for an excuse for her embarrassing behaviour.

She wanted to turn into air and disappear as she noticed the eyes lingering on her body. Everybody was staring at the sweet couple who obviously were too in love to avoid a little PDA (in case you didn't know, PDA means public display of abnormality affection.) 

"T-thanks for getting r-rid of it." Donghae could almost slap his own face with his stupid answer. There was obviously no bug on his face but he was too in love at the moment to care. 

That was it, he didn't know why but he wanted to confess to her then and there. No more excuses, no more escaping, it was time to confess. He didn't care if it wasn't sweet or planned, he just wanted to mark her his. Keep her in his arms. 

"Sureeeeeee..... a bug. Go get ready bugface." Manager Song teased, interrupting the couple's secret flirtations. He wanted to  flick both of their foreheads, too annoyed with the slow pokes. Why couldn't Donghae drag her along the aisle already. That kid had always been an idiot, he thought. 

"Yeah I should go get ready." he scratched the back of his head as he bit his lower lip. Dara was staring at him, when he stared back she quickly looked away. 

"You lift your leg then place it in front of you. You do the same with the other leg. That's how going-to-get ready happens." Manager Song teased once more. He was honestly having a lot of fun ever since he noticed Dara and Donghae's secret and he wasn't willing to let that end. 

"I know I'm going." Donghae smiled abnormally, oblivious of the fact that Manager Song was trying to tease and annoy them.

He looked at Dara one last time before he managed to force himself to walk away. He knew better than to confess so quickly. Dara was a special girl therefore the confession should be special too. She was his first love after all, everything needed to be perfect.

"Good bye!" Manager Song waved, shooing the stubborn Donghae away.

"Now.." he continued, turning around to face that tomato Dara. "You should be called Tomato-Dara instead of Santokki you know." he chuckled, giving himself another point but who was counting? Only him ofcourse.

"How did you know about that?" Dara asked, her eyes wide open as she finally landed on the real world.

"Donghae talks about you sometimes, more like all the time." he announced, his ears were already waiting for what Dara would say about that. 

"Donghae talks about me?" she giggled abnormally, obviously too happy about the fact that Donghae talks about her. All worries already disappeared and all she could think about was Donghae, Donghae, Donghae. 

"Omg he talks about me!" Manager Song waved his hands beside him, pretending they were wings as he twirled around in circles imitating Dara's reaction, obviously he was exaggerating. "Aigoo this girl. Stop being so stubborn and tell him already!" 

"Tell who what?" fluttering her eyelashes, she smiled at him innocently. Even if she was the honest type or person, she wasn't about to confess everything to Manager Song! Are you crazy? With his big mouth, the whole world will know the next day.

Firstly because she didn't know Manager Song knew about it, secondly she was too stupid to realize he knew and thirdly only her and Donghae were too thick to realize they were obvious. If they were acting in a movie, they wouldn't win a grammy award.

"Don't give me that look sweetie, you know exactly who I am talking about." he reached out his hand and patted Dara's head gently.

He gave her a warm smile but that smile quickly faded away, replaced by the creepiest of the creepiest smile. He leaned in closer to her ears and she instantly froze.

"Now, how is Director Kwon related to you and how come when you saw his face you turned constipated." he joked, unaware of the depth of the pain that question would bring Dara. She began trembling and Manager Song didn't know what to do. He didn't realise either that the cause was his idiotic and nosy question. 

"He..He.. He was my ex." she announced honestly, her eyes filled with regret, anger and pain.

Manager Song could immediately tell that whatever they had was a nightmare for her from the look on her eyes. He felt sorry for her and angry at Director Kwon though he didn't know what happened. He was so sure that Dara had suffered. All this time he wanted to protect her but he already failed even before he started. 

"Dara if you don't want to tell me what happened, I'm okay with that." he held her hand in his tightly, reassuringly, hoping he could get the message across. He wanted Dara to feel protected and loved, he wanted to prove to her that he could protect her like an older brother. He slowly dragged Dara to a more quiet and empty room, encouraging Dara to share. 

"I want to tell you Manager Song. I trust you." she was grateful for him, for all the support he provided without asking anything in return. She had always treated Manager Song as the annoying older brother of hers, she accepted him  that much. 

"The day I met Donghae was the day I found out that..." she whispered, holding back a sob as her memories flashed in her mind. It was so vivid and clear like it just happened yesterday. No matter how much she tried to forget, it was stuck to her like glue. It was a curse, a punishment for all her mistakes. "..that J-Jiyong, I mean Director Kwon was cheating on me." 

