Bad Day

Athletes And Luv

It was a gray, gloomy day. Aiden had just received his Physics test, only to grief at the low C he got. Brooding over the paper during lunch, he noticed Donghae with a red cheek. 

Aiden approached him. "Having a bad day?"

Donghae nods silently. 

"Me too. Let's be depressed together." Aiden slung his arm over his shoulder and the two wandered off to the rooftop to vent. 

Aiden was the first to open up. "I am failing my science class, and I won't get a scholarship if it keeps up... STUPID PHYSICS!!!" He screams off the balcony. "AND MY FIANCÉ IS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY WITHOUT ME!!"

He huffs content, and proceeds to look at Donghae. 

Donghae opens his mouth, but only a sigh comes out. 

To fire him up, Aiden points at his face. "Who slapped you? A girl right? Don't you hate having people push you around?"

"Jessica slapped me." Donghae becomes teary. 

"Oh." The mood becomes awkward. 

"She said she didn't like having a stupid boyfriend and ditched me for that Yuri..." Donghae grimaces. "I'm in all honors, I don't get how I am stupid."

"She's... The stupid one." Aiden pats his friends back. "Vent it out, let the whole school know you got dum- released from a life long term of hell on Earth."

"She was my everything." Donghae breaks down and begins to bawl. 

Aiden watched his friend. "But hey, you're single and not so ready to mingle, yet. You're a handsome stud who deserves better."

"I am?" Donghae stares at Aiden with sad eyes. 

Aiden nods furiously. "You're a lean mean fighting machine."

"Isn't that from a movie?" Donghae frowns. 

"Uh... No... It's original." Aiden scratches his head. "Anyway, we don't need girls to be happy."

Donghae watches his friend expectedly. 

"We men are free animals, left to reign over all of this kingdom." His hand spans across the school buildings. "We are the bachelors of the night, stealing pencils and erasers to create a tower of utensils. We steal underwear..."

Donghae shoots Aiden a disgusted face. "We steal underwear? ..."

"Erm.. I mean. We graze along the buildings with lightning speed, only stopping to stare at s or butts." Aiden says and smacks himself in the head. 

Donghae shakes his head. "I may be sad, but you're a ert."

"erts are the winners in this world!??" Aiden fist pumps. Then he sighs, embarrassed. "I got carried away. Sorry."

"Don't worry, I won't tell you're girlfriend." Donghae sighs. "At least you have one."

Aiden leans against the rooftop door. "There are plenty of fish in the sea."

"Can you stop using these so popular idioms..." Donghae shoves his hands in his pockets. "You're making it worse."

"How about I set you up with a friend of mine?"

"Jessica?"

"..." Aiden rolls his eyes. "Someone better suited for you, more cuter and taller."

Donghae frowns. "Now you're just rubbing it in my face..."

"How?"

"I'm short." Donghae scoffs. "Whatever, let me sulk alone in the locker room."

"Hey!" Aiden calls as Donghae leaves. "My people will call your people! We will set up a date and time!"

Looking at the view of the campus, Aiden secretly envies the courtyard, directly below the rooftop. It was where all the couples were. He stared envious of Yuri and Jessica and eventually made his way back to class. 

He sat down and stares longingly at the door, hoping that Krystal would appear and sweep him away off his feet, but knowing reality it was impossible. 

On the other side of the world, Krystal sighed as a boy sat next to her, with an aura that told her that his intentions were not so friendly. 

"Hi." He tries to strike a conversation. 

She gives him her signature glare and he shuts up. Thank goodness. All the boys here were after Krystal and she could feel the girls glare into her back. 

Her roommate, Luna, popped into class and sat beside her. "Annyeong~"

"Hi." Krystal replied. 

"Who's that boy next to you?" She asked in Korean. 

"I don't know." Krystal says stiffly as she takes a glance at the boy. "But he's annoying."

"I think he is interested in you, he keeps peeking at you." Luna nudges get elbow. "Try talking to him, he's cute."

"... No. I have a boyfriend." Krystal shakes her head strongly. "And I don't like boys like him."

"Excuse me." The boy interrupts. "Stop speaking Korean, I can understand you..."

"Eh?" Krystal says, a bit shocked. "You're Korean?"

"Of course." He responds. "And if you get to know me, I'm not annoying at all." 

"Well I don't want to." Krystal says bluntly. "Why don't you two go ahead and mingle." She stands up and changes her seat. Luna sends her a disapproving sigh before trying to engage in a conversation. 

The boy scoffs at Krystal and kindly chats with Luna. 

Krystal stares at her phone's background. She had a photo of Aiden and her at the retreat. His arm was around her waist and their faces were touching, cheek by cheek. Behind them, Jonghyun managed to photobomb the picture, it was so funny that Krystal didn't crop it out.

"I miss you." She mumbles before putting her phone away, for class had begun. 

In her bag was a bottle of medicine to help with pain, essentially pain killers, not the illegal kind. Before leaving Korea, she asked her doctor for pills to deal with sprains and other heavy injuries. At first her doctor was hesitant, but eventually gave in to her request. 

Her parents didn't know that she had them, nor would they. Krystal just thought it was from the change in environments and the stress of competing with Americans. 

Krystal sighed as the lecture began and felt the smooth pain killers work their ways.