Family Out p1

Athletes And Luv

"Wake up." A soft voice murmured. Aiden scowled and rolled onto his belly. 

"Wake up..." Krystal planted a slap onto his back. 

Aiden yelped in pain and sat up quickly, looking for the perpetrator. His eyes were squinting as he took in the daylight. "Agh." 

"Get ready." Krystal gets off the bed and heads to the bathroom. You could hear her humming in the background. She was excited. 

Aiden grimaces and lays down again. He spots his daughter and pulls closer to her. He tucks her hair and pulls the covers up over her torso. His daughter was still sleeping. Possibly dreaming of a unicorn and living as a princess.

He began to doze off before he felt a pair of hands pulling his wrists. Krystal pulled his wrists and forced him to sit up. "You promised Soojin that we would go fishing."

Aiden groaned. "She's too young to understand fishing. She won't remember it either."

Krystal pouted. "I want to go too." 

"We can, but later." He tries to lay down but Krystal prevents him. 

"It's good to go out in the morning. Plus we can make sushi out of the fish we catch." Krystal attempts to convince Aiden. Food. Food alwayd works.

"Sushi?" Aiden perks up. Krystal emits a small giggle. How cute. Aiden combs over his hair with his fingers. "I want sushi."

Krystal laughs. Who was the real child? Aiden or Soojin. "Okay, then get up. We need to head out early before the tide kicks in."

"Speaking of early. What time is it?" Aiden manuvers to the clock. He gapes at the time. "It's already 7 am. Isn't the tide in?"

"Probably. Go take a shower and get ready. I'll wake Soojinie." Krystal pushes him off the bed. 

"All right." He stands up and stretches. He heads to the bathroom, but halts. He returns to Krystal peck her lightly on the lips before going to the bathroom. "Morning."

Krystal smiles and approaches her daughter. She kisses her cheeks and whispers. "Soojin Soojin. Liu Soojin." 

Her daughter's eyes flicker under the eyelids. 

Krystal repeats. "Soojin Soojin. Liu Soojin." She kisses her daughter's face and picks her up to her embrace.

Soojin's eyes flutter open and her large brown eyes fixate onto her mother. Her lips rise to a smile and she gives a gleeful morning hug. 

"Did our princess Soojinie sleep well?" Krystal says while fixing Soojin's hair. Her daughter gave a small nod. "Good." 

Soojin looks around. "Appa?"

"Appa is washing up." Krystal gets up, with Soojin in her arms, to get their clothes for the day. Krystal slowly changes Soojin while teaching her the alphabet and tunes. 

Aiden comes out ready and nods to the door. "Ready?" 

Krystal passes Soojin to Aiden and she rests her head on his shoulder. 

"Soojinah. Guess what we will do today." Aiden rubs his daughter's back. 

His daughter responds. "Today?"

"Fishing." Aiden grins as Krystal opens the door. 

"Pishing?" Soojin repeats. "Pishing!"

The parents smile and head down. They take a taxi to a nearby fishing store and ask for some tips and information about the fish. 

"Just head down the street for a mile, and you'll see a dock. The fish always bite there." The elderly man gives a hearty smile. "What a cute daughter."

"Thank you. Soojin say bye." Aiden waves to the man. She follows and the man laughs. 

It takes them a while to reach their destination, but it was worth it because they were rewarded with a beautiful day. 

Soojin, in her tiny wetsuit jumped on the passing puddles. She squealed with joy as the water splashed onto her. 

Aiden and Krystal hold hands as they walk behind their daughter. In his other hand, he carries the fishing rods and baitbox. 

Krystal sighs. Aiden looks to her. "Tired?"

"A little." 

"Want a piggyback?" He asked her. She declines. "Why not?"

"I'm not as light as I was back then." She reasons. Her hands fall to grab some belly fat. "Look at me, my coach would be so disappointed."

"You were light? When?" He teased. Krystal glared at him, pulling her hand away. "Ahh. What. It's a joke." He successfully grabbed her hand again. "So what? You needed the extra pounds."

"True." Krystal murmurs. "I was skin and bone."

"Yeah. I like the way you are now. Your bones don't jab me when I hold you anymore." He grins. "Now I have a soft flab of fat."

She pinches his underarm with her free hand. "What did you say?"

He winces. "Ouch!" The sound he erupted caused Soojin to look back. "It's okay Soojin, appa just tripped."

She comes trotting back and extends her hand. "I'll catch appa so he doesn't fall."

Aiden pulls his hand from Krystal, earning a murderous glare, and holds hands with his daughter. "Thank you princess."

Krystal grabs Soojin's other hand and they proceed to the docks. 

Aiden bit his lip in concentration. He managed to get the bait on properly, all he had to do was fling the rod. He looked around. Where should he throw.

"Just throw it anywhere." Krystal yelled from the mudbanks, where Soojin was playing. 

"You can't rush art!" He yells back and searches for a prospective direction. Krystal rolls her eyes. 

Eventually he picks a direction and flings the bait. The bait ripples into the water and slowly descends into the water. Aiden watchws closely as the tide continues in. 

He pulls his cap down lower to dampen the sun's brightness. He fiddles around with the fishing rod as he patiently waits. And waits. And waits. 

He looks at his wristwatch in frustration. Ten minutes had passed and not a single bite. 

He looked at Krystal, who was also looking at him. He gave a small shake and she nodded. The fishing wasn't going swell. 

"Maybe we should go to a seafood restaurant around here instead." Aiden suggested. "There are barely any fish biting around here."

Krystal nods. "Okay."

"Soojinah. Let's go eat breakfast now." Aiden picked up her daughter. "We can eat fishies." 

Soojin's lower lip protrudes slightly. Her lips begin to waver. "Eat fishy?"

Aiden notices that his daughter is about to cry. "Ah. No. Let's go eat salmon and trout." 

"Salmon and trout?" His daughter repeats confused. "Food?"

"Very delicous fi- food." He smiles. Krystal slaps his arm. "What. It is."

"Don't trick her." Krystal laughed. 

"Let's go eat salmon!" Aiden jumps up and down. Soojin laughs and jumps in his arms too. 

They head back slowly as the sun bakes them. They head to a small restaurant near the beach. Some people recognized Aiden and asked for his autograph while Krystal ordered. 

Soojin was prepped to eat, holding a fork and her bib. 

Aiden chuckled and took out the Polaroid camera and took a photo of her. He gave the picture to Krystal to hold. 

The food comes out and Soojin is enthusiastic. Krystal and Aiden help feed her while they talk. Soojin points to the salmon and retorts. "Salmon."

"Good job!" Krystal pats her daughter's . "Salmon."

Right then, the restaurant owner approaches. "Do you want more fish?" 

Aiden quickly looks at Soojin, who has realized that salmon is a fish and begins to pucker her lips. Her eyes become tearful and she begins to cry. 

"I ate fishy!" She extends her arms to Krystal, who immediately picked her up and excused herself outside. 

Aiden slaps his head. It was supposed to be a secret. 

The older lady looks at him clueless. 

"Ah.." He paused. "We'll take another two servings please."

While he waited, all he could hear is his daughrer wailing outside. "She doesn't knoe trout is a fish." He smiles with an evil grin.