chapter 28

Beautiful Lies

"you're nuts unni" Hyojin eyed you. she leaned her right shoulder againts the locker. her arms crossed on her chest.

you didn't answer her. you counted your books and put it into your locker. She waited you for responding. 

you took out another books and you closed the locker harshly. and you could see her face stared at you. her left eyebrow lifted.

"I know." you said coldly as you walked passed her. you called her yesterday, and you regret it in a seconds because she bombarded you with so much quetion. and you decided to hang up.

this morning, even before you entered to the class, Hyojin already standing beside your locker. 

you ignored her because you just didn't want to discuss that topic.

"If I were you, I won't let him pass just like that and found his happiness. He has to pay what he takes from you. he's a devil unni! why are you..aish jinjja!"  Hyojin's high-pitched voice rang around the class. catched the other students. She blew her bangs. stressed at what you did yesterday.

yesterday, after you back to your class and started the lesson, you didn't concentrate at all. your eyes glued at the teacher but your mind wasn't there.

it's hard for you to admit that you accepted it whole-heartly. you might be cold, straight forward, stubborn. but..you were just a girl like others. you could tired angry, and hurt. you're just..you. with all of your weakness.

"I must be crazy." you muttered in the middle of the lesson. you lowered your head and let out a deep breath as you sticked your forehead on the table.

Hyojin turned her head toward you and gave you a strange look. she then sighed and softened by your tired face.

"everything's gonna be alright, unni." Yoora heard hyojin whispered to you. not to catch the teacher attention. 

you remained silent. 

yeah, hyojin-ah. everythin's gonna be alright.

 



 

"yah! oppa! you want asdfghjk?" hyojin said as she glared at Sehun that stole hyojin's bread from hand.

Sehun laughing so hard when he saw hyojin munched her bread while talking. her cheek swollen.

"what are you talking about? I don't hear you~" Sehun said. he took a big bite of hyojin bread. She widened her eye that he bread were just half of it rightnow.

hyojin swallowed hardly and she gave a death glare toward sehun.

"yah you want me to kill you huh?" hyojin grabbed sehun hairs and pulled it. sehun grinned in a pain. you thought, sometime, both of them were so immature, sometime they were more mature than you and Luhan. 

you shook your head as you saw both of them fighting over the bread.

"Hyojin-ah, sit when you're eating." Luhan said to her softly. we walked toward canteen, we already felt hungry since the last lesson. but hyojin to weak to endure it a bit longer so she decided to eat her spare upon. bread. 

you explored your eyes around the canteen. you searched the available with your eyes.

"oh, there." Luhan pointed at the empty seats that you saw before. you walked toward it and sat nicely there.

Sehun and hyojin decided to take the lunch, and insisted to you and luhan to came along. so you and luhan just sat there and waited for them to came back.

hyojin walked with sehun. She turned her head a while to take a glimpse at you. 

"yoora unni, she's impossible." hyojin muttered. she shook her head slighly. 

Sehun stared at her. and raised his eyebrows.

"what?" Sehun asked her. Hyojin sighed.

"you'll find out it soon." 

 

the four of you eating with the noise. they joke around and laughing hard. till they would spilled their food. and you just gave them disgusted look.

you were eating silently and sometime you would smiled at their action. how could you even friend them?

you saw a bunch of people walked. you stared blankly at them and stopped your eat. sehun catched it and he looked at the same direction as you. 

you could saw that Ahri and Jongin made up. they looked like they were in a good term rightnow, by the look of their closeness. 

exo explored th canteen to look for empty seats until they catched your sight. baekhyun pointed at your direction.

nice.

Ahri looked at you and a small smile plastered on her face. She walked toward you and the rest came along.

She stopped as she stood up in front of your table. Hyojin and luhan lifted up theri head and they taken back with the view.

"Annyeong yoora-ya~ Hyojin-ah~" Baekhyun waved brigthly as he did his habbit. massed up hyojin's and your hairs.

