Muddled

Athletes And Luv

Once they came home from the spa, Krystal made her way to the bathroom. She opened her cabinet and took out a bottle containing mismatching pills than the ones labeled on the bottle. It was her painkillers. Lately the pain had subsided, but some mild pain was common.

Aiden didn't follow her, as he was shocked that she lied to him. Sure, they had their time apart, but he knew even with the lost time they were apart, he wouldn't lie to her.

Seeing her bruises and having experienced them, he knew that the bruises should be painful, especially when touched. When he poked one of her bruises, she didn't react painfully to it, meaning that she did have painkillers. But for what?

Krystal returned and smiled at Aiden. "Staying here tonight again?"

"No, actually I was going to hang out with Key." He scatched his head. "He said something about an amusement park."

"Disneyland?" She asks with hopeful eyes.

"I think so..." Aiden shrugged. "We decided to play our heart's content before we head back."

"Would you mind if I tagged along too?"

"Umm. I'll ask Key." Aiden nods and heads for the door. "Remember to lock the door."

"No goodbye kiss?" She pouts, hoping a finger to her lips.

He stares at her and as she begins to speak again, he walks to her and plants a quick kiss to her lips, nothing more and nothing less.

"There." He opens the door. "See you tomorrow."

Krystal gives a small smile and locks the door as it closes. Something felt wrong. Something wasn't right.

Aiden quickly headed to the nearest telephone pole, dialling up Jessica's number. He tapped the window impatiently.

A voice answered. "Hello?"

"Noona?" Aiden asks. "I mean, Jessica? "

"Yes. This is noona, I mean Jessica." She responds with a yawn.

"It's me Aiden."

"I knew once I heard your voice.. what's up with you're number. Its super long and from another country. "

"I am in a different country. I'm in America, visiting Krystal." He gulps in anticipation to her response.

"What? In America? School hasn't ended you dimwit."

"I know. But I came, with Key."

"Okay. So what? Are you just bragging to me about how you had with my sister?"

"No..." He blushed. "It's just. I feel a bit weird around Krystal. She seems more reserved and quiet."

"She's always like that. Tell me something I don't know."

"I heard from a friend that she's on pain meds. Was Krystal in an accident?"

"Not from what I've heard. Why? Maybe she's got some sores."

"I heard she has been taking them without restriction. Like a pain killer maniac."

"It's her choice. Leave it to her. And as her fiance, you should be disappointed, finding out these things from her friend."

"I think it's the Jung disease." Aiden says with utmost confidence and some sadness.

"The what?"

"The Jung disease."

"What's that?"

"Isn't it a hereditary disease that kills off a Jung member when they are past teenage years?"

Immediately, Jessica bursts laughing. "Are you serious?"

"Oh, you must not know." Aiden replied solemn.

"Aiden. There is no such thing as a Jung disease, your fiancee likes to say made up stuff."

"What about your aunt who passed away when she was twenty something?"

"Aunt Lily died because of a car accident... Krystal got you good."

He frowned as Jessica hung up soon after. "If it's not that, then why is she taking so man pills?"

He heads back to the hotel, confused and rattled by Jessica's words. If Krystal made things up, how much of truth existed? He furiously rubbed his hair. "Why is she taking meds?"

Upon entering the hotel, Aiden was welcomed by a wet Key, drying his hair. He frowned when Aiden fell on the bed. "Hello stranger."

"Hi."

"Tomorrow is DISNEYLAND!!!!." Key flays his arms like a car sales balloon.

"Yep.... actually can you go buy yourself?."

"What. ..."

"I don't feel like going." He shrugged.

"... You must be kidding." Key crossed hid arms. "The only reason I came here is to have fun, and you ruin it???"

"Take Luna or someone else." Aiden sighed. "I need some alone time."

"For what??? Just bring Krystal and we'll have a blast." Key headed to the bathroom. "I won't take no for an answer."

Aiden laid down on one of the two beds. "I don't know..."

"Yes you do, now go ask her." Key yelled from the bathroom.