Labor

Athletes And Luv

Months passed. Aiden managed to beat the leading runners and snag a spot on the nation's running team, that would also guarantee him a spot on the Olympics team. He was conditioned and had more motivation to be the best. It was for Krystal and the baby. She was already nine months now. The baby was a girl, to Aiden's immense happiness. His parents and Krystal's were excited for the new baby, throwing up baby showers and gifting them with an apartment, two bedrooms: a room for them, and a room for the baby girl.

He yawned as he sat up. When he looked beside him, he couldn't help but smile. Krystal was sleeping on her side, her arms wrapped protectively around her stomach. The baby was due within two weeks. Krystal had dark circles, the weight of the baby was taking a toil on her. He brushed a strand of hair and tucked it gently behind her ear. Despite the circles, Aiden found her to be the most beautiful, attractive girl in the entire universe. No one could laugh like she did, or order him around. Aiden was simply built to love Krystal. She was his lifeline.

She wrinkled her nose as her eyes opened a tad bit. Meeting Aiden's eyes, she gave a brief, warm smile. "Hello."

"Good morning." Aiden grinned back.

"Don't you have practice this morning?" She asked, still sleepy.

He nods. "I told coach I'd be there by 10."

"Go get ready." She tries to sit up, trying to get rid of her drowsiness.

"Careful." Aiden helps her up. "You can stay in bed."

"Who would make my baby his lunch?" Krystal mutters, ignoring his suggestion.

"I can buy something." He offered. She shook her head.

"Our national runner needs to eat homemade food, else he will get diaeherra from eating something random and odd."

"Why do you always bring that up?" Aiden mumbles as he follows Krystal downstairs.

"Oof." Krystal held her stomach. "She's so active."

"I guess my love of running passed down to her." Aiden jokes as Krystal opens the fridge.

"Not just your running. She's going to love jumping too." Krystal nods, reminiscing about her track days.

Aiden felt a littlw regretful. Ever since Krystal was pregnant, she had to quit the track field. He knew she loved jumping too.

"Is ham and cheese sandwich fine?" She asked.

"Huh? Yeah." He looks at her with a gleam of happiness. "Ready to be a mom?"

"Nope." Krystal replied immediately. "I'm still a student and not even an adult..."

"Well, we're close to being adults." Aiden scratched his head.

"A year is a long while." Krystal mutters.

"Why are you so negative?" Aiden pulls her to him, embracing her deeply.

Her shoulders drop. "What if I won't be a good mom?"

Aiden frowns. "Who says you will? Because you are Krystal, the mighty mother."

"I can't cook."

"You can learn."

"I don't know how to do the laundry."

"You can learn that too."

"I don't know how to clean."

"I can clean." Aiden laughs. "Are we going to list all your imperfections? I should start too then." He pauses. "I'm not tall."

Krystal rolls her eyes. "You're taller than me, that's enough."

"I can't cook either."

"We can learn."

"I at loving my future wife."

"You're doing fine." She slaps his arm.

"I can't help my wife."

"What do you mean you can't? You went out in the middle of the night, buying all the crap I wanted to eat."

"I can't guarantee happiness."

"When did you start saying lies?" She pecks his lips. "I understand what you're trying to get at now, so stop."

"Good." He smiles. "My wife is good at catching onto things."

"And my husband is good at running away from them." She grins.

"Have you thought of a name yet?" He asks.

"I've been thinking, but I can't decide." She pouts. He smiles. So cute.

He leads her to the living room couch. "Lay them on me."

"Soojin."

"Soojin?"

Krystal nods.

Aiden feigns dislike. "Really? It sounds..."

"Sounds like what?" Krystal looks a bit hurt. "I like that name. It starts with Soo, like Soojung."

Aiden shakes his head. "Its... perfect." He smiles quickly, earning a slap from Krystal. "Ow."

"Aigoo... you!" She pinched his thigh. He winced.

Aiden sends her a grin, kissing her hand. "Only my genius wife could think of a name like that."

She giggled. "And my llama would compliment that."

Aiden rolls his eyes. "I'm still an animal to you?"

"My personal pet." Krystal tussles his hair.

"Well then, allow this pet to assist you, anytime anywhere." He bends his knee and bows politely to Krystal.

"Go to practice now, you'll be late." Krystal urges.

"I still have two minutes." Aiden holds her hands. "Krystal baby."

"What." She asked, staring at the clock.

"I love you."

"I know." She pinches his cheeks.

He waited for her response. "I love you too, dork."

He jumps up with joy and winks. "I'll be off, my lady."

"Come home quick." She yells as he grabs his track bag and departs.

Today was a lucky day, the coaches were needed at a meeting, so practice would be cancelled early. He could buy something for Krystal, something for her to eat. He nods. He would buy her some sweets, or ice cream. Maybe even a bucket of nachos would do... he shook his head. The gas would be poisonous...

"Hey." A girl called out. It was Sulli.

"Hi." He replied with a smile.

"The kids want to meet up again, throw a party for the baby." Sulli is talking about Minho, Key, Suzy.

"Uh, I guess?" He tentatively agrees.

"Great!" She smiles. Then she walks up close. "I'm so glad my mission worked."

He frowns. "What mission?"

"To get you and Krystal together." She smirks.

His eyes widen. "YAH! I remember! At Suzy's house! You!" He chased after her and she laughed evilly.

"I've trapped you into wedlock!!!!!! Muhahahahahahah." Sulli cynically laughs. She then presumes to trip on the grass, letting Aiden belt out in laughter. Sulli spit out a mouthful of grass and sighed.

"You deserve that you know." He says and she nods.

"Here, let me help." He holds out his hand and she grabs it.

"When can I come over to your apartment?" She asks. "I miss Krystal."

"Why not come over today?" He asked. "Practice is over soon, and it can be a surprise."

"Really?" Her hopeful face lights up.

He nods. "She could use a friend, in this dark period of waiting for the baby to come."

"Okay, wait for me." Sulli waves as she goes back to practice.

On the way home, Aiden bought chocolate, and gave some to Sulli.

"When is she due?"

"Less than a month." Aiden pops a candy into his mouth. "She's so stressed that no one will be with her, when the baby comes."

"What about Jessica?" Sulli asks. "Didn't she request for a break?"

He nods. "It was denied. And her parents are too busy with work as well."

"That's rough." Sulli comments.

Aiden nods. "We're here."

They enter the apartment through a set of stairs and elevators. Once Aiden unlocked the door, he was shocked to find Krystal laying on the ground, with a pool of water.

He ran to her side, checking her forehead. "Krystal?!?!?"

Sulli gasps. "She's in labor!"

Aiden lifts her up, so she is on his lap. "Call 119!"

Sulli quickly dials the hospital. Within a couple minutes, the emergency team arrives, they rush to Krystal and carry her down to the ambulance.

Sulli and Aiden follow closely, and Aiden gets into the car, while Sulli calls Minho.

"Krystal." Aiden wipes the sweat off her brow. She opens her eyes weakly. "You're back early."

"Good thing I am, if I came any later." Aiden reaches for her hand. "It's going to be all right, you're all safe now."