chapter 21

Beautiful Lies

you were inside Sehun's car. he picked you up 5 minutes ago with a bright smile plastered on his face.

you were in your date as you promised to Sehun yesterday. 

even he told you that it was just gonna be a 'friend date' you felt a bit uneasy. it's all because you knew that Sehun has a feeling for you. and you don't want to give him a high hope.

"yoora!" sehun called you. you flinched by his voice. you turned your head toward him.

"what?" you asked him with your pokerface. he stared at you and raised one of his eyebrows. then turned his hear to the road again.

" what 'what' ? I called you for a 7th time already." he chuckled.

"really? I'm sorry." you said. feel sorry about it.

"nah, it's okay. is there something that disturbing your mind?" he asked you again. more like corious.

"not really." you gave him a small smile. "by the way, where are we going?" you looked at the outside of window. the road was so crowded. Seoul always like that evertime weekend came.

"it's secret." he said playfully. you stiffened by his answer.

 

"​It is secret" he put his index finger on his lips.

jongin face suddenly flashed and his voice echoing on your mind. you closed your eyes to erase that thought.

 

Sehun looked at you because of the sudden silence. he frowned.

"yoora? what's wrong?" he felt worried suddenly. he stopped the car on the side of the road.

you didn't answer him. 

"are you sick?" sehun said as he loosened his seatbealt.

"no no. it's okay. " you looked up and give him a small smile. he let out a deep breath. he of course didn't believe that you're okay.

"let's go back." he said with his serious face. he spinned the wheel.

"No sehun. I'm really okay." you hold his hand. you kind of felt wrong if you just let him to do that. 

you knew that he tried so hard to cheer you up. and you didn't wanna make him dissapointed.

you're such a good friend sehun. I'm glad I have you by my side.

"don't you want to make me happy? hm?" you and give him a smile.

he flushed suddenly by your quetion.

"y-yah! who said that I want to make you happy?" he stuttered. his ears became red. obviously he felt embrassed.

"is that so? is that just my imagine? I thought, not really long ago someone told me that he-" you said as you being cutted by sehun.

"Okay okay just stop it yoora." he said without looking at you. Sehun avoid to make any eye contact with you. you chuckled by his cuteness.

I wonder if I fell in love with this person instead.

 

Sehun parked his car and got out from it.

he then opened the door for you. you stopped at the cafe.

sometime when you drove, you would take a glimpse at this cafe but never visited this place.

this cafe looks so fancy. 

"you like coffe so much right? that's why I take you here." Sehun said as he pulled the chair backward and let you sat there.

"how do you know?" you asked him disbelief.

"I have my ways" he said as he winked at you. you scoffed at his answer.

the waiters walked toward you and she handed a menu to you.

you flipped the page and found your favorite.

"caramel frapucinno please" you looked up to her and she wrote it on her note. 

"make it two." Sehun said. he closed the menu and gave it back to the waiters.

"caramel frapuccino two, right?" The waiters repeated our order. you nodded slightly.

"okay. please wait for a moment " She smiled then she turned around and walked.

you looked at sehun direction and raised your eyebrows.

and Sehun know what you want to talk about.

"it's really not that I like sweet drink. it's just I want to try it to you know." He pouted cutely.

"okay." you smirked. 

5 minutes later the orders came and the waiters placed it in front of you. 

you bacame impatient suddenly. you stared at it but tried to remain calm as ever.

Sehun stared at you and he held back his laugh. 

when the waiters walked away, you instantly slurped your drink. the ice melted inside your mouth.

"wah, this is good." you said amazed.

"told you so" Sehun said satisfied. 

 

a jingle could be heard whenever a customer came inside the cafe.

a girl with tall figure come in as she walked straight to the cashier.

"Mochaccino please" She said. she lifted up her sunglass. 

she then turned her body to explored the place with her eyes.

She caught a figure she knew. her eyes lighted up.