"yah!" hyojin shoted. she fixed her hair with a glare she shot toward baekhyun. baekhyun laughed. and he took a seat next to her. 

Kris looked at you uneasy. you looked at him back remained silent.

"yoora unni.." ahri called you and you shifted your gaze toward her. "thankyou.." she said with a smile. you nodded with your emotionless face. 

you catched jongin staring at you with his dark eyes. you stared back at him with your cold eyes. he didn't say a word to you. not even to Sehun. you knew, when a boys fighting, they wouldn't make up fastly. you looked away with ypr poker face on. 

"can we join you here? there's no seat left." Ahri said innocently. you didn't answer, either Hyojin and Sehun. there was a long pause untill someone finally said.

"of course. take a sit." Luhan broke the silent. he smiled to his old friends. they high-fived as they weren't do such thing in a very long time. 

"tsk, her innocent face is irritating me." hyojin mumbled and you could heard it.

"hyojin-ah." you warned her. she didn't answer and she snorted in annoyed instead. 

you didn't knew since when that table became sy noise. just the 3 people you felt that the laughs already made your ears hurt. and that was more than 5 peoples laughing.

you stood up suddenly and everyone stopped whatever they do. they stared at you. it must be weird that you had to sit with your heartbreaker in the same table. they realized it since the beginning. but, they remained silent as Ahri might be didn't know of that facts. and they wondered if you might think it was no need to tell her. they felt sorry that they couldn't do anything about it. 

you began to walk away and a voice asked you.

"where are you going?" Sehun asked you. you stared at him and you raised your eyebrows.

"toilet. you want to go with me?" you said sarcastically. Jongin smirked at your answer. you didn't change at all since the first time he met you.

"yah. what kind of girl are you?" sehun face became red. you shrugged and and turned around.. 

"ayee~" Hyojin she poked his cheek with her index finger.

Jongin stared at your figure. the figure walked away, getting far away by any second. that there was a time when your figure dissaperaed behind the walls. 

but he didn't shift his gaze. he stared at the same place. stared blankly at it, and the heaviness in his heart came back. 

jongin stood up. Sehun stared at him, he could read what's on his mind this time. he knew, everyone knew. Ahri is the exception. 

Sehun began to stood up but a hand gripped his arm. Kris pulled him and stared at the younger boy. and the boy looked at Kris annoyed.

jongin walked, to the same direction where the girl he stared before disseapeared. 

"let them." Kris simply said. Sehun calmned himself and he sat again. Sehun started to think that mightbe he had to Yoora and Jongin talked. however. Jongin was the one who hurt her the most, yet, she kindly fixed our problem from the past. the warm-hearted that placed secretly in your heart. he could felt it. and that was one of his reason. why he fell in love with you.

he sighed. 

"I'm going insaaane" Hyojin shouted out of sudden as she grabbed and pulled her hairs in depressed. everyone flinched when they heard her high pitched voice. everyone laughed and started to make fun of her. she looked like a zombie. 

"me too." Kris suddenly said and he rubbed her temple. it catched everyone attentions. Kris was the most calm person among exo. he always had poker face on. he was similar to you. that explained why both of you could get aloong very well. same habit. same action. same personality.he's the only person who could guess, what's on your mind. 



 

you splashed your face with the water that flew from the faucets. it was cold. cold enough that made you shivered. 

you turned off the water and you placed both of your hand near the sink. you support your body with you arms. and stared at your reflection.

you could see the water dripping from her chin. and part of her side hair.  the reflection's chest rose up and down. so did you.  

you inhealed a deep breath and walked out from there. 

you took in your hands into your blazer pockets.

you walked ahead then lifted your gaze. 

you stopped as you saw a black haired standing in front of you. he stared at you in silence. 

you didn't know how even this person made you dazed by the time he was catched your sight. a million time he hurt you, even the scar in your heart didn't heal yet. you should be hate him right?

"let's have a talk." the deep husky voice broke the silence.

 

hyojin-ah, can you promise me? can you promise that everything's gonna be alright like you told me?



 

the school rooftop. it always became nice to you. the summer breeze always welcomed you.

soon, the summer break would come and you would miss this place for sure.

"do you remember when we sat at swing in the park that night?" he asked you.

how could he asked you about it naturaly? that was one of the moments that you want to forget about. 

you pushed hardly not to think about it. but the scene flashed on your minds like a movie. 

and you didn't knew since when, you became hate the word 'we' that slipped from his lips. 

"I told you that you were like a snow." you heard him said. he walked then stopped next to you. stared at the same view as you. 

 

"you are such a snow"

his voice echoing on your mind. you smirked.

"that part of lies?" you asked him calmly. "I remembered it clearly. all of it." you finished your sentence. you felt a pang and your heart when you remembered how he dumped you and told you that every little thing he did was all a lie.

" you may be cold from the outside. you're stubborn. you're as strong as the stone. and I just find out that my words wasn't a lie." you listened to him. his voice wasn't that cold as used to. it was softened. a bit. just a bit. 

"you're so breakable. the opposite of your outer look." he added as he stared at you. you didn't look at him. but you could felt his stare from the corner of your eyes. 

"you're too soft-hearted yoora-ya. that's the reason you're so easily tricked." he said softly. 

you closed your eyes. it became hard on you. this kind of Jongin, you didn't know if you could survive.

no, don't acting nice towards me.

he gripped your shoulders firmly and turned your body to face him. that was a slight pause.

"I'm sorry yoora-ya" he said to you. you were became numb at the moment.

sorry? what for?

"sorr-"

"no." you said to him. "don't" you warned him coldly. he flinched by your coldness. 

"don't talk so sweetly to me. I'm not very smart so it really..really confused me." you added. jongin felt the heaviness in his heart became worse.

you didn't want to change your mind that jongin was the person who broke you. him, with all of his bull that made you suffered. 

if you tought about it again. from the day you came here till the day he officially dumped you. while he was telling you that you didn't have to face your problem by yourself, telling you that he would protect you, telling you that he loved your hair. he was exactly as sweet to you as he'd always been. even if the world crumbled, you had to admit it was only thing you could remember. then he pushed you of the adge of a cliff. with all of his arrogancy, he standing in front of you and he was being sweet to you again.

I won't cry.

"you can't do that, kim jongin" you said coldly. 

"yoora-ya.." he called your name. he tightened his grip as he started to became irritated by your stubborness. 

his voice made you shivered. you used to liked the way he called your name. used to.

you struggled and you realesed from his grip. you turned around began to walked away. 

I won't cry. 

"yoora."

he tried to to catched your wrist but as soon as he touched you, you yanked your hand and walked heading to the door. 

"park yoora!" his voice raised as he felt the pressure in his head. you didn't stopped.

he ran toward you.

he clenched his jaw and spun your body harshly to face him. he  pulled your arm with his right hand and cupped your face.

he kissed you. 

and you shocked by the sudden contact of both of your lips. 

you struggled and pushed him hard. but he was too strong for you. your mind went blank suddenly.

he bite your lower lip and closed your eyes in a pain. knew that your lips still locked, he bite it hardly once more and you gasped and your lips opened slightly.

he took the opportunity and slided his tongue into your mouth. 

he wrapped his right arms around your waist to make sure there was no gap between your body. with all of your stength, you pushed him hard. 

he flinched backward. your knee became weak and you fell down on the ground. 

he was indeed a ​devil. 

he stared at the girl that sat on the ground breathlessly in silent. his cold heart took over him again. he knew, you wouldn't listen to him anyway.

a few months ago, he became jerk cold-hearted to you because of ahri. but now, those side of him back. not for ahri.

he's being a jerk to you, for himself.

jongin turned around and he walked toward the door.

