Third Wheel

Athletes And Luv

His palms were sweaty and were constantly rubbing his legs due to his anxious thoughts. He stared at the school building and he huffed a loud sigh. Just as he turned to leave, a hand pulled him back. 

"It can't be that bad. I hear Americans are good looking." Key says smiling at a passing guy who frowns at him. "And boy must I agree."

"Lets wait after school." Aiden says nervously. A group of girls walk past him and he felt yet were giving him the eye, they kept staring at him. 

"Haayyy gurls!!" Key waves to them. "I'm Key!"

They giggle and quickly waddle to their cars. 

Aiden shakes his head. "You're embarrassing."

"They love me." Key grins. "Oh look, some Asians!" 

Aiden grudgingly follows as Key taps a girls shoulder. 

"Hallo!" Key smiles politely. "Do you know Korean?"

The girl nods and gives an eye smile. "Who are?"

"Nice!" Key switches to Korean. "We are looking for my - our friend. Do you happen to know Krystal Jung?"

"She is my roommate." The girl replies. 

"Ohh really? That's convenient!" Key claps his hands. "Can you get her?"

"I can, but who are you people?" She raises an eyebrow. "She just came from Korea so I don't think she knows anybody here."

"We came from Korea." Key explains. "Don't worry, people get amazed at my English too, I may sound fluent, but I am Korean."

The girl smirks. "Your English was horrible. I'm Luna by the way." She greets Aiden. Cute boy she grinned. 

However Aiden doesn't look at her. He stares at the entrance of the building. Students were flooding out. 

Key frowns at Aiden and nudged him. 

Aiden looks at his friend, then to Luna. "Sorry. I'm Aiden."

"Ahh, what a cool name!" Luna smiles. 

He mentally scoffs. Is she flirting with me? "Thank you."

"Krystal should be coming out, but can I ask something?" Luna keeps staring at Aiden, wanting his reply. 

Aiden softly scowls. Luna was blocking his vision of the entrance. 

"So, are you single?" Luna says and Aiden pushes past her. 

His eyes was locked on a certain figure. He moved on his own, leaving Key and Luna, but stopped when a boy tapped her shoulder, prompting her to turn around. 

Krystal turned around. It was the annoying boy from earlier. "Can I help you?"

"You didn't get my name. My name is-"

"I don't care." She glares at him. "I was being polite earlier."

The boy frowns. "Well. So was I." 

"Can you leave me alone?"

"I saw your pills earlier." He says simply. "If you're taking that large dose of medication, do you think any sane person would not be concerned?"

"I don't need anyones concern. Especially someone like you." She sets to leave but he stops her. 

"It's not healthy to take that much painkillers. You can die from overdose."

"Who says I didn't know." She sighs. "I thank you for your concern, but I have to go practice."

"Practice? After you just took that?" He grabs her wrist tightly. "I'm taking you to the principal. This isn't going to end well."

"Stop. Let go." She tries to pull away but his grip is too strong. 

"It's for your own good." He says softer. 

"Let go!" 

Aiden breaks into motion by her loud outburst. He grabs the wrist and harshly squeezes it, making the boy wince away. 

"She said let go." He says firmly and Krystal notices Aiden with wide eyes. 

The boy frowns. "You need to step away, you don't know anything."

"I know that she doesn't want to go with you. Screw off." Aiden pulls Krystal defensively behind him.

The boy sighs and leans to say his last words. "You're not picking the wise choice." He then heads down the steps, leaving Aiden with Krystal. 

She just stares at him and he grins sheepishly while scratching his head. "How's it going?"

"Why are you here?" She asks with a low tone, hiding her fear that Aiden might have heard her. 

"Huh?" He frowns. "I came to visit you. With Key." Aiden jabs his thumb at Key. He shrugs. "I had a free weekend and-"

"So your definition of a weekend is flying halfway across the world?" She cuts him off. 

"No, but..." Aiden averts his eyes. "Did I interrupt you? Did you want to speak with your friend more?"

"N-no..." Her fingers edge to his hands, touching them slightly. "It's just. I shouldn't be that important to you."

He leans in, close to her neck. She shivers and he whispers in her ear, his coarse voice leaving a warm breeze. "You're my everything. Don't say things like that."

"Krystal!!" Key waves with a loud outburst and Aiden sighs as the boy walks up the steps. "I missed you!!" He pulls Krystal from Aiden's embrace and gave her a big hug, swirling her around like rag doll. 

"Urg." Krystal grunts and gives a weak smile. "Long time no see."

"Why are you so frail!??" Key says concerned. "You feel weak!"

"Just tired." She says. Aiden takes her backpack. "I'm not that tired."

"Krystal, your roomate has the hots for Aiden." Key laughs as Luna takes another look at Aiden before heading off. 

"That girl..." Krystal grumbles. "Every boy."

"Not me though, I must be special!" Key grins. 

Krystal shakes her head. "She doesn't hit on gay boys."

Key laughs shocked. "How does she know??"

"The aura around you." Aiden sticks his tongue out and pouts at Krystal. "Let's ditch this kid and go out for lunch."

"I'm coming with!" Key barges between them. "I bought the tickets, I come."

Krystal shifts to the side as Key squeezes in between them. She let's out a fast sigh and ignores the headache. "Why not."

"I'm don't mind being a third wheel." Key smirks at Aiden. "I enjoy it. I bask in it."