Chapter 4

Beautiful Lies

"What are you doing?" you asked him in a cold voice yet your voice is still in control. calm as usual. you heard him chuckle. He released his hand from your shoulder. he walked then sit on a swing next to you.

"thinking of something?" he smirked. what's with him and his smirked? are they in a date or what?

"why did you always answer a quetion with another quetion?" you frowned. he chuckled again. this girl is really unreadable.

"because it's fun?" he answered with a smirk. you stared at him disbelief. nuts.

"do you like this place that much? aren't you scared?" he glanced at you. you looked at the empty space in front of you.

"No. I can protect my self.." you answered in a low voice. you placed your hands on the swing chain.

"The last time I met you here, you were being attacked by a drunken man." he arrogantly said to you. his word made you sighed.

"Tell me.." you said out of nowhere. you raised your head, looked at the dark skies above.

"huh?" he wondered. he stare at your angelic yet cold face. she looks so pale. but she is still beautiful.

"what do you want from me? a few days ago you helped me. so..you want a pay? " you asked him, you still stared blankly at the skies. Kai astonished by your quetion.

"Ani. why so negative?" he smirked at your quetion. "and what's with that face? you look so lifeless" he continued.

"I am" you answered shortly. again, the silent situation.

"you're..such a snow." he said out of sudden. you stunned by his statment.

Kai let out a deep breath. He moved from the swing and standing in front of you. you tilted your head toward him. he reached your hand and pull you to stand up. 

"what?" you asked him confused.

"Let's go home. It's late. not safe for a girl like you." he said. that cold voice again. you sighed. 

"It's okay. i can look after my self." you said while trying to release from his hold.

Kai gave you his infamous smirk to you. He hugged you. his sudden action made you stiffened.

"what are you doing?" you struggled. you tried to escape but he tightened his hug. I have no idea that he's could be this strong.yeah, he's a boy after all.

he burried his head on the crock of your neck. his breath felt so hot agints your skin. It's warm.

"see? you can't even do anything. if you're too stubborn, you might get eaten" he whisper in your ears. you calmned your face. after he released his hug from you, you gave him a cold stare.

"" you muttered, he chuckled. you felt so annoyed yet you can't do anything.

"now, go home. that's your car right?" he pushed you towards your car. after you entered your car. you started driving your car slowly. he gave you a wave. you stared at your rearview mirror car. you only saw his back figure that slowly walked away. you inheal a deep breath. bad..this is bad.

 

You threw yourself to the bed while your eyes closing. then you open it slowly. stared at the ceiling blankly.

What is love? how does it feel?

You quetioned yourself, yet you didn't get an aswer. without you noticed you fell asleep after the long thought.


 


"Should we warn her hyung? what do you think?" Sehun asked luhan while tapping his index finger on the table. Luhan was reading his book, he looked at sehun briefly then turned his head back to the book and flipped the page.

"We have no right to do that Sehun-ah." Luhan said. Sehun messed his hair depressed.

"but hyung-" sehun tried to explain but he was being cut off by the older boy. Luhan closed his book.

"it's none of our business sehun-ah. and why do you care? do you like her or what?" Luhan asked suspiciously. 

"A-ani hyung. It's not like that. no. It's just kai--" Sehun stuttered while he answering his hyung quetion.

"and who do you think are we? his brothers? yoora will get mad if she know about your silly plan." Luhan said while patting sehun's back.

Hyojin walking toward them with a smile plastered on her face.

"what are you guys talking about? tell hyojin~ by the way you guys so early today." Hyojin placed her bag on her desk behind luhan's. then he sit on the chair.

"It's nothing hyojin. yes, we came half an hour ago" Luhan answered her with a smile.

"Where's unni? she hasn't come yet." Hyojin looked at her watch. 7:50 AM. why hasn't she come? is she sick? 

Then you entered the class. you look so tired. They looked at your direction. their face suddenly brightened.

"Unni! you late~ " Hyojin yelled while clinging onto your hand.

"I thought you won't come~" sehun said. he gave you a goofy grin. She looks pale. is she okay?

"I overslept." you simply said.

"ayy~ did you dreamt about me last night huh?" Sehun asked you full of cockiness. but you didn't answer him.

"yoora? gwaenchana? are you sick?"Luhan asked you with concern. hyojin tried to touch your forehead but stopped when you turned your head to another direction.

"Stop it.." you said blankly at the window. They didn't get what you mean.

"Un--" they looked at you.

"Just...stop it. Don't act so friendly to me. because It's useless. and hyojin...stop calling me 'unni'. because I'm not." with that everyone speechless.  It's not like you didn't want to be friend. but, they would just waste their energy. because it's useless. it's really are. 

 


The lunch break time. You walked to the school's rooftop. it feels so good here. you closed your eyes, enjoyed the air.

"yoora" a voice called you. you opened your eyes. stared at the view infront.

"what's it sehun?" you asked without looking back.

"did we do anything wrong to you?" you sighed. you turned your body. the wind blew softly.

you walked for a few step.

"It's not you. It's me. " you answer as you lied down. you raised your hand to avoid the sunlight. 

Sehun walked and he sit next to you. He was sure that actually, you aren't that cold-hearted person. seeing you rarely showed your annoyed face infront of everyone. When sehun teased you a lot. when Hojin annoyingly clingin onto you, when Luhan acted like a spoiled kid. cold, but warm. that was how Sehun describe you.

"what's with you? I didn't find a problem at all." Sehun frowned.

"It won't work sehun.. I.." You started to speak but your words stopped in your throat. you awakened your body. patted your blazer sleeve from the dust.

"I've left by my friends before. even my bestfriend. they left me without looking back at me you can say." You looked at the skies. I love the skies view from here. Sehun listened to you in silent.

"That's why, i thought it was just a waste. Hyojin, you and luhan. you'll do what they did. left me." you felt numb as you said those words. God, what did I do wrong? Is it okay to tell him? because..I'm tired.

Sehun looked at you. yet he just found your expresionless face. 

"and why did they leave you without a reason? we won't do such thing to you" Sehun spoke. he felt so upset.

"They scared of me..because, I'd attempted suicide when I was still in the junior highschool." Sehun gasp with your unexpected statement. And you smiled. a pathetic one.

I'm tired. so tired.