"Sehunnie? is that you?" She said half shouted. 

you and sehun instantly turned your head towards the voice owner.

you scanned her from head to toe.she's pretty.

"Jaein noona!" Sehun stood up and he waved at the girl. Jaein walked toward the place where you and sehun sat.

"it's been along time~ you become more handsome since the last time I saw you." She sing songed. and sehun just laughed. you stood up awkwardly with your pokerface still on.

"oh and this girl?" She said and stared at you. you bowed slightly.

"this is my friend noona. her name is yoora." He introduced you with a grin.

you lend out your hand and smile lightly. "I'm park yoora." you said shortly.

"oh a 'friend' huh?" She teased Sehun and his face became red. "I'm Jaein. Kim Jaein."she welcomed your hand.

She stared at you for a couple times. you knew, and you still didn't felt intimadation at all

She frowned a bit. Your face looked familiar to her.

"Yoora-ssi, do I know you from somewhere? you look a bit familiar to me" She stapped her chin and you stared at the girl infront of you.

Sehun flinched by her statement.

"do you? I don't know" you said with a straight face. Jaein gigled, found that you're actually cute. 

"miss, your order already served." The cashier called her.

"oh, yes." She said as she walked to take her order.

she paid it and walked back to you and sehun.

"seems like I've to go." She said with an eye smile. Sehun nodded. "nice to meet you yoora-ssi" She added again. and you nooded.

She walked away while carrying the plastic bag with her.

in the half pf her way she suddenly stop. and turned aroung.

"Sehunnie, if you have a time, visit our house okay. don't you think that jongin maybe kind of miss you?" She asked bluntly. 

you stiffened and stared blankly at her. Sehun was in a long silent, he stared at you and rubbed the back of her neck.

Jaein looked at your direction, examined your face and saw you stiffened.

right, it was this girl. the picture. Jaein chuckled.

"maybe next time noona" Sehun finally said.

Jaein nooded "see you around." she waved and walked out from there.

you were still stared at the door. 

"she is Kai's noona." Sehun said hesistantly. he worried that maybe that meeting made you felt uncomfortble.

Kim Jongin. Kim Jaein. of course.



 

Jongin sat on his couch. a headphone tucked on his ears.

there was a knock on his door. but he didn't hear it because of the music was in max volume.

Jaein bursted in to his brother room. 

Jongin stared at the figure that walked in to his room.

"what do you want?" He asked coldly. Jaein chuckled and he messed his brother's hair. the she took a seat face to face with him.

Jaein stared at his brother for a long time. and jongin felt more irritated.

"what?" he frowned and he removed his headphone. and hanged it on his neck.

"I met sehun today." She said cheerfuly. He gave her a look.

"He looks more handsome now. he was with a girl" She continued. 

"so?" Jongin raised one of his eyebrows. found it that it was not really his bussiness.

there was a long silence. 

"her name is yoora." She continued her sentence. 

Jongin silent suddenly. Jaein knew she hit the spot. she smirked and satisfied with her work.

nothing came out from jongin mouth. he was in a deep thought.

"that girl, she was the one on your phone right?"She asked. "So, I see she's been stolen by sehun?" She scoffed and jongin remained silent.

"I don't care. didn't I tell you that she was just a girl." Jongin finally said.

"gezz, why are you being so cold? how can I crush that pokerface?!" Jaein said depressed.

"beside, it's good then if she was with sehun. sehun need more experience" jongin stared at his sister.

another silent. jongin put on his headphone again.

"oh~~ is that so?" She raised up from her sit. "you know, you life for a reason. you life rightnow aren't for your past. but your future." She said and stared to her brother.

jongin's eyes was closed. acted like he listening the music.

"I know you heard me jongin-ah." She said and let out a deep breath.

she walked away from him and held the door knob. 

it'll be interesting. Jaein smirked walked out and shut the door behind her.

as his sister came out jongin opened his eyes. 

he was in a deep thought. he removed his headphone and threw it on the floor harshly.

feels pissed.