Did he hear correctly or were his ears playing with him? Did Dara just say she was cheated on? How blind could that guy be? Dara was perfect, kind, gentle-hearted, talented and definiitely beautiful. How could a guy let go of such an amazing girl? Did he hit his head as a child? His hands curled up to a fist, his feet were positioned to attack. He hated Jiyong so much for hurting his little sister.

"It's okay Manager Song, I already punched him on the face with his metal helmet." she giggled weakly as she stared up at him with big round eyes.

He felt his heart soften and melt at the touch of her gaze on his skin. Such an innocent lady, broken and hurt because of some dumb guy. He couldn't bare see her like that. 

"I've known him my whole life, our parents are close friends. Ever since I was born our mothers had already planned our wedding even though I couldn't even hold my bottle yet." she giggled, reminiscing about the times she overheard their mothers laughing wholeheartedly, talking about their future grandchildren. 

"As a child I only saw him as my older brother. He always played with me, bullied me most of the time but he took care of me and even yell at the other kids who used to laugh at my height. When my mother passed away and when I was kidnapped, it was him who helped me get over all of that. He was there for me, he took care of me." her smile was warm and gentle as she thought of those happy and innocent days where life was full of laughter and games. If only she knew those days would end so quickly. 

"As I got older, I started to notice Jiyong in a more different light. All the girls in our school had a crush on him and that includes me. Eventually I found out I actually liked him and he knew it too since I told my mom and she told his mom and the next day the whole village knew. Since then he started treating me differently. He became more gentle and more caring, he was treating me like a girl. On our last year on high school, the night of our graduation, he confessed to me. I had my first kiss that night. I was so happy Manager Song." she cried out. She hated herself for believing him on that day, if only she knew. 

"We kept the relationship a secret because we both know our parents would force us to get married the day they find out, but we had our own dreams. Jiyong wanted to be a Director and I wanted to be the one to support him. I guess you wouldn't really call it a dream huh?" she paused, noticing how stupid she had been all her life. All her life, all she did was do this for Jiyong, do that, go here, go there. She wasn't part of her dreams, it was all about him, her life was all about Jiyong. 

"His parents loathed the idea of him being a director. They wanted him to be a lawyer. One day Jiyong came to our house somewhere in the middle of the night. I had a panic attack trying to sneak him into my room. He asked me to elope with him, of course I thought he was just joking around but he was serious. Being the dumb me, I followed him. All the way to Seoul, I followed. Leaving my father alone with a note that I'd write a letter to him every week." she became more breathless as the story slowly progressed to that day, the day she loathed.

"I worked 3 jobs Manager Song to help him pay for his tuition, our food, the apartment. I did everything to make him happy. I became his slave, nothing else. I heard it from his own mouth that afternoon I saw him with another girl. I was nothing." the tears flowed continuously from her eyes, staining her pink cheeks with the pain and suffering she endure all these years. 

"He said I was nothing, after all I did." she sobbed, breaking down unintentionally in front of Manager Song. Why was she so weak? She promised she wouldn't cry anymore then why? Was she really nothing? 

"Dara shhh. It's okay." he held her in his arms, her whole body trembling against his. He her hair as he rested his chin on her head softly, trying to ease her pain.  

"Dara you're a lot to me, to Donghae. You're not nothing, you are everything." he assured her, whispereing sweet words into her ears. "You're beautiful, smart, funny, kind, welcoming, accepting, gentle, caring, talented, the list is endless Dara. Don't you ever for a second think that you're nothing." he held her tighter, his heart broken into pieces as he listened to her crying. He hated the fact that she'd hurt for a reason that wasn't true. It was a big lie. 

"Thank you." she managed to say as she buried her face into his chest. His warmth made her feel protected, she was grateful for him. She thanked God that she met such a kind gentleman, a man specially made for her to be her older brother. A man to be there for her, take care for her. 

(Dara) Would I ever have met you if that day didn't happen?

She wondered if she would have been in his arms at the moment if that didn't happen. Would she have met all these wonderful people? Myungsoo? Jiyeon? Mr. Yang? Donghae? Would she have met the answer to her wishes? Would she have met Donghae, fallen for him? Would she have been given the chance to talk to him, stay beside him, laugh with him, spend time with him, love him if that didn't happen? Was one heartache all worth for Donghae?

(Dara) Yes... I love him.

She only realised then how everything seemed planned. She had her heart broken only to be healed by someone who was perfect for her. She loves with all of her heart. She fell into that deep hole that there was no way of getting out, but she liked that. She loved every single thing that had happened. He was more than worth it. She could get through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter