chapter 38

Beautiful Lies

Yoora

 

I opened my eyes slowly, and felt the sore feeling all around of my body. I didn't know that a little argument between me and jongin before could make a physical effect to me. I snorted sarcasticaly, why did I expect? after the strong grasped and gripped, or tight wrapped and being forced , or when he threw me on the bed then pinned my tired body, I should had known that it would make this kind of feeling. 

I fell sleep half an hour after he left this room, with the thought deep left in my mind. it was not only drained me physically, but also mentally. I stared at the window, the curtain was opened, I shifted my gaze toward the clock.11:57 PM, it read. then I realized, I woke up in the middle of night, and still wearing the bathrobe from before. about the 'woke up in the night' thing, it happened constantly to me these days. I had a bad dream. no, it was worse. Nightmare did that to me, you could say.

Everyone didn't come yet, I knew it since hyojin wasn't in the room. they're probably enjoying the time so much.

I groaned and furrowed my eyebrows in pain as I raised my body. I held my shoulder and massage it slowly, then walked to the wardrobe and took a t-shirt and short shorts as I decided to wear a comfortable clothes. 

I brushed my hair with my fingers and combined it into messy bun, but before I'd done with it, I stopped straightway, my eyes widened after I saw my reflection through the mirror. the purplish mark on my neck, more exactly.

the door swung open and I jumped before I untied my hair and brushed it down, tried to cover  the part of my neck. and then, I turned my head toward her. 

Hyojin walked in with a pout on her face. "unni~ where were you before?" I looked at her whining face, she looked so upset that I didn't keep my promise to hang out with them. 

"I was took a bath. and.... fell sleep on the bathup?" I said to her doubtly. "for fourty minutes or so." I added, I mentally cursed myself at my lame excuse. she wouldn't believe me rightway, she wasn't  that dumb for believe at that kind of excuse.

she gave me a judge stare before she said, "okay, I forgive you." or perhaps,  I was wrong, she was really that dumb.

I nodded slightly and rubbed myneck awkwardly. she raised her eyesbrow, "what's with you?" she asked me in a suspicious tone. but before she suspected me further, I turned around and climbed to the bed. "nothing..I'm sleepy." I said to her as cold as be able. 

"why were you not sleeping then?" she followed me climbing to the bed and stared at me as I lifted the blanket. "I did, but I woke up. nightmare you know." I answered with a monotone voice, and I could see she noded even I didn't look directly at her. 

I laid my body and turned to the opposite from where Hyojin body was laying. my back was facing her.

"how was the cafe?" you asked her as you stared blankly at the table that placed next to your bed. 

"good, nice, It's cool. there is a live music. baekhyun and d.o oppa sang for us." she was back to her jumpy personality again, I let out a relieved breath. her suspicios action toward me made me a bit uneasy. "they can sing?" I asked her a bit supraise. "very well. and it's awesome." she squeled and you laughed slightly.

there was a long pause, I didn't bother to asked her further. 

but instead she called me after the minutes of silency, "hey unni." 

"hm?" I answered lazily with my sleepy voice, when I wasn't really in my sleepy state. 

"do you...do you like sehun oppa?"  She asked me the quetion out of nowhere, I remained silent. I asked the same quetion to my self. do I?

 

"I like him" 

 

another long pause, she looked like in the deep thought, I started to get nervous with her introgating quetion.

"do you love him?" 

I stiffened as I heard her next quetion. it wasn't usual of her when she asked me about my love life. yeah, she would gave me her supports and advices, how I should be strong and not to become weak. or how I should try harder to love sehun instead trying to forget jongin. I cared for sehun, I liked him. but, I wasn't sure that it was the thing that called love. because when I compared it with my feeling towards jongin. it was different. very different. 

I didn't answer her in the end. left the quetion hanging. put my act, wished that she thought I was in sleep.

"is she sleeping already?" she mumbled.

I blinked slowly, I was still staring at the table, then shifted my gaze toward the clock above it. 12:25 AM.

"unni.." she called me again. 

"what is it hyojin?" I put my annoyed voice in it, she had to realize it because it was the only way to avoid her quetion.

I felt the movement behind me, the bed bonched slightly. I could felt her eyes gazed at my back. her body was turned toward mine. 

"aniya.." she whispered, she moved closer and put her left arm on me. she hugged me and she closed her eyes followed by a deep breath. " good night unni..."

 

"yeah..goodnight." 

 



 

You woke up at 9 in the morning. despite you couldn't sleep after the conversation between you and hyojin lastnight, you were sleptover. 

you rolled your body and Hyojin was still there too. you wonder if she was still tired after the long night with everyone. 

You were standing in front of the mirror after you took a bath and changed into clothes. you eyed the purplish mark on your neck. 

it didn't get any better. the color was still the same as the last time he did that to you.

.

you took the bb cream from the table and put it on the mark. you rubbed it with your fingers. 

but you gave up as the color not even near the change. you groan before you threw tha cream on the table. it made a loud thud before falling down to the floor. 

you lifted your head and covered your face with both of your hand, felt the frustation that killing you inside.

