chapter 12

Beautiful Lies

The two of you were in jongin's car. he remained silent for a whole time. you glanced at him then at the road. you let out a deep breath.

"Jongin. are you that mad?" you turned your head over him and asked him. he still focused on the road. not even looking at you once.

"I'm not mad. just tell me, what actually happened?" he asked you deparetely.

you held his left hand.

"I told you right? it's just my clumsiness. don't you believe in me?" you scanned his face. but it didn't change a bit. 

"okay then. just whatever." you finally gave up and turned your head. he sighed and stared at you.

"so now, you're the one who mad? let's forget about it okay? this is our first date. i don't want to ruin it" he said and patted your head. you looked at his direction and smiled.

Jongin didn't tell you where you were going. he always said that it was a secret. typical jongin.

but a few minutes later the car stopped in parking lot. you explored your eyes and remembered something. isn't this a lotte world? It's been a while since the last time I went here. Jongin read your facial expression and he smiled with a satifaction.

"let's go!" he said. you knew that you weren't a kid anymore but it made you felt excited even you didn't show it.

He interwined your hand, and the two of you walked in. you entered the shops and looked around for a while. He put an animal ear headband on your crown.

"Jongin, I don't want to wear it." you said and held his wrist.

"why? it suits you." he chuckled, and fixed it. you chickled along with him.

you and jongin explored the lotte world, until it made your feet felt sore. but even if it was like that, it made you extreamly happy.

jongin stared at you and he knew you were tired. he held your hand and dragged you.

you stopped in front of a giant feriss wheel. he smiled at you and dragged you to the queue.

few minutes later was your turn. Jongin let you entered first, and he followed you. 

You and jongin were sitting face to face. 

"you're tired right?" he asked you and you amazed that he knew.

"not really." you said to him and he chuckle.

"liar." he laughed and flicked your forehead. you gave him a glare and you standup tried to took revenge but he held you instead. 

"yah don't move around!" you almost fell but held your waist. you put your hand on his shoulder to support your body.

"scary" you stiffened.

"it's your fault silly" he giggled and you rolled your eyes. you planned to sit back on your seat but he tighten his hold instead.

you stared at him and gave him a -what the hell- look.

he wrapped his arms around your waist and leaned his head on your stomach. 

"jongin?" you asked him softly.

"hm?" he muttered. you look down and all you could see was his crown and his soft hair. 

"what are you doing? you asked him again. he kept silent for a while.

"I'm hugging you." you let out a deep breath and you touched his dark hair. you caressed it slowly. 

he released one of his hand and held your hand.

he look up to see your face and he smiled. he put your hand on his cheek and he kissed your palm slowly.

*clack*

a boy opened the door and stared at the two of you.

"I'm sorry for disturbing miss, but the time has ended." he bowed as he said it.

Jongin held your hand and he dragged you.

The skies was dark, but the lamps shining. it was even more beautiful in the night.

you walked toward the parking lot and entered the car. Jongin slammed his door and put on the seatbelt.

you had a nice conversation with him. it wasn't awkward. you let out a chuckled several times because of his lame jokes.

He stopped infront of your gate. 

"thankyou." you said as you touched the car door knob. but jongin held your hand. and you looked at him.

"wait" he said and he reached his hand toward the back seat passanger and took a liitle box.

he opened it and put something on your hand.

"it's.. for me?" you asked him.

"you don't want it?" he smirked at you.

"jongin.." you stared at him. you leaned and you gave him a peck on his lips.

"thankyou, it's beautiful. really." you smiled. and he let out a relieved breath.

"It's late. just go in." he said as he caressed your cheek with his thumb.

you nodded and got out from his car. you waved at him and entered your house.

 



 

Sehun was walking at the corridor. he looked down and rubbed his temple slowly. 

he glanced straight ahead.  he startled a bit as he saw jongin walking toward him.

Jongin smirked and he stopped his track beside sehun.

"Don't be so nervous sehun-ah" Jongin said and his smirk faded away as his face became as cold as ice.

"what do you plan to do to her?" sehun clanched his teeth.

"what do you mean sehun?" he said mockingly.

"you know exactly what I mean." Sehun stared at him dangerously.

"then, answer it by yourself. see you around..." he put his hand on Sehun shoulder. "..brother" he continued his sentence as he patted Sehun's shoulder.

Jongin walking straight without looking back.

"damn" Sehun muttered.

that guy..he's serious. 

 


you walked with hyojin and saw the crowd infront of the bulletin board.

"what is that?" hyojin said curiously. she pulled your hand and approached the crowd.

'SM Highschool Dance Festival' you continued reading it till the end. and you smiled as you saw the names you knew.

you turned around and walked from there.

you stopped as you saw jongin leaned his back again the wall. he smirked at you and you shooked your head.

you walked toward him.

" I thought you don't want everyone knows that you can dance?" you asked as you stopped in front of him. you crossed your arm on your chest.

"I don't want to show it to everyone." he said as he stand up straight. "I want to show it to you" he continued as he put his wrist on your shoulders and his palms was hanging.

"cih. flirty" you said as touched his chest with your index finger. he chuckled.

The fastival day was 1 week remained. you accompanied him everytime when he had praticed with . 

sometime you would bring a snacks for everyone. you just sat there with an earphone plunged on your ears.

you were never bored to did it. Everyone was so friendly to you. espcially Kris and Baekhyun.

