Himchan 5

B.A.P Oneshot collection

You gulped in a breath of fresh air as you walked into the large building. It was your first day of your new job as the personal assistant of Korea's best fashion designer, Kim Himchan. Somehow, you had managed to score the high paying job despite your nervous stuttering during the interview. Stepping onto the elevator, you threw a nervous grin to the receptionist who had helped calm your nerves on interview day. She gave you a thumbs up before the elevators closed. You quickly felt your nerves come back as you neared the top floor. Stepping out of the elevator, you greeted your new co-workers. Finally reaching the biggest office, you knocked. 

"Come in." said the deep voice. 

You quickly opened the door and bowed. "Good morning sir."

"Oh, good morning ______-sshi. Thank you for making it on time." He said, grinning at you. 

You were taken back--he wasn't this handsome during the interview. "Of course." 

He gestured for you to sit down. "Let's lay down some rules, shall we?" you nodded. "Well, I expect you to take phone calls and messages, rearrange my schedule when told, organize the bimonthly work meetings and look over the designs that need to be turned over to me." You nodded fervently. "Rule number two: I expect you to bring me an Iced Americano every single day on your way to work. Everyday. I will consider firing you if you forget. I'm being serious." You fought the urge to roll your eyes at him. "The last--and probably the most important--rule: Do not fall in love with me." You bit your tongue to prevent yourself from cursing at him. "If you ever find yourself falling for me, I want you to immediately place a resignation letter on my desk. When asked why, I want you to simply answer that you broke the number one rule." What a cocky prick--I can't believe I thought he was attractive, you thought to yourself. "Questions?" 

You nodded. "Deh, what do you mean look over the designs? Do you want me to organize them?" 

He smiled as he fixed his jet black hair. "Kind of. I want you to put the best ones on the top. I trust your fashion sense. Well, except for that belt." he said gesturing to your mustard yellow belt. "It doesn't go with the black skirt." You clentched your jaw. 

"Yes sir. I'll just go get started. I'm going to go buy your Iced Americano." He nodded before calling you back to get your cell phone number. 

 

You sighed for the unteenth time as you typed up your resignation letter. It had been 2 years since that day and you and Himchan were on a first name basis. The two of you sometimes hung out after working overtime together, him treating you to fancy meals you could never afford. You had started liking him for a while now, but only dismissed it as a crush. Just a couple days ago had you realized that you had fallen in love with your cocky boss. Remembering his number one rule, you felt disappointed in yourself for falling for someone you knew you could never have. He was handsome, caring, and funny, despite being a bit to cocky at times and a big flirt. Pressing the print button and shutting down your laptop, you stood up and headed to the bed of the apartment that Himchan had encouraged you to purchase since it was down the street from his house. The next day, you got up and got dressed. After completeing your morning routine, you grabbed your bag, not forgetting to put the letter of resignation in. You stopped by the nearby Starbucks and bought yourself some breakfast along with Himchan's usual Iced Americano. Slipping into the office, you threw your usual grin to the receptionist and headed into the elevator. You were usually earlier than Himchan and as usual, he wasn't in his office when you got in. Placing the coffee in the usual spot beside the computer, you took the letter out of your bag and placed it on the center of his desk. You quickly slipped out of his office and went to the break room to grab a coffee for yourself. When you came back to your desk, you noticed Himchan walking in. 

You smiled. "Morning Himchan!" 

He smiled back. "Good morning, ______-ah! We've got overtime today, okay? After that, I'll take you to a midnight dinner date." 

You blushed a bit. "Not a date, sir." 

He grinned cheekily. "It's not if you don't want it to be." he said as he winked and headed into his office. 

You smiled to yourself and focused on organizing the messages from yesterday night and reading the emails. "______-ah! Come in here please!" he said into the intercom. You knew what was coming. Taking a deep breath, you walked into his office. 

"What on Earth is this?" he questioned, slamming the letter on the desk. 

"It's my letter of resignation. It's a week prior, so you can find a replacement." You said, nervously. 

"I know what it is! Why are you resigning? Did you get another offer? If so, I can give you a better one! I don't want a replacement!" he said, in a sad and angry tone. 

"Aniyo, sir. I didn't get another offer." you said, putting your hands together. 

"Then what is it?" he questioned, wide eyed at your rash decision. 

You gulped. ".... Sir.... I-I..." 

"Don't call me sir! You call me Himchan!" he shouted. 

"Himchan... I- I broke the number one rule." you whispered. He was taken back. He couldn't find the right words to say. "I'm sorry. I'm going back to reading emails. And, interviews are going to be held tomorrow in the morning." You said, bowing as you dismissed yourself. 

Himchan let out the breath he had not know he had been holding as he plopped into his chair, head in his hands. After an awkward extra hour of overtime and a even more awkward dinner, you went home. The next day, when you arrived at work with Himchan's coffee, you noticed the line of pretty girls in line for the job. They all looked like models and you sighed as you mentally cursed yourself for leaving him with a model-like assistant that he would fall in love with and have beautiful, fashionable babies with. 

Walking into his office--for once he was earlier than you--, you smiled and greeted him shyly and handed him his coffee. 

"You're awfully early today, sir." 

"Yes, _____-sshi, I figured I'd get those dreaded interviews out of the way." 

You nodded. "Let's get started then." you said as you called the receptionist and told her to send up the girls. You had to sit through three hours of Himchan's rude comments to the girls' faces. ("She looks stupid!" "She's not pretty enough!" "Look at that outfit! UGH!") 

Finally, the last girl was there. 

"Are you the last one?" you asked. 

"Yes." she answered. This one seemed perfect. Cute outfit, tall, skinny, and beautiful. Not to mention fluent in 6 languages and a Seoul University graduate.

"Her? No way." Himchan said. 

You frowned. "We'll give you a call," you said through clentched teeth. When she was gone, you turned to him. "Yah!" 

He was surprised. " 'Yah'? You do not say that to your boss!" 

"You were being extremely diffucult!" you shouted. 

"So what? I have to do whatever it takes!" he shouted back. 

"What on earth are you talking about, Kim Himchan?" you questioned loudly. 

"I don't want you to leave!" he shouted. 

You softened. "I have to. I-I broke the most important rule." 

He pulled his hair in frustration. "I wish I never made that stupid rule!" 

"But you did. And I have to respect that." you said, more quietly. 

"I don't care about that rule... because... I broke it too." he said, sighing. 

You blinked. "Okay, I know your cocky, but this is a whole new level. You fell in love with yourself?" 

He groaned. "Ani! I fell in love with you!" 

You blinked. "Pardon? Did I hear that correctly?" 

He smiled a bit. "I love you. I love your smile. I love your messy hair when you get frustrated. I love your snort when you laugh." you blushed and he laughed. "I love that I can make you blush so easily." 

"Stop! Are you just saying that to make me stay?" 

"No! I really do love you. Ask the employees. Yongguk down in photography has been teasing me for months." He said, grabbing your hand. You blushed. "Let's just be together." 

You smiled as you nodded shyly. 

"Perfect," he said, planting a kiss on your forehead. "I look forward to our overtime." 

I think this one is super cute. Just me? LOL Maybe it's because I'm a Himchan bias, if you couldn't tell!