Youngjae 4

B.A.P Oneshot collection

Youngjae frowned slightly at the sight of his bandmates playing with his son who seemed to be having more fun with them than with him. Youngjae tried playing with the kid, but he always seemed to like you more. He huffed in annoyance. Aish, he thought, I shouldn't have brought Jaemin to the practice room. 

"Peek-a-boo!" the deep voiced leader spoke as he tickled Jaemin. Jaemin exploded into a fit of giggles, causing all the members to smile. 

"Aigoo, so cute!" Himchan cooed. "Nothing like your appa!" he teased. 

Youngjae rolled his eyes. "Hyung~ You don't hear me saying that about your baby boy!" 

"That's because you can't. My baby boy is just as cute as his appa." Himchan stated. 

Jongup blew a raspberry, causing Jaemin to giggle again. "Jaeminnie's cuter than Junhong." 

"Hyung~ No one is cuter than me!" Zelo said cutely before turning back to play with Jaemin.

"Aish." Youngjae mumbled. "Can we just practice?" 

Daehyun laughed. "Hey, you brought the kid. Someone has to take care of him while we practice." 

"Actually, I'll just put him to sleep on the couch in the corner, that way I can keep my eyes on him." Youngjae said, reaching for his son. 

Jaemin squirmed a bit until he placed his head comfortably on his father's shoulder. Youngjae kissed his son's hair and quietly sang a soft lullaby into his ear as he bounced up and down. Jaemin quickly drifted off to sleep, allowing Youngjae to tiptoe to the couch and lay his son down, tucking him in with Jaemin's baby blanket. 

Quickly walking back to the rest of the boys, Youngjae whispered to them that the deed had been done. "Okay, great." Yongguk spoke. "Today isn't dance practice. Today is learning the new song! Himchannie helped with the composing for this one." He spoke proudly as he clasped his best friend on the shoulder. 

Youngjae smiled. "I think it's going to be a great title song, hyung!" 

Just then, Jaemin's cry was heard. Youngjae sighed and stood up. "I got this. You guys just work on the song, okay?"  The group nodded as Youngjae walked back over to the couch, picking Jaemin up in his arms. "Hey, buddy. What's wrong?" Jaemin's loud cry had become soft sniffles. Jaemin lifted his head from his father's shoulder and threw his arms out. Grasping his father's chubby cheeks, he laughed loudly.

Youngjae chuckled. "Jaemin-ah, I see you like me more than your omma now, am I right?" Jaemin giggled. "I am right! This is great. I'm going to make sure you like me more! Jaeminnie, want to go play with appa?" 

Youngjae pulled a blanket out from the closet and set it on the ground in the back of the practice room just as the other members signaled to him that they were heading to the studio. "Okay, well, the games we play should be educational, since you have to be a genius just like your appa. Don't be lazy like your omma. Don't tell her I said that, alright?" 

Jaemin shrieked in happiness as Youngjae brought out a couple blocks with the alphabet on it. 

"Yeah! It's fun right, Jaeminnie?" Youngjae cooed as he brought his lips to his baby's stomach, blowing a raspberry. Jaemin laughed loudly. 

"You know, Jaeminnie, your omma is busy right now. Today was her first day back at work after having you! I'm sure she misses us a lot. I know I miss you guys when I have to stay at the company for the night."

Jaemin looked up at his father with curiosity. "You know that your appa is a very famous singer, don't you Jaemin? Your omma says that you giggle whenever you see me on television! Is that true, Jaeminnie?" Jaemin nodded eagerly as if he understood what Youngjae had said.

Youngjae laughed. "Of course. When you grow up, you can tell everyone that you are the famous Yoo Youngjae's son, Yoo Jaemin!" Jaemin rested his head against his father's chest and shut his eyes. "Ah, you want to go back to sleep. Arrasso." Youngjae kissed Jaemin's hair and softly sang Jaemin's favorite lullaby once again. Suddenly feeling tired, Youngjae walked to the couch and laid down, Jaemin still in his arms. Youngjae shut his eyes and was soon in dream land. After a quick nap, he was awoken by Jaemin's tapping at his nose. 

As his eyes fluttered open, he smiled. "Jaemin-ah, appa likes to sleep. You should too!" Jaemin giggled as Youngjae pulled the two of them up into a sitting position. 

"Ah.." Jaemin stuttered. Youngjae's eyes widened. 

"Come on buddy, it's 'appa'!" 

"Ahhhh...." Jaemin struggled. "Ahhh.... ba!" 

Youngjae smiled as he kissed his son's cheeks. "Close enough, kid! Jaemin-ah, appa's sorry that he can't be with you all the time like he wants to. He's always traveling and singing on stage. Appa's sorry. But, appa thinks about you and your omma the entire time he's gone!" 

Jaemin suddenly giggled loudly as he pointed to the doorway. Curious, Youngjae looked up only to find you standing at the door. "Youngjae.." 

"Hi jagiya~ did you hear all of that?" he asked as you sat down beside him. 

"Yeah. Jaemin and I love you. I'm sure our Jaeminnie isn't upset that you're gone, since the first thing you do when you arrive at the airport is give us a call." you said, as you wiped a tear. 

"I know. I love you guys too," he said, placing a kiss on your lips and one on Jaemin's head. "Did you hear Jaemin say appa?" He said, smiling arrogantly. 

"Bwoh? Don't lie!" 

"Ani! He did. Watch... Jaemin-ah. Say appa!" 

Jaemin giggled. "Ahhhhhhhh-ba!" 

"Yah!" You groaned. "That's not appa!" 

"Yes it is!" he argued. 

"Ahhhh-ba." Jaemin said, grabbing a strand of his father's hair. 

"I love you guys." Youngjae said, smiling happily.