chapter 1

Beautiful Lies

Yoora

Being rich and being a daughter of a elite family.  when my parents went overseas to work and left me to live with my brother. They wiould be home just one time in a month. can you tell me what so good about that? when they came back, they would told me that they miss me. Lie. That they care about me. Lie. That they will do anything for me and my brother. another lies.

that day, I was moving to a new house. I'd no idea what was the reason. perhaps, because I and my brother always make a lot of troubles? just say so.

I didn't have a friend. I prefer drowned myself in some of books rether than hanging out with those people who talked behind my back. there was a time they tried to aprroach me but ended leaving me anyway after they heard about the rumour that spreaded about my past. beside that, I didn't have any interest to find a friends.I find it Useless.

"yoora" My brother voice interrupted my thought. he knocked the door before opened it slowly. he smiled softly to me.

I gave him a look as a reply, without moving an inch. stared at his wounded face. 

"Am I disturbing you?" he walked and sat at the corner of my bed. looking at me with a concern.

"no. what's that?" I looked at his face, there's a little blood on the corner of his lip. I guess he was fighting again. I streched my hand and touched it slowly. and he flinched a bit as the impact.

"it's not a big deal, it doesn't hurt at all." he said with a small smile while holding my hand. 

"really? lie. I'm not a kid and i know it hurts" I scoffed as I asked him flatly. he chuckled and patting my head.
"Fight for yourself yoora-ya, then you'll be a strong girl. Promise me, even if it hurts so much you'll never cry" he said in a low voice. then he sighed. I nodded slowly. pretend to knowladge what he said to me

" I wanna give you this..." I give him a -what is that-  look.

"a car key. mother sent it yesterday. this if for you, a new one. okay, i wanna take my leave. excuse me." he winked at me before he turned away and walked towards the door. I stared at my hand, at the key my brother gave to me. 

"ah! I forget, tomorrow you have to school, at your new school so..yeah don't be nervous" he said while closing the door. Nervous?  it didn't like I care.

after the long thought, I rose up from my position and  take my clothes in the wardrobe then changed. I wear a Tee and covered it with a bigsize shirt without buttoned it. matched with my white skinny jeans and my shoes.

 

I grab my key from the bed, and going to garage. I sighed, wondering if my brother going out again. I didn't find his car parked. sometime, I started to think that it'll be good if my parents here. Then I shouldn't have to see my brother have a lot of scars when he back home. only if they care.  

I drove my car around the town. and there's a park that catch my sight. I stopped then parked my car. I loosened the seatbelt and looked at my watch. 11.27 PM.  there's not much people around, I walking and found a swing. I sat there in silence.  that night was so freezing, the wind blew my long hairs.

"Stand up!" I was shocked. I look at the two people behind me. seems like they're in fight. I couldn't see clearly, some lamps was off, and it blurred everything in front of me.

my eyes widenend that it was not a teenager whose fight.

the drunken man catch the little boy by his collar then punch him.

"Stop it!" the boy tried to give him a fraigle punch but failed. he fell on the ground.

I run to them. tried to split them but the man pushed me and punch me at my chin.  

I give him a strong kick "this is for pushing me!" then i hit him in the stomach "and this is for punching me" he collapsed then I help the boy. I didn't join any club in school, not taekwondo, not karate, but I defenitely learn some moves, to at least, protect myself.

"are you okay?" I asked him, the boy shivered in fear as I walked closer to him before he decided to run away. 

then, suddenly the man awake then grabbed me by the collar.

"huh. a little girl. are you trying to dare me?" then he slapped me rappidly until i collapse. left me breathless and left my cheek burning. he tried to step on me but suddenly someone stopping him and grab the man. the last moment I saw was the boy knocked down the man and made his way towards me.

"hey---okay?" a deep husky voice said. I tried to open my eyes, but it feels so hard and heavy. my body hurt so much. someone shoke my body slowly. All i can see is a siluet of a boy with a cap and black hoodie.

"hey..are you okay?" he asked again. his voice doesn't showing a concern even a bit. so monotone. toneless,  flat. and cold.

"urts.." i tried to speak but it feel even worse than before. I tried to blink to make my vision clearer.

"what?" he said. that cold voice asked me.

"it hurts.." was the last words I said before I out.

a few minutes later I awakened. where am I? I realized that I was sitting inside my car, leaning against the driver seat.  I found a bottle and a pain killer on my hand. who ga--- ah, that boy. where is he? I opened my car and stepped out from it and explored my eyes to find him, and tha was the worst choise and I ended up limbing before I fell. tomorrow I have to go to school. and my brother will nag at me. bad luck.

I looked at the park again for the last tim and didn't find a sign of that boy. and started to drove my car back home.