Yongguk 7

B.A.P Oneshot collection

"I got a date for Valentine's day." A smiling Yongguk whispered from beside you.

"Tell me later," you all but hissed, turning back to the lecture. He pouted and faced the teacher before deciding to just ignore the teacher. You shook your head in disbelief, but this was Bang Yongguk, your best friend since the 7th grade. All Bang Yongguk cared about was music and volunteering. Why he took this Anatomy class was beyond your knowledge. You nudged him with your knee. "Pay attention, would you? This is going to be on the test!"

He looked up and shrugged. "You've known me for 5 years and you still think I care?" he said before putting his head back in his arms.

"If you fail this class, you won't graduate!" you urged.

"I'll pass, don't worry. You know you'll end up helping me the week before finals."

You humphed and opened your mouth to retort before the teacher cleared his throat. "Are you two lovebirds done?"

You flushed and Yongguk smiled, "No, we aren't."

You slapped his thigh. "Yes we are, and we aren't lovebirds. Sorry, sir."

He pouted at you and you chose to ignore him for the rest of the period, opting to taking detailed notes on the structure of the Xiphoid Process (A/N: Ten points for who knows what that is!). Finally the bell rang, and the two of you walked towards the lunch line after dropping your books off with your other two friends, Jaeyoon and Sunyoung. "So, I have a date for Valentine's day!" he told you excitedly as you waited for the line to move.

"Who is it?" you asked.

"Remember the girl you and Minhong called ugly? I think she's cute. I asked her out and she said yes."

"Who?" you asked, not particularly remembering who you called ugly.

"Park Jinyoon from the year below!" he said, reaching for a sandwich and handing you one as well.

"Oh," you breathed out, "She doesn't seem like your type... and she's not particularly ugly, she just has crooked teeth and small eyes."

He rolled his eyes. "At least I can get a date!"

Ouch, you thought. "That doesn't matter to me." you muttered, turning away from him, grabbing a bottle of banana milk and paying.

"Yeah..." he muttered, "Why don't you ask stupid Wu Yifan on a date," he said bitterly.

"For the thousandth time, Yifan oppa is a nice guy, I don't understand why you don't like him. And, besides, he's dating my older brother."

"I don't like him because you act like he's replacing me as your best friend."

"You're being unreas--"

"Hi oppa!" a voice interrupted you.

He smiled. "Hi Jinyoon!"

"Do you want to sit with me today, oppa?" she asked, tilting her head and batting her eyelashes, making you want to puke.

He turned to you, "I'm going to sit with her today. See you tomorrow!"

You nodded and the two of them turned around. You didn't miss the slight glare the younger girl threw to you, but Yongguk did. You sighed and walked over to Sunyoung and Jaeyoon, who were conversing over lunch. "Where's Yongguk?" Sunyoung asked.

"With Park Jinyoon." you muttered.

"Why?"

"She's his date for Valentine's day next week," you answered, somewhat sad. The two of you usually spent Valentine's day together, making fun of couples.

"What if they start dating?" Jaeyoon asked.

"So?" you inquired.

"Don't you like him?"

"Yeah, but obviously, he doesn't like me. We're just best friends."

"What if he stops hanging out with you?"

You shook your head. "No way, best friend comes first." You nodded, as if reassuring yourself, "best friend comes first."

 


 

But it seemed like that wasn't the case anymore. It was four months since that Valentine's day date and it turned out they hit it off better than expected. With finals around the corner, Yongguk had asked you to help him study. It would be the first time that you two were alone in months. After school, you waited for him at the gates. He rushed to you and handed you a few text books. He smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, I totally forgot I had a date with Jinyoon today after school. You go home first, please take my books, and I'll meet you there!"

You sighed, "Alright," you agreed, but you knew he could tell you were annoyed.

"Thanks, _________, I really owe--"

"Oppa!" Jinyoon whined. You narrowed your eyes at the girl behind him. He had introduced the two of you, but you could feel the hostility radiating off her.

"Go, your princess awaits," you mumbled, turning away before he could answer, leaving him to wonder when you turned so hostile. Before he could question you though, you were out of sight. You huffed in annoyance. The day you had to take extra textbooks home, the bus had broken down, leaving you to walk home. It wasn't a long walk, but it was tiring with that many book. Finally arriving home after 20 minutes, you laid down on your bed, resting a bit before sitting up to pull out your math homework. Soon enough, you saw that the sky was beginning to darken. You sent Yongguk a text, asking him where he was. Looking at the time, you sighed, it was nearly 6:30. You called Sunyoung and Jaeyoon. "Guys, Yongguk isn't here yet."

Jaeyoon sighed, "Look, ________. we're your best friends. We don't want to see you this hurt. We can tell you die a little each time you see them together, don't even deny it."

You sighed. "Guys, it hurts, yeah, but I'll get over it. He has a girlfriend, I have to get over it."

"You can't get over it if you always look for him and try to hang out with him. Each time, he leaves you to be with his stupid girlfriend, and that hurts you." Sunyoung said.

"What do you guys think I should do about it?"

