Three Words

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Dara felt the earth moving rapidly. She could hear the whooshing of wind, slapping past her bare face. Loud horn noises made her open her eyes instantly. At first everything was a blur, as if she was in a dream. Then slowly her vision became clearer, giving her a proper view of what was happening. 

She was in a car that was moving way too quickly. She couldn't even recognise the numerous cars that passed them one after the other. That loud horn sound was still there, almost breaking her eardrums into pieces. Then she could hear a voice, it was faint and she couldn't understand who and where it was coming from.

She turned her head, welcomed by the face of a worried man. She felt her cheeks warm up as she smiled at the figure she couldn't even recognise. She knew he was someone important to her, someone she loved, someone that made her world brighter. 

"Donghae?" she murmured, her voice barely a whisper as she said his name without thinking. 

"Yes it's me. Are you feeling alright?" Donghae yelled, his voice showing his panic as he pressed on the horn once again, making Dara flinch at the sound. 

"Where are we going?" she managed to say, slowly becoming aware of that stinging pain on her back.

"To the hospital. The paramedic already patched up your wound. He said you'll be alright but you should go to the hospital just to be sure." his voice more calm this time but it quickly faded away. He gritted his teeth and his expression darkened. "That ." He was furious, furious at himself for not being there to help her and furious at the guy who caused her all this pain. 

"Donghae let's go back. I feel fine." she lied, the pain was becoming worse but for her it was still bearable or atleast she convinced herself that it was bearable. 

The hospital brought back too much memories she wanted to forget. She could still remember her mother on that bed, a white sheet covering her face. Her father was crying and as a child she didn't know why. She thought her mother was just asleep yet she never woke up the next morning. 

"You're fine? Look at your bloody shirt!" he exclaimed, his voice was more louder and firm making Dara flinch with shock. He couldn't control his anger for a second.

She had never seen him act that way. He was trembling badly while his forehead was dripping with sweat. His brows almost met to a unibrow as he bit his bottom lip painfully. Dara couldn't tell if he was angry or worried but either way she believed that it was her fault.

"It's already patched up like you said. I'll be fine, I just lost balance for a while." she lied one more time, trying to assure Donghae that she was indeed feeling fine but Donghae knew Dara more than she knew herself. 

"No we're going to the hospital." he cleared his throat, trying to sound more calm.

No matter how much Dara pleaded, he knew he shouldn't be swayed by her lies. He could tell that she was in pain and he could tell that it wasn't only because of her wound.

Manager Song had told him everything. He heard everything he shouldn't and he did everything he shouldn't have. He shouldn't have just stood there and watched her cry. He shouldn't have let it reach to the point that Dara was hurt. He should have walked in, he should've punched that 's face. He could have done something then why didn't he?

"Donghae look out!" Dara yelled, her eyes widened as she noticed Donghae almost hit the car in front of them. He was driving way too fast that he didn't notice that the car in front of them had slowed down. Fortunately Donghae managed to step on the brakes before his car could touch the other's trunk. 

"!" he yelled, smacking the wheel in front of him. There were too many things going on in his head and he just couldn't calm down.

He was angry, angry at himself for not even knowing what he really wanted to do. Was he hurrying to the hospital to save her or was he doing it for himself? Was he just using it as an excuse to get Dara as far away from Jiyong as possible? He could still feel his blood boil as he remembered everything that happened. How he told her he loved her and how she looked confused. Was she not over him? Did she still love him? He was jealous and he hated himself for that. 

"Are you okay?" he turned his head to meet her shocked gaze.

She looked surprised and scared while she stared deep into his eyes. She was speechless as she stretched her lips to a thin line. Her eyes were red as tears threatened to fall.

"I'm sorry." he whispered as he disconnected their gazes. He bowed his head until his forehead rested on the wheel. His tears were falling but the sweat covered it. 

The way she looked at him caught him off guard. It was the first time he had ever seen her so afraid and he hated the fact that he was the cause of it. He knew it then, she was scared of him. 

He took a deep breath before he started driving again. 

For a while they remained quiet, unaware of what they should say. They were both feeling uneasy as they sat stiffly in the cramp car. 

"Just bring us back to the set." Dara murmured, forcing herself to keep looking at the window to avoid looking at him. 

She knew she was getting in the way of his plans again. They had already delayed his comeback for months because of her. She was dedicated to help Donghae, to be useful for once in her life. She didn't want to be a burden anymore even if it meant enduring the stinging pain in her back and heart.

"No." he replied simply, his voice was dull and lifeless. He was too angry at himself that it almost took the life out of him. He didn't have the energy to talk anymore, he was too scared. Afraid that he might lose control and hurt Dara once again. 

"Then stop the car." she mumbled, her tone more serious and demanding.

She needed to get out of that car because one, she needed to think and two, because she didn't want Donghae to see her like that. So weak, so helpless and such a burden. She wanted to believe that for once in her life she could take care of herself. 

"No." his voice and expression unchanged as he focused on the road in front of him. He didn't want to see her face, he couldn't take it. Seeing her so scared of him, he hated that. He was afraid that Dara may begin to fear him and eventually leave him. His heart wouldn't be able to take that. He loved her too much. If he loses her, he'd break.

"Fine." without warning, Dara unlocked the door and opened it slightly while the car was still moving.

She didn't know why or how she did it but she felt she needed to, because if she doesn't leave that car, she'd cry. She'd ask him to protect her, to get rid of the pain, to love her. It would be selfish of her to force him to do something so ridiculous, so weak. 

" Dara don't!" Donghae fumbled with the wheel a bit before he managed to stop the car at the side of the empty road. 

Before the car could fully stop, Dara swung the door open and stepped out. She felt the cold air whip past her face, freezing her skin until she felt numb. She knew she shouldn't but she liked that feeling. The feeling of emptiness and numbness, atleast then her aching heart could finally rest. 

"Dara wait!" he asked breathlessly as he watched her step out of the car and walk away without looking back. He clumsily took off his seat belt and grabbed the keys before he left the car hurriedly. He couldn't care less that the car was unlock at that point.

"Dara please wait." he pleaded as he caught up to her pace. He hesitated to grab her shoulder when he noticed that she was walking stiffly, her back was obviously aching. "Come on Dara let's go to the hospital. Look at you! You're in pain!" 

He kept walking behind her, hoping that she'd turn around to face him but something in him didn't want that to happen. He was still scared to see how she'd look at him. What if she was still scared? What if she hated him? What if she wanted to leave him? He knew he couldn't take it if that happen.

"Dara..." he tried again, his voice more softer, more hopeful.

"Just go back to the set Donghae. I'll take the cab back." she murmmured, finally responding to his pleading. Her voice was trembling as she held back a sob.

At that point her back was numb but her heart was aching. The sound of his voice hitting a certain point in her heart, making her feel more weak against the pain. She wanted to hug him, lean on him, tell him to stay with her and not leave. It was too selfish, too much of a burden, too weak.

"No. I'll take you to the hospital." he announced, his voice more firm as he took a deep breath. 

Absentmindedly, he grabbed Dara's hand wthout looking at her face before he pulled her with him gently. He needed to be stubborn, that was the only way to bring her to the hospital. If he needed to tie her, he would. 

"No!" she whispered lifelessly yet she removed his grip from her wrist forcefully. Without saying anything, she turned around and began walking away again. 

"Aish Dara!" he ruffled his hair with frustration, catching up to her fast pace.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter