Catching Up

Athletes And Luv

Aiden smiled as he embraced Krystal. His hands rubbed her back gently. "I missed you."

"I did too." She murmurs and kisses his nose.

He felt the jitters as she deepened the hug and breathed on his neck. "Things aren't the same when you don't talk, or move, or kiss me."

He smiled. "Doesn't breathing count?"

"It's not enough."

"Well, I talk, move, and kiss now." He leans in a kisses her gently on the lips.

"Everything is good now." She sighs with relief. "You have so much catching up to do."

"I have time. I'm not going anywhere." He jokes.

Krystal turns silent.

Aiden nudges her. "You okay?"

She bites her lip, pulling away from his arms. "Did I get fat?"

He frowns. What kind of question was she asking? "Of course not, if this has something to do with my body, I'm sorry. I'll work out once I'm discharged."

"Not you... me." She stares at him impatiently. "Does my belly look bigger?"

He looks down. Strangely her stomach did protrude a bit, but it doesn't look abnormal. "Did you gain weight while I was... sleeping?"

She slaps his arm. "That's not fat."

He scratches his head. "Muscle?"

She sighs. "Try touching." She grabs his hand and gently puts it on her stomach. It was a bit stiff and had a faint pulse.

His eyes widen with disbelief. "That can't be..."

"Welcome to fatherhood you douche." She pinched his leg.

"Ow..." He yelps. "Why am I a douche??"

"How many times did I tell you to use protection?!?!?" She slaps hin for each word. "Why did you not listen to me???"

"Ow. Stop. I. Get. It. I'm sorry." He winces.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, you !" She slaps his head roughly. "I found out I was pregnant when you were just sleeping in here. I had to hide it for a while. By myself." She wrinkles her nose.

He looks down. "I came as fast as I could."

"What's worse is the doctors are putting me on therapy too. They found all the morphine in my bloodstream in that accident."

Aiden listens carefully. "You were addicted to pain medications right?"

"No... I just thought if I felt no pain while practicing, maybe I could do better, just maybe jump higher." She responds with regret. "Now our baby might have some abnormalities becaubecause of what I did." She rubs her belly softly.

He grabs her hand. "Don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine."

"We can only hope." She tightens her grip.

"What happened next?"

"My dad almost beat the baby out of me. He wants me to abort." Krystal shrugs. "But Jessica and my mom want me to keep it. Since it's yours."

He pulled her to the bed, wrapping his arms around him. He takes in her lavender shampoo. "What about you? Do you really want to keep the baby?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do." Krystal looks back at him with a hint of anger. "Don't you?"

He nods. "But this isn't the best time for a baby. We're still kids."

"Me? A kid? I stopped being a kid once I began jumping. You probably did too when you started running." Krystal pauses. "It's not like the accident hasn't caused enough trouble as it is."

"Okay. Say we do keep the baby." Aiden tightens his grips around her. "How will we support her... him... her..."

"She's a her." Krystal smiles at her belly.

"Okay. How will we support her?"

"You go to school. I'll try to to to school, too. My parents won't throw me out." Krystal smiles. "So don't worry about finding a new place."

"What about jobs."

"Keep running if you want to. I always had a soft spot for art. " Krystal shrugs. "Or find something else."

"Do you really want to... nevermind. If you made up your mind." He kisses her shoulder and reached out for her hand.

"Amazing."

"Huh?"

"Usually people in comas have to relearn their actions, you're doing great." She examines his hand. "A bit weak, but amazing."

"Hahahaha. Who do you think I am?" He nudges her. "I'm the great Aiden Liu, remember?"

"Great? Nah. Just lucky, I guess."

"Luck has nothing to do with it." He smiles.

"Ahem!" A head peeks into the room. "I'm not interrupting something am I?"

"Unnie." Krystal sits up abruptly, getting off the bed.

"So you are awake." She hums as she walks in fully.

"Ah. Hello. Jessica noona." He smiles nervously.

"So you knock up my sister? And make her suffer alone for four months?" She walks closer hauntingly. "I have many words for you, Aiden Liu."

"S-s-s-s-sorry..." He stutters. "I'll do anything to please Krystal. Forgive me!!!"

"Anything?" Jessica raises an eyebrow.