"I love you, and I would miss you, but I think you should take that year study abroad program Seoul U is offering you." Sunyoung answered.

"Yeah, we would miss you, but it would help you a lot." Jaeyoon added. "Doesn't it start the week after graduation?"

"Yes.."

"The sooner you leave, the better." Jaeyoon sighed before adding, "But I think you should tell Yongguk."

You scoffed. "Tell him that I've been in love with him since freshman year and have him be weirded out and ruin our friendship? Yeah, no"

"You don't know... he could end up--" Sunyoung started.

"He has girlfriend who he's crazy about. I'm just his crazy best friend." You sighed, "anyway, Sunyoung, are you feeling better?" you asked, changing the subject.

After talking for an hour or so, you walked down to the kitchen and grabbed a bite to eat. Glancing at the clock, you shook your head in annoyance. 8:47 and still no sign of Yongguk. You decided to sit on the couch to watch a few episodes of Radio Star. After two episodes, you stood up to take a shower. Finishing your shower, you glanced at the clock and felt your anger rise. 10:58 and still no Yongguk. You picked up your phone and dialed his number. After 5 rings, he picked up. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you?" you grumbled.

"Oh shoot! I'm so sorry, _______-ah! I forgot."

"You forgot," you deadpanned.

"I didn't--"

"Save it, I'm done. You were the one who made the plans in the first place and now you're the one leaving me a behind and forgetting the plans. I'm done with you."

"I'll make it up to you next time!"

"No you won't. You said that the past 5 times and every single time, you just let me down even more. So, I'm done, Bang Yongguk. I'm done with being forgotten, I'm done with being stood up, I'm done with your stupid girlfriend, but most of all, I'm done with pretending that this friendship is still alive. Bye." you said, hanging up. You turned off your phone and charged it, feeling tired after the call. You collapsed into your bed, mentally and physically tired.

 

The next day, you woke up to the sound of your alarm and you groaned. You sat up, turning on your phone, only to discover 27 new text messages and 15 missed calls. A few of the calls and messages were from your mother, but other than that, the rest were from Yongguk. You ran a hand through your hair and decided to call Jaeyoon, who you knew was wide awake. "Hello?"

"What are you doing up so early?" she asked.

"My alarm. I wanted to hang out with you guys today. Can I come over in 30?"

"Yeah, and we'll tell Sunyoung when she wakes up later."

"Thanks," you answered before hanging up. You quickly got dressed in comfortable clothes. You went to your brother's room and woke him up. "Baekhyun oppa, can you drive me to Jaeyoon's?"

"adjfkdeskfjehj wat?" a sleepy Baekhyun answered, lifting his head from his pillow, aka his precious boyfriend Yifan.

"Yifan oppa, can you drive me to Jaeyoon's?" you asked again, this time to Yifan.

He grumbled, "Lucky I love you, kid," he mumbled as he woke Baekhyun up. "You're just as spoiled as Sehun." You only smiled.

 


 

After a few hours, Sunyoung and Jaeyoon were sitting besides you as you explained everything that happened to you. Sunyoung pulled you into a tight hug while Jaeyoon rubbed your back. "You can cry, you know," she said.

You nodded as you bit your lip to prevent sobbing noises. "It just hurts so much to know I've been pushed aside." you cried.

"We know," the cooed, "Let it out."

"It hurts to know that no matter how much I miss him, he misses her when they're apart."

"He's calling me, what do I do?" Jaeyoon said, looking at her ringing phone. You nodded, as if giving her permission to pick up. "Hello?"

"Jaeyoon-ah, do you know where _______ is?"

"No, where did you look?" she lied.

"I went to her house and then all of her favorite places, but Yifan and Baekhyun hyung refused to tell me where she was. Baekhyun hyung was mad at me, too! I went to the park, the rooftop of her apartment complex, our old middle school, and then our secret place, but she wasn't there."

You were surprised, but didn't make a noise. "Well, what did you do to make her hide?"

"I stood her up yesterday. But it wasn't a big deal, so I don't know why she's so mad."

Jaeyoon ruffled her hair in frustration. "Of course that's a big deal, you idiot! She probably waited for you the whole time!"

"alright, alright, tell me if you hear from her," he said, hanging up.

You dried your tears and stood up, "Thanks for everything, guys. I love you guys." you said , hugging them. "I think you're right. I'm going to take that study abroad offer."

They smiled sadly at you, "That's a good idea."

You smiled. "I think I'm gong to head home."

Jaeyoon nodded. "I'll have Jongdae oppa drive you."


The next day passed with you giving Sunyoung Yongguk's text books so that you didn't have to face him and havng your mother continuously telling him that you weren't home or you were sleeping. The days following were final exam days, so you only had to see Yongguk once during the Anatomy final, which you had to admit was the hardest day because he kept staring at you. You sighed when the final day of exams ended; the end of finals meant you had to face Yongguk. But, you'd much have it later than sooner, so you avoided him as much as possible, even choosing to ignore him when he called for you. Finally, on the last day of school, he cornered you after graduation. "Why are you avoiding me like the plague?" 