"bas...bastard..."

 



you walked downstair after you calmned yourself. the living room seemed so quiet. 

you lead yourself toward the dining room. you could hear some voices from there. 

but you stopped your track straightway as you saw Jongin was there, with Ahri sat next of him and Chanyeol sat at the opposite side from her. 

you startled a bit before you decided to go the refrigerator. 

the three turned their head toward you, "oh yoora-ya" Chanyeol exclaimed as he let a big grin plastered on his face. "annyeong unni~" Ahri greeted.

"chanyeolo oppa. hello to you too Ahri.. and kai." Chanyeol laughed as he heard you called him by that name. you gave them a quick glance before you opened the referigerator, took a bottle of soju and a glass.

you walked toward them and you sat at the opposite of jongin, you took a glimpse at him before you placed the bottle and glass on the table in front of you. 

you poured the soju and it made a gurgling sound as the liquid hit the glass. 

"oversleep?" Chanyeol asked you. you stared at him without gave him an answer, the glass was still on your mouth, you gulped and left the half soju in your glass. "yeah" you answered him and gulped the rest. 

"it's still early in the morning and you drin- yah! what is that?" he raised both of his eyebrows and pointed his index finger toward your neck.

"what?" you touched it with your palm, and realized it soon. "oh." you simply said as you poured another liquid to your glass. "I got hit by something" you said as you took a secret glimpse toward jongin that, unfortunately, he already stared at you. 

"really? on your neck? but it looks like....em.." he asked you with a suspicious tone in it. you let out a small laugh. "yeah. that's it. what do you expect oppa? A good looking vampire called Edward Cullen sneaked into my room and bite me?" chanyeol grinned as you said it and you raised your eyebrows. 

"I don't mind if a y vampire like Bella swan did it too me though." His teeth was showed as he laughed madly, you laughed at his silly answer. so did Ahri. and jongin just snorted, not at chanyeol's answer, but at yours. because he knew it well the cause of the mark on your neck.

"Oh unni.." Ahri called you and you gave her a glance before you gulped your drink, motioned her to continue. "I just found out that you ever had a relationship with kai oppa." you stiffened a bit but in a seconds later you were back to your normal state. you placed your glass next to the bottle. 

Chanyeol swallowed his saliva, and jongin just stared at you as he leaned his back on the chair. he didn't bother to give a respond. you were sure that even Ahri went to ask him, he didn't answer.

"why?" you folded both of your hand together, "it bothers you?" you raised one of your eyebrows, you shifted your gaze toward jongin, and found his ambigous smirk.

chanyeol nudged your hand with his elbow silently. 

"a-ani" she mumbled before she lifted her head. "I'm glad enough.. glad about the fact that you're the one who help me to back together with kai oppa." she smiled. she always smile sweetly.. one of hundred reasons that was irritating you. 

you stared at her for minutes, you took the bottle and for the nth time poured it to the glass. "kai oppa." you whispered to yourself and snorted. loud enough for them to hear. 

"don't pretend as a strong girl Ahri-ah.." you smiled at her. "I know it bothers you..but don't worry.." you touched the glass and stared at it blankly,

"ah. unni I didn't-"

"our relationship wasn't like that..he desn't love me, oh wait, he didn't even love me back then. we didn't love each other." you gripped your glass and lifted your head, stared at Ahri then jongin. "it was just a joke between friend you know. all of it, it was just a game...right kai-ssi?" 

he stared at you, you could feel his cold-piercing stare that he gave to you. his eyes back to the dark, the color that often you saw these day. 

Chanyeol's eyes was wide, he was scared. but he could do nothing by the way. he looked at you then jongin then at you, he did that repeatedly, waited for something that maybe happened after this. 

 

"yeah. it was just a game." jongin said in his deep husky voice. 

 

your heart tightened as you heard it, it was the patethic reality that came out directly from his own mouth. another painful fact, but it was better, wasn't it? than those lies that he told you before

you gripped your glass tighly, your palm was became pale because of the pressure. 

you lifted up your glass, ready to drink it. 

"yoora-ya it's enough.." chanyeol said softly. he held your wrist and you gazed coldly at his hand, soon, he released you half-heartedly. 

you gulped your drink in one shot, before put it on the table again. 

"see? you don't have to worry.." you smiled at Ahri, this time you smile at her sincerely. she forced herself to smile at you and nodded doubtly. 

Chanyeol rubbed his nape, you smiled at him too but he didn't bother to smile back. You stared at jongin for the last time, he gazed at you, not at your eyes, just at the empty space infront of him. 

you raised from your chair and walked away from there. sighed silently before went to upstair. 

 

jongin was still in his silency, still sat at his chair. he was still staring at the empty space in front of him, the space where you sat before.



 

I'm back~ I don't have any insipiration dude~ I'm sorry. 

My brother will get married soon, so we, me and my family are very busy for the preparation~

by the way, enjoy! subscribe and comment! :D