You enjoyed yourself as well as when you were with Sehun, Luhan and Hyojin. rightnow, your life seems perfect. 

 

Today was the D-day. and you got even more nervous then Jongin.

"your hands are so wet. are you that nervous?" Jongin messed your hair and you snapped his hand.

"yah." you fixed your hair and glared at him. 

he helped you to fix your hair then he caressed your cheek.

he stared at you and gave you a peck.

"I'll go first." he smiled . you nodded and then he turned around and walked away.

You walked to the seat infront of the stage. the room was so dark, only the stage that  the show started as the opening was showing. Hyojin claping her hands rapidly like a kid.

"woah unni look at that, it's cool~" Hyojin shoted excitedly. he shooked your arms. 

"hyojin-ah stop it." you said, but she didn't listen to you.

Hyojin shouted non-stoply in every performance, even she didn't know who was those peoples.

Sehun and Luhan was the next perfomers. They looked totally amazing. you didn't know that they were a skilled dancer. 

Sehun stared at your direction and you gave him a thumbs up.

 

You glanced at the side of the stage and saw jongin stood there. it was his turn. 

he took a glimpse and smiled. you smiled back at him.

"kyaaa it's jongin oppa!" Hyojin jumped up and down. 

you saw his facial expression changed as he entered the stage. he looked serious yet his seriousness was teased everyone that look at him.

he smirked for a second before he started his dancing. the dance was so powerful. yet it still beautiful. 

you stunned and couldn't take away your eyes from him. it's different from the practice he did.

the girls behind you was screaming like a mad person. you let out a deep breath.

the ending of his performence was making everyone screamed.

you walked toward the backstage to meet jongin. you explored the backstage with your eyes yet you didn't find him.

someone patted your shoulder and you turned around. 

Kris was stood there.

"expecting someone else?" he smirked and put his left arm around your shoulder. you sighed at him.

"how was our performance?" he asked you and you stared at him.

"cool?" you answered hesistantly. he pinched your cheek. you struggled and he put his arm around your neck.

"oppa! it hurts!" you held his wrist but he didn't release you. he laughed at you.

"hyung." A voice heard. you and kris turned your head and saw jongin with his cold voice.

"Oh jongin." Kris said awkwardly. he released his arm from you.

"can you leave us alone?" Jongin said as he gripped your hand.

"sure" Kris said as he walked away from you. 

"Jongin, wha-" he cut your words and he dragged you to the corner instead.

he trapped you on the wall and stared in your eyes.

"damn it! what are you trying to do with kris hyung?" he gritted his teeth as he asked you.

"what the. i didn't do anything. calm down everyone is staring." you answer him in a cold voice.

"do you think I'll remain calm if I see you with another guy?" his eyes was like a knife, stabbed through your eyes.

"cut that crap, it's just kris. are you jealous or what?!" you started to get irritated.

"I do! and A lot! are you satisfied now?" he loss his strength from his words and he let out a deep breath.

you tried to read his face. but he looked down.

"jongin.." you said softly to him. you cupped his face, but he still looked down.

"I'm sorry." he said again in a low voice.

you raised his head to facing you.

"jongin. listen to me." you started. you inhale a breath.

"When I changed schools, I met you. ah, no. that night I met you. It's the first time I've met someone like you. and it's dangerous for me because you're more than I expected. Because of you, I don't feel sad, I don't feel the painful emotion that suffocate me." you stopped your words for a while. 

"Jongin, I like you so much. so, Thankyou." you continued bravely. that was the first time you let someone knew about what inside your heart. that was your true feeling after all. it didn't hurt to confess your feelings towards someone that important to you right?

Jongin stared at you in silence. his eyes looked so sad. a very sad. why?

he grabbed your hand and pulled you into his embrace. 

"jongin?" you asked him. he tightened his embrace.

"let's stay like this for a while. I just feel like it." he muttered on your crown. you wrapped your hands on his waist.

Jongin closed his eyes and he caressed your long hair slowly.

"let's sneak out just the two of us." he released his hug and facing you.

"but my bag, I left it with hyojin." you said to him.

"okay, take it. I'll get  change of my clothes. I'll meet you at the practice room in ten minutes." you nooded. he walked to the practice room and brought his bag with him.

you turned around and saw hyojin. you called her. and she jogged toward you.

she handed your bag in a rush. and you frowned.

"I have to meet someone unni. see ya!" she said and run hurriedly. 

you smiled when you walked toward the practice room. you always smile everytime you remember him.

Perhaps, he wants to do something different. All my life, this is the first time..

I've met someone whom I've loved this much. It's like a once-in-a-lifetime miracle. That's why he was so important to me.

you were at silent corridor. you walked heading toward jongin's practice room. but you stopped as someone grabbed your arm.

"are you going to meet him?" Sehun asked you. his face was very serious. "that guy." he continued.

"yeah..I am." you confused by his sudden act.

"no. Don't go." He warned you.


Jongin changed his clothes into the T-shirt. he walked toward the mirror and found his reflection.

he stared deeply at himself. 

slowly, he sat down and leaned his back againts the mirror. 

he looked at his palm, then he closed his eyes and raised his head. he opened his eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling.

"soon, it'll be game over." he looked down and let out a deep breath. 

 


Sorry for the late update. it was because of my collage stuff and yeah the practicum made me so depressed TT-TT