Unexpected Meeting

Athletes And Luv
Ba dump. Ba dump. Ba dump. 

All the athletes are anxious, holding their breath. 

"3. 2. 1!" Bang! 

They dash off the start, pushing themselves toward the finish. Two meters before the finish line, one boy, in particular, grimaces as he feels his calf contract and he skids onto the ground. The audience gasp and watch as a medical team runs over to him.

The rest pass by him in a rush, now that Aiden Liu was out, first place was possible.

The race is over. I lost. He thought. I wasn't good enough. He winces at his leg, now being probed by the paramedics. 

"I'm fine." He keeps repeating.

"Does it hurt here?" A man pushes on his calf, Aiden winces.

"You calf is swollen... It seems you tore a muscle."

"I'm fine." He tries to assure the medic. "I can stand." He tries but falls. 

"First place - Minho. Second place - Dongjun. Third place - Hoya." The announcer calls. 

Aiden sighs as he is approached by Minho. 

"Are you okay?" He lends out a hand. Aiden grabs it and gives a small smile. 

"I will be."

"What are you going to tell your dad?" Minho seems concerned. "Coach isn't going to be happy."

"Just say you won first. Don't tell him about my injury." Aiden walks off the field with help from Minho. The crowd cheers at their hurt player. 

"Your injury's going to make headlines... 'Aiden Liu losses race because of damaged calf.'" Minho says with a serious tone now inside the locker room. 

"We're still in high school.. It won't make big news, it'll make local." Aiden brushes Minho off. "However, big news is that Minho finally beat Aiden!"

Minho rolls his eyes. "This was an unfair race. You're hurt. So it doesn't count."

"It does count. Ask the reporters or anything."

"You fell and injured your calf. That's not a fair match. I'll wait until your leg is healed. Then we race." Minho departed from Aiden and went to go take a shower. 

Aiden sat down and tries to recall why his calf was hurting. 

*** Flashback ***

It was raining and Aiden woke up late. He would be tardy to his practice, that was cruelly starting at five in the morning, before school started.

"Crap I'm late." Aiden runs down the street and turns a corner. He didn't see the girl and they crashed into each other. "Ow!"

The girl landed on Aiden, smacking heads against each other, their lips also touching. The girl quickly got up and brushed herself off. 

Aiden was dazed a bit as the girl smiled at him and apologized. However his clothes were dirty, he slipped into the mud. 

"Excuse me..." Aiden grabs the shoulder of the fleeing girl. "Shouldn't you repay me?"

"Why should I?" The girl glares at him. 

He swallows, a bit scared. "My clothes are dirty, because of you."

"And so are mine."

"And you took my first kiss!" Aiden pouts. 

"That was your first kiss? How pitiful..." The girl giggles. 

Aiden scowls. "Do you know who I am? I can get you expelled from your school."

"I don't. And I don't care either. If you can excuse me, I'm late." The girl kicks him in the calf real hard and Aiden releases her, wincing at his leg.

"You! You! I KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE. YOU'RE NOT SAFE!!!" He yells at the disappearing girl. People stare at him, partially because he yelled, and the other because he was coated in mud.

He grits his teeth, turning red. "At least I know what her school is..." She was wearing a Seoul School uniform, known for the school's high jumpers. Aiden goes to SM High School because it was the best for athletics and studies. 

Aiden tries to brush off the dirt, but it just ends up getting his hands dirty. Angry, he marches to school quickly and changes his clothes for practice. 

"Remember, this morning is a light practice, today's a big meet, don't push yourself." The assistant coach waves his roll call sheet, "And no skipping classes or you can't participate."

"Yes sir!" All the athletes respond and begin their warm up lap. 

Aiden was about to join his friends, when the assistant coach pulled him aside. 

"Yes?"

"You're dad wants to see you perform well today."

Aiden rolls his eyes. "Same with everybody. Especially Minho."

"He wants you to focus and do you best. He wants you to get at least first or second." The coach waves him off. "Go practice. Lighty." 

Aiden returns to his friends and they question him. 

"Why were you late?" Key probes him. "Your clothes were dirty too.

"Dumb girl ran into me by Town Hall. She pushed me into the mud." Aiden grumbles. 

"Was she one of your fans? Does she know about me too? What did she look?" 

Aiden struggled to run as Key dragged his shoulders, he felt a spasm of pain in his calf, but chose to ignore it. The face he made out of reflex peeled Key off. 

"Sorry.." He apologized. 

*** Present day ***

"That stupid girl!" Aiden threw his towel in anger. "It's her fault!"

"Who's fault?" Key sat next to Aiden. "Hows your leg?"

"I know who caused this to happen..." Aiden smiled coldly. "Key you have friends at Seoul High, right?"

Key backs away. "Yes..? Why..." He sounds scared as Aiden grabs his shoulders. 

"I need you to do me a favor." Aiden smirks.

"No...!" Key shakes his head. "It's got something to with revenge doesn't it? I want no part in it!"

"Kibumah~ you have no choice or I'll tell Jonghyun~" 

Key pouts. "Fine. Who do you want to meet?"

Aiden shrugs. "She had long black hair and a scary glare."

"..." Key face palms himself. "I shouldn't expect anything from a brainless dinosaur..."

"Ah!" Aiden smacks Key. "Her surname was Jung."

"There are a lot of Jungs at Seoul High..."

"But it's a girl."

"So? Are you trying to be ist? There are millions of females in the world..."

"Why would I care about that? Help me find her!"

"Why?"

"She injured me and stole my first kiss...."

"SHE WHAT? STOLE YOUR KISS? OH THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE. I'LL FIND HER BY THE END OF THE WEEK!!!" Key dashed out of the locker room.