Himchan 4

B.A.P Oneshot collection

It was the first day of Freshman year when you met him. 

"Kim Himchan!" your teacher called out as he pointed to a seat on the ground, indicating that that was where the boy sat. A boy with long, jet black hair strode to the spot and sat down. "Kim _______!" your teacher called out, pointing to the seat next to the boy. You got up and sat down beside him. After a moment of silence between the two of you, he spoke. 

"Hi, are you Filipino?" he asked. 

You were appalled. Who did this guy think he was? You scoffed. "No. I have the same last name as you!" 

"Then what the heck are you?" 

"Yah! I'm Korean and Chinese." 

"Oh. I'm Himchan, by the way." 

You scoffed. "Whatever."  What a jerk, you thought. 

That was the first time you ever met someone so infuriating. It wasn't the best first impression. You hated the guy's guts for a while, that is, until that one day he sat with you and your friend at lunch. 

"Yah, Kim Himchan, what are you doing here?" 

"I'm eating." 

You groaned. "I mean, why are you sitting with me?" 

"There's no other seats." 

"Fine whatever." you grumbled. 

"Dude, I swear Choi seonsaeng-nim has got some grudge against me!" he said. 

You looked at him curiously. "Why?" 

"I don't know! All I did was drop a weight on his toe!" 

You laughed. 

That was when Kim Himchan went from 'jerk' to 'not too bad'. Since that day, the two of you found out you had nearly the same sense of humor and got along pretty well, well, when you weren't arguing over the dumbest stuff ever-- which was at least 7 times a day. The two of you got much closer because he sat with you at lunch. Kim Himchan went from total douche bag to the guy you trusted completely. That summer, he went to summer school with your best friend, Jaeri, and they got much closer as well. On the first day of Sophomore year, you saw the two of them together, arguing because he had taken her stuff and refused to give it back. 

"Yah! Kim Himchan! Give it back to me!"  Jaeri shouted. 

"No way!" He shouted back. 

"Fine!" She said as she grabbed his arms. You felt something in your stomach at their close proximity. 

"Yah! Kang JaeriKim Himchan!" You called out to them.

"______!" Jaeri called out to you as she ran towards you for a hug. 

Himchan awkwardly walked to you and hugged you lightly. "How was your summer, ______-ah?" 

"Quiet, since I didn't have a certain ulzzang arguing with me every 30 minutes."

"Yah! What are you talking about? I went to your house like a month ago. Your mom still loves me." 

You rolled your eyes. Suddenly, Jaeri jumped on Himchan's back. "Yah! Give it back now, Kim Himchan!" 

"Yah!" You frowned slightly. What was this feeling? 

That year, you and Himchan got much closer because Jaeri frequently had club meetings and Cheerleading practice during lunch, so it was just you and Himchan all the time. People would often mistake you guys for being together. Not that you minded because you had realized that you fell for him. People thought you guys were together so often that he and his girlfriend broke up because of it. 

"Why did you guys break up?" you asked, curious. 

He sighed. "She refused to accept the fact that you and me were just best friends." 

That was it. Just friends. How could you forget? He was just your best friend. So, you just watched from a distance. Every time he had a girlfriend, you just watched and hoped. Every time they broke up, you just helped him get through it. You were happy, as long as he was. It didn't take a genius to figure out your feelings for him. Even Jaeri had noticed in Junior year. 

"Why don't you just tell him?" Jaeri asked. 

"Why would I? We're just friends. He doesn't see me that way." 

"He does, he just doesn't know it yet. I mean, he never approves of any of the guys who like you, even though one of them was him best friend!" 

"I'd rather not take that chance. I don't want to ruin this friendship." 

That was the end of that. Jaeri didn't want you to always suffer, so she often set you up with guys, but you always refused. Finally on graduation day-- today, Jaeri had convinced you to tell him the truth. You didn't want to, but you had to. He deserved to know. And even if he rejects you, you'll know how he really feels. 

"Himchan-ah." You called to him after the ceremony had ended.

He ran to you and picked you up, spinning in circles. "