chapter 23

Beautiful Lies

"really?!" Chanyeol widened his eyes. it was like his eyes would pops out anytime soon. "I mean it's...really..really..she's really back?!" he asked disbeliefly.

"hum" Jongin answered him shortly as he took a sip of his drink.

of course he would wrong when it was about Ahri. the girl that always took his mind fully. 

Song Ahri. She's still beautiful as always. the pure and innocent look she has. how could he frorget about it?

"She bumped into yoora. and I was standing behind her and that's when I realized it was her." Jongin said he envisaged his mind about the incident before.

"so she met Ahri?" Kris asked calmly as he stared at jongin. examined his friend's face. Jongin remained silent. 

the others gasped. imagined that maybe something bad happened.

"then what happened after that? was they fighting? or..or..hitting each other face?" Baekhyun asked curiously. 

Jongin sighed.

"no." jongin aswered uninterested. "they are just..fine.." Jongin continued as he sighed. 

"wow really?" baekhyun asked again. he exchanged a glanced to his other friends. 

"then what will you do rightnow?" Kris asked him as he took his drink and gulped it. "about ahri." he continued. jongin looked like he was in a deep tought.

"don't know" he stared at his hands. everyone just remained silent as they looked at his bestfriend. they knew jongin just confused as the girl that always be his reason was here. now. around him.

"I don't know hyung." he added.



you were sitting at your chair with Hyojin at your class. that was the lunch time. and everyone rush out to the canteen as the bell rang.

Sehun and Luhan decided to the canteen by themselves as you said that you weren't at the good mood. 

you rested your chin at your right palm as your left hand tapped the pen repeatedly. 

your mind was trailing at previous moment at the corridor.

"what happened unni?" Hyojin asked you. you snapped back to the reality when you heard her high pithed voice.

"ah. nothing. it's just.. I got a fight with my brother this morning." you said as you brushed your hair with your fingers.

"and why is that?" Hyojin held your arm. she looked at you with a concern.

"he'll go to japan. well, yeah.. you know..my parents' will." you said as you let out a bitter smile. Hyojin nodded understandly. 

 

"yoora unni!" a girl voice called you.

you turned your head and you saw her standing at the door as she waving at you.

Ahri walked toward you. she plasterred a smile. everyone in your class stared at her in awe.

"unni, can you take me to go around the school? you promise me before.beside, I don't ave any friend yet" she said to you. Hyojin furrowed her eyebrows.

you let out a breath. you felt a pang in your heart. am I always that nice? even to this girl.

Ahri turned her head to hyojin as she nodded. and hyojin replied her bow.

"I'm Hyojin." hyojin said shortly.

"Annyeong..I'm Song Ahri." she said innocently. hyojin widened her eyes. then she turned her eyes to you.

you sighed deeply. 

"I really am insane" you muttered. you stood up from the chair, began to leave the class when suddenly hyojin held your arm.

"what the hell actually happened?" hyojin gritted her teeth.

you gave her a small smile.

"I'll tell you later." you simply said. "come on" you added and Ahri nodded.

 

you walked around the school with her. you showed her all of the section of the builiding.

you didn't know what's the reason you did it. might be, just might be, you want to know what kind of girl that jongin fell love for. you didnt know.

the only thing you knew, if you did it longer than that. you would get hurt. again. 

"unni, are you always like this?" she asked you suddenly. you only spoke when you told her what was the room or office name.

you stared at her with your cold ice. gave her -what do you mean- look.

"silence. you know..I'm a bit.." she scratched her tample that wasn't itchy.

"em. I'm indeed like this." you simply said. made her relieved. and smiled.

"I thought..you hate me." she said timidly. you didn't answer her statment. 

 

"this is canteen you can see" you finally said. she nooded and amazed.

there were so much peoples arounds. laughing, eating, or just sitting there with their friends.

"don't you want to buy anyting to eat? you've accompanied me all along. you must be hungry" Ahri said as she dragged you.

"nah. I'm okay" you coldly said. as you walked toward vanding machine.

you pressed the button, and a can of moccachino fell from it. 

you took a sip of your drink as you explored your eyes around the canteen. you stiffened a bit when you saw a bunch of peoples you knew walked toward you.