"I'm not," you answered indifferently. 

"You're still mad about that? I told you I was sorry. It wasn't even a big deal." 

"Sorry doesn't fix everything, Bang Yongguk." 

"You're overreacting," he said gently, placing a hand on your shoulder. 

You moved yourself from his grasp, taking a step back. "I am not. You obviously have much better things to do that hang out with me, so I'm trying to relieve you of the burden." 

His eyes widened as he stepped closer, causing you to step back. "__________, you're my best--" 

"Really, Yongguk? I'm your best friend? I would say I haven't been for the past 4 months, with how I got brushed aside these few months." you interrupted. He averted his eyes, looking to the ground, struggling to find the right words to say. "That's what I thought." you said, turning around. 

"Wait, don't--" he said, grabbing your wrist. 

"Oppa, let's go! Oh... what's are you two doing?" Jinyoon asked, raising an eyebrow at your hands. 

"I was just leaving," you muttered, brushing passed her. 

"Wait, ______!" 

"Oppa, let's go, we're going to be late." she pouted at him, holding his arm tightly. 

He took her hand off. "I have to go talk to _______, but I'll be back soon." 

"Oppa, are you really going to pick her over me?" 

"What? I'm not picking anyone over anyone, I just have more important things to deal with right now than a party." he said, turning around to look at her. 

"Yes you are! What does she have that I don't! If you go to her, you're choosing her!" 

"What do you want me to do, Jinyoon?" 

"Choose me." she whispered. 

"She's my best friend." 

She frowned. "You need to take your pick, right now." 

"I-.." he started. "I need to think. I'm going home." 

Jinyoon huffed and stomped her feet in annoyance as she made her way towards her friends, asking to go home." 


After six days, Yongguk still hadn't made his decision. He knew he didn't want to lose you as a friend, but he also didn't want to lose his first love. He felt like his love for Jinyoon had gone dormant about a month ago, but he just couldn't let go. Finally, he called Jaeyoon, hoping he could get some female guidance. 

"What should I do?" he breathed into the phone, after telling Jaeyoon the story. 

"I know I shouldn't tell you this, but there's something you have to know." 

"What?" 

"_______.... she's going to London for a year, or possibly longer, if she wants." Jaeyoon said, slowly. 

Yongguk nearly dropped his phone. "When." 

"Tomorrow." 

It was then that Yongguk knew what to do. 


The next day, you loaded your suitcases into Yifan's car. "Thanks for taking me, oppa." 

"anything for you, kid." he said, ruffling your hair as he put an arm around Baekhyun. 

The drive to the airport was short and quiet, none of you saying a word. You had already said your goodbyes to Jaeyoon, Sunyoung, and your parents the morning earlier. Finally reaching your terminal, you hugged your brother. "Baekhyun oppa, be good to our parents and don't get into too much trouble, okay? I love you, oppa." you said. 

"I'm going to call you everyday, you hear me? I can't believe I'm not going to see you for a whole year," baekhyun said, wiping a tear. "I love you, ______-ah. Be good, okay?" he said, kissing your forehead. 

You nodded and hugged Yifan. "You better be good to my brother, or I'm coming after you, you hear? Thanks for everything, oppa." 

"I wouldn't dare, kid." he said, kissing your hair. 

You smiled lightly, as you waved goodbye. You waited for a bit before finally boarding the plane. You sat beside a young man with sunglasses and a hood on. You chose not to bother him. After the plane finally took off, the man talked to you. "You know, the girl I'm in love with is on this plane." 

You smiled, "Are you planning on surprising your girlfriend in London?" 

"She's not my girlfriend, I haven't exactly confessed yet." 

"Oh? When do you plan to?" 

"Well, to be honest, I already did." You tilted your head in confusion as he took of his hood. Your jaw dropped. 

"Y-Yongguk? What are you doing here?" 

"Weren't you listening? The girl I'm in love with is here, so I am too. She's sitting right next to me." 

Your eyes widened. "W-what about Jinyoon?" 

he rolled his eyes. "When she asked me to pick between the two of you, I thought about how I would feel if I let you guys leave me. And, I realized it hurt way more to let you leave than her. I'm in love with you. I'm sorry I brushed you off, I'm sorry I'm such a jerk, I'm sorry i treated you like that. But I love you, so, be my girlfriend?" 

You smiled lightly, "I don't know... no flowers? No chocolates? that's quite the disappointment." 

"I promise next time I proclaim my love for you I'll have more luxurious gifts, if you say yes now." 

"Okay, deal." You said, smiling, leaning in for a hug. "By the way, I love you too." You pulled back. "Wait, what about college? Why are you going to London?" 

"More than one person can study abroad, you idiot." 

"I hate you!" you whined. 


Heyyyy! sorry this is like so late. and i mean, super late. I'm really sorry. But i'll try to work on this story more now. I hope you liked this one, i don't really like the ending, but hey, it works, right? haha, thanks for reading, and as always, please, comment, and subscribe! 

Thanks to all of my subscribers who have been waiting patiently for me to update,  I LOVE YOUUUUU!