I won't cry.

"don't..." you started. and he stopped. "don't do that anymore." you added and he stared at his shoulder.

"Ahri, she will cry if you treat her like this. treat her better and.. don't ever tell her a beautiful lies like you did to me." you said. your voice trembled but you forced yourself to cold as usual.

he walked without a words. it was always like that. he kissed you, then he left. 

 

Sehun opened the door and he saw you sat on the ground stared blankly.

"yoora!" he ran toward you and he looked at you. you were look a mess.

"what happened?" he asked you worriedly. you didn't answered him.

Sehun hugged you and he let out a deep breath. he patted your back. the warmness made you melt.

I won't cry.

you felt your eyes burned.your tears treathened to fall.

I won't cry.

do you ever felt, when you forced yourself from cry. and someone hug you and asked what happened. it was like your heart became weak and trembled.

and that's the time when you couldn't hold it anymore.

it's hurt when you saw jongin, and when you didn't. it's hurt wether he was here, or wether he wasn't. hurt when he smiled at you, or smiled at someone else. hurt when he called your name, or when he didn't. as long as you didn't dissapeared from the earth, you knew that you would continued to feel hurt. you felt that something being snatched from you. again. you realized, being able to see him and hate him, might be, better than him not being here. but that time, you gave up. you let the world played with you. 

you were tired. 

a single tear fell out from your eyes. it was fell to Sehun shoulder. you remained silent. he didn't even hear your sobbing. 

the tear fell out of your control. the pain broke you inside.

"yoora-ya.. is it hurt? where's the part you feel it is hurt?" Sehun said to you softly. the tears refused to stop.

"is your heart hurt?" Sehun asked you again and you nodded slightly. that was the very first time you admited that you were broken.

"you know I like you so much right? so what can I do? even if you get mad at me, scold me, or ashamed of me, don't think I'm not good enough, but I like you so much, what can I do?" Sehun whispered desparately. the wet on his shoulder became worse and he let it.

"can I help you to heal it, yoora-ya?" he asked you again. you remained silent. 

"it's okay if you still can't love me whole heartly. I'll wait." he added. you were crying in silent. no voice came out. it looked more pathetic than other kind of crying.

"so..can I try to heal your pain? can I keep you?" he tightened his embrace as he said that. 

Sehun-ah, is it a crime if I accept your offer?

you raised your hand and placed it on his back. you burried your face.

made him suprise, you nodded. gave him your answer. he smiled and he caressed your hairs.

you didn't know that giving up on the person you love was this painful.

 

hyojin-ah, you're wrong.

 



Jongin walked the table where exo seated. his face look so pissed.

everyne look at him. confused.

"what's going on?" Chanyeol asked him with his eyes widened. 

"oppa, what's wrong?" Ahri asked him innocently and he didn't know why he became more irritated.

Hyojin stared at him and she wondered why didn't you comeback yet.

"!" he cursed and kicked the empty chair. in front of him. it fell down on the floor. everyone flinched by his action and the scene catched the other students attention.

"what happened to me?" he whispered to himself. he felt lost. 

Kris stared at him as he knew something was happened between you and him bedore.

he raised from his seat and walked toward  jongin. he looked at the younger concernly. it was kind of confused. kris didn't know who should he protect.

he patted jongin shoulder. 

"it can't be settle by the word 'sorry' jongin-ah." Kris said then he left. walked away from there. 

everyone turned into silent. and in a second, they realized where was this conversation went.

it must be something about you.

Park yoora.

 



hello reader~ how's your day?

my day is a bit tiring TT^TT 

my friend asked me to accompany her the whole day and yeah luckily I still have a time to finished it. :D

happy reading guys. I love you~~

it's longer enough right kekeke~

I haven't edit it yet, so sorry if there's a wrong type :p

don't forget to leave the comment, I have to know what you guys thinking u,u