"well well well. look who's here~" soojung sing songed. she blew her bangs. 

jongin stared at you then to ahri. your heart tightened suddenly.

Ahri taken back by the situation then she choosed to standing behind you. 

what happened? you frowned as you glanced at her.

"yoora-ya, why are you with her?" soojung pointed her index finger to ahri in disgust.

"soojung." Jongin warned. Soojung rolled her eyes and she flipped her bangs.

"she was lost before. I just helped to go around this school." you said coldly. avoided Jongin's gaze.

Kris stared at you. you knew what the mean of his look. 

'I'm fine' you mouthed him. then he nodded slightly.

"soooo~ you friend her? tsk. you'll regret it soon yoora-ya, she will stabbed you. " she emphasized the last words as she glanced at Ahri.

"soojung." Jongin said with his cold voice . it was suddenly tensed up. 

"what?! am I wrong? look at her innocent face of her. uh-oh I mean fake innocent face. in the past, she-"

"it's enough soojung." Kris gripped her shoulder from behind. he tried to control soojung from the anger. She cleary remembered about what happened in the past. Ahri, or you can called soojung's formed bestfriend. when she stabbed behind everyone's back. then she just left like that. 

she glared at Ahri. everyone at the canteen began to stared at Ahri gripped strongly to your uniform. you stared at you shoulder. you could feel her fearness. what actually happenend? you repetedly asked yourself. 

"don't you want to say anything..Ahri?" Jongin said finally. his voice still calm as ever. her name that came out from his lips made your heart clenched. 

"look, she even doesn't dare to look at you oppa." soojung added. She sighed. everyone shook their head at soojung behaviour. by the look of soojung's hatred towards Ahri they didn't believe that soojung and Ahri were bestfriend when they're still in junior high school. 

"didn't I tell you to stop?" Jongin looked at soojung. he didn't even shout. but darkness of his eyes was the most intimidated things everyone knew.

"ugh. fine!" she gave up finally.

just when soojung shut , the bell rang nicely. everyone in there began to move to their own class. 

"Ahri-ah! you wanna go to class together?" a wavy hair girl called ahri. that girl obviously her classmate. 

Ahri turned her head then she nodded. 

she then stared at you. "thankyou unni.." She bowed lightly. you remained silent.

"unni?" soojung raised her eyebrows, mocking at that word. Ahri took a glimpse at her and he bowed to everyone. 

She jogged toward her friend and left you there.

"come on guys, you don't wanna be late." Kris said as he walked then he patted your head. everyone followed him as they waved at you and walked away.

you sensed that someone still stood in front of you. he walked closer to you. closer enough till you could smelt his scent.

you looked at Jongin with the cold eyes of yours. 

"leave here alone." you could hear his husky voice whispered on your ear. then he took a step backward. you smirked annoyingly to him. 

"just don't mind me jongin-ah." you said simply. just in time you turned around to leave that place, that person gripped your wrist.

"I don't mind you. I mind her" his stated. your heart tightened and you felt a pang in there. of course he'll mind her right?

you tried to struggle from his grip but you failed to release.

you scoffed at his action then you stared at that dark eyes. those eyes that used to look softly at you, became this cold. whose fault?

"are you afraid?" you asked him. those smirk still plastered at your lips. "are you afraid that I'll do bad things to her?" you asked him.

"really? there's a thing that you afraid of?" you added. you stared at your wrist and it was became redden as jongin tightened his grip.

"just. leave. her. alone." jongin gritted his teeth. you became dizzy because of the pressure. but you calmned yourself.

"told her." you said coldly. he frowned at your words.

"told her to leave me alone, because when you told me to leave her, you know what jongin?" you clenched your jaw. jongin remained silent.

"It's useless" you didn't lie. it's useless if he told you to did it. Ahri's the one that always tried to find you today. not you.

you yanked your hand harshly. you held your wrist that felt like burned. he stared at it too but he didn't even show his guilt.

you turned around and walked away from there. heading toward your class.

is he even human? 

I can't believe it. I can't believe that he's the boy...I fell for.

 



 

Am I fassst~? actually, the comments's always gave me a motivation to write fastly~ :D thankyou^^