Should Have Known

Athletes And Luv

Aiden ran downstairs. He was late. Last night he couldn't sleep because his father and mother nagged him and talked to him for two hours about keeping healthy and making sure not to injury and body part, ever again or he would lose them. 

Yawning, he dashes into the kitchen, grabbed a piece of toast, then ran outside. 

He stretched while walking fast and beamed. His leg had finally heal and now he could race again, feel the cool air against his hair. 

Two weeks had passed since he saw Krystal and he was glad. He didn't want his feelings to be toyed with when he likes Suzy. And the whole fiancé thing seemed like a whole setup. It didn't seem real. 

Eating the toast, Aiden turns the corner, but halts, narrowing his eyes. There would be no way that he would run into Krystal right?

Shaking his head in disbelief, he turns the corner and quickly stops Krystal, hands on her shoulders, from running into him. "Whoa."

She recovered quickly and frowned at Aiden. "Hi."

"You seemed to be in a rush. Later." Aiden leaves but Krystal holds his jacket sleeve. "Hmm?"

"This is the third time we ran into each other right?" She asks plainly. He nods. "Isn't three times the charm?"

He laughs, rubbing his hair. "Funny. This is reality. I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way."

Krystal sighs. "Are you free this Friday?"

Aiden furrows his brows, concentrating. "Nope why?"

"Meet me here tomorrow morning. Don't plan anything on Friday." She points at him, making him understand. 

He shrugs and waves goodbye as she leaves also. 

He manages to get to morning practice five minutes before the practice starts. Huffing and puffing, he changes quickly, taking no concern for his messed up hair. Key stands beside him and tsks him. 

"I don't see what girls see in you." He shakes his head. "You're simply carefree and like a kid."

"That's my charm." Aiden sticks his tongue out. "Be jealous."

"... Eww why?" Key smacks Aiden in the leg. "You should be jealous of my pickup lines."

Aiden laughs. "Hit me."

Key winks at him, putting his arm around him. "Baby are you thirsty? Because I've got a six pack."

Minho slaps Key's stomach. "More like a fanny pack."

Key turns diva. "Who asked you. Was I hitting on you? I don't think so." He snaps fingers and shakes his head. "Boys..."

Aiden smiles. "I'm a boy."

"You must be..." Key rolls his eyes. "I'm a boy as well."

"No... I'm a big boy." Aiden grins. Key sighs and pushes him away. "Stay away you ert!"

"I'm a gigantic boy." Minho grins. 

Key grabs his hair and screams, while running into the field. Minho and Aiden laugh, high fiving each other.

"He does understand that we're talking about our shoe size right?" Aiden smirks. 

Minho shakes his head. "Dirty Key.... Need to clean him."

Aiden nods. "Shower bomb?"

Minho nods. "Code 32: Cobra."

Aiden grins and rubs his hands. 

Key looks back at the two, sticking his tongue out, before he trips on a bucket and falls face first in mud. 

Aiden and Minho crack up as they get to a crying Key. Practice goes on as usual and while Key's taking his flower shower, Minho takes his uniform and replaces it with a tiny short shorts and a revealing v neck. Aiden places a fake note from 'fans' and leaves some candy in this locker. 

The two peek as Key changes into the clothes they brought and Key frowns. Finding the letter, Key smirks and shows it to his locker buddies, who in turn laugh at him. Key grins and pulls out an extra pair of his uniform. Aiden face drops and Minho frowns. 

Key finds them and gives them a peace sign. "You guys are too obvious." 

Aiden sighs and they ditch Key to get to class. 

"How did he know?" Aiden lays his head on the desk. "We've only done this twice."

"Someone must have heard us." Minho looks suspiciously at Aiden. 

"Who."

"The diva himself." Key smirks. "Too easy to figure out."

"Really? What plan was it?" Aiden challenges Key. Key laughs.

"Plan get Key a tramp outfit." Key shrugs. "I'd rather be in my birthday suit."

Aiden rolls his eyes. "Who's the dirty minded freak now?"

"You." Key says simple before opening a bag of food. "You wouldn't know unless you knew."

Minho nods in agreement. "I even knew that."

Aiden scoffs. "I was thinking about a suit made of cake.

"Sure..." Key smirks. 

During break Suzy comes up to him. "Hey Aiden."

He smiles. "Hey."

"Can I speak with you for a moment?" She drags him outside. 

"Sure." He grins. Suzy so pretty. He thought. 

"About your confession." She begins. It's been almost three weeks since his confession. Aiden thought she hated him afterwards.

"Yes?" Aiden looks at his hands. 

"I'm sorry, but I have someone else that I like and I'm sorry that it took me this long to tell you." Suzy gives Aiden an apologetic smile. "Can we still be friends?"

Aiden's heart breaks in two. He manages to maintain a smile and reply. "Sure, no problem." Inside, he felt like crap. He excused himself and went to the restroom, to try and keep the tears from dripping. He was at school, and crying was for weaklings. "I should have seen it coming."