The Note

Athletes And Luv

The retreat ended and Krystal left him a note, because he wouldn't go to the airport, scared he might cry and hold her there, preventing her to board the plane. 

Aiden wouldn't admit it. That he would miss Krystal. He would tell her personally, but not to other eager spectators. That would be seem as if he was a fool for love. He can't be like that. Especially with his father on his tail about focusing on studies and running. 

Oddly, his father would occasionally smile at him and Aiden would feel a warm in his chest like contentment, like his father was proud of him. But that couldn't be possible right? Aiden wasn't better than his artificial son Minho. All Aiden was better at was running. 

Aiden laid on his bed. It's been a week since Krystal left for America and he was missing her. He recalled the note she left and searched for it in his bag. 

It wasn't there. He frowned and looked again. Nothing. 

Emptying everything in his bag, he searched frantically. "Where is it!?!?"

He suddenly remembers that he took two bags there and raced to the living room. He saw his mom, holding the bag. 

"Aiden! How many times do I need to tell you to put this in your room???" His mother scolds him. 

"Sorry!" He grabs his bag and pecks his mom on the cheek as a apology. 

"Don't do it again, or I look through it!" His mom slaps his as he heads back upstairs. 

He sends her a cheeky grin and quickly rushes to his room, flipping through the bag. 

He sighs. It wasn't here either and sat down dejected. Where was it??

He heads downstairs and gets ready for dinner. His mother widens her eyes as her son helped her prepare dinner. 

"What's the matter?" She asks, putting an arm around his shoulder. "Did Krystal break up with you?" She snickers. 

Aiden shakes his head. "I lost something."

"Hmm what? Don't expect me to buy it for you." She retracts her hand, thinking that her son was up to her just so she would buy him something. 

"It's a priceless object." He looks hopefully at her. "You wouldn't have happened to find a letter, have you mom?"

She shakes her head. "I didn't. Ask your father. He's been grinning in his studies for a while now."

Aiden frowns. His dad, and grinning? Not possible. 

He makes his way down to bus studies and knocks on the door. 

"Hm? Come in." His father responds. 

Aiden peers inside and asks solemnly. "Have you found a-"

"A letter?" His father finishes. 

Aiden nods and his father laughs. He holds up the letter and Aiden's eyes widen. 

"Here." His father hands it to him. "And I hope you reflect on your actions."

Aiden, turning red, takes the letter and dashes to the living room for privacy. 

Jonghyun enters with Key trailing behind him. "Hi cousin."

"Hi." Aiden opens the letter. 

"What's that?" Key asks. "From Krystal?"

"Ooooh!!! It's from Krystal?" Jonghyun grabs it. 

Aiden snatches it back. "Hey. None of your business."

"I want to see!!" Key jumps on Aiden. 

Aiden shoves Key onto Jonghyun and runs to the bathroom. He locks the door securely and takes a closer look at the letter. 

It was a picture of a llama and a little message. "This will be you if you don't visit me!"

He smiles. How cute. The llama had his style of clothes photoshopped in, and it was done horribly. Folding the letter, he tucked it safely in his jacket pocket. 

When he went to the table, Key, Jonghyun, his mom and his dad were laughing. Abruptly, they shut up. 

"What's so funny? I want to know." He smiles. 

"My son is a llama. No wonder he runs so fast." His father let's out a hearty laugh and everyone bursts laughing. 

He was shocked, one because his dad was laughing. And two because he realized that his father read his letter. 

"Did you read it?!?" He pouts. "Why!!"

"It said to 'The Liu' so I assumed it was mine." His father shrugged. "I'm glad you met Krystal. She would become a good daughter-in-law."

"Thank Minho, he suggested it." His mother pats her son. 

"Minho did?" Aiden says, shocked again.

She nods. "Minho is her neighbor and he thought your two personalities were similar."

"Oh." Aiden replied. 

"Can I see the picture of the llama?" Jonghyun asks. 

He glares at his cousin, but his mother nagged him too so he gave it to them. 

Key pulled out his phone and took a photo. 

"Hey!!" Aiden yells. "No pictures!"

"Too late." Key smirks and tucks it away before Aiden can grab it. 

"Do youngsters say 'chill out' Jonggie?" His mother asks. Jonghyun nods. 

She turns to him with a peace sign. "Chill out. Son... Or is it brother?"

"It's brah." Key corrects. "But you got the roughy outline."

His mother beams and high fives Jonghyun. 

"This is so wrong." Aiden bows his head as his mother turns to his father with a grin. 

"Look, we younglings!!" His mom laughs.