Friendship Over

Athletes And Luv

Aiden woke up to sleeping on a worn out couch. His phone was ringing and he checked the caller. It was his mom. 

He answers. "Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"Key's house." Aiden yawns. 

"Come home Aiden." His mother pleads. "I talked to your father."

"He won't let me in." Aiden comments while rubbing his neck.

"He's worried as well."

"Funny mom." Aiden laughs. "He's worried about me, when he kicked me out?"

"Aiden. Cone home. Your father is sorry." His mother continues. "If you aren't here, then I have no reason to stay here either."

Aiden sits up. "Mom..."

"Remember what I told you when you were little?" 

"I'm the only reason you stay..." Aiden responds. 

"Exactly. So come home. Or you will never see your mother again." His mother warns. "Ever again."

"I'll be home after school." Aiden gives up. He needed his mom. Even though he's not a mama's boy, she was essential to the family. She was the glue.

"Good." His mother hangs up. 

Aiden gets up and takes a shower. Key isn't up yet and Aiden had to get to practice. 

After showering, Aiden wakes up a annoyed Key. He didn't budge and Aiden decided the leave him there.

Walking to school he spots Krystal waiting at the town hall. 

He sneaks up behind her and hugs her. "Raaawwwrr!"

She elbows his stomach and he winces. "Gaahh!"

"Ah Aiden." Krystal apologizes. "I didn't see you."

"That was the point." Aiden smiles. "Were you waiting for me?"

Krystal looks at her feet. "You didn't text me."

Aiden looks around. "Ah. I'm sorry."

Krystal smacks his shoulder. "I was waiting."

"Sorry." Aiden pinches Krystal's cheek. "I was busy."

"With what?..." Krystal crosses her arms. 

Aiden sighs. "Family problems. But it's okay."

"Something wrong?" Krystal touches his forearm. He smiles reassuringly. 

"I'm fine." He looks around. "I know this may sound stupid, but do you want to skip practice and hang out with me?"

"Huh?" Krystal frowns. "So there is something wrong."

Aiden shakes his head. "I just have some pent up stress and running won't help."

Krystal becomes pensive and has a deep frown. "I don't think I should. I have a meet this Saturday."

"But you want to go on a date Friday..." Aiden raises his eyebrow. "Today sounds much better."

Krystal sighs. "Sorry. Friday is my formal day off. I even told the coach."

"Why not pretend to be sick?" Aiden is a bit disappointed. He didn't want to go see Minho.

"I never miss a day of practice." She shrugs. "I'll see you later. But text me."

Aiden nods and treads slowly to school. Key wouldn't be there since Aiden ditched him. On his way to the locker room, Suzy stood waiting outside. She stares at him expectedly. He sighs and tries to walk past her. 

"Hey. Can we talk?" She holds onto his arm. 

"No reason to. I saw it all already." Aiden peels off her fingers. 

Suzy's shoulder's fall. "It's not Minho's fault. I asked him."

"I know. Now let go." Aiden says calmly. 

Suzy sighs. "Sorry." She releases Aiden and runs to the field. He walks into the locker room and spots Minho. Ignoring him, Aiden changes and leaves without a word. 

Minho seems troubled. He attempts to talk to Aiden, but Aiden just shrugs him away. 

He finally grabs onto Aiden's shoulder to stop him from running. "I heard you fought with coach."

Aiden glares at Minho's hand. Minho repeals his hand and dusts off his shorts. 

"Look Aiden. I said things that weren't true and I'm sorry." Minho starts apologizing. Aiden just stares at him with a bored daze. "Are you listening?"

"I don't talk to second rate athletes." Aiden starts running again and Minho furrows his brow before running after him. 

"I dare you to say that to my face." Minho pulls Aiden's shoulder making him face the boy. 

"I already did." Aiden shrugs off his hands and runs again, faster, so Minho couldn't pace himself. 

Minho grits his teeth. "Arrogant b******!"

The assistant coach smacks Minho on the head with the schools news feed. "What did you say?"

Minho bows politely. "It slipped out sir."

"Let's have it locked up now." The assistant coach moves onto Aiden. 

Aiden sighs. What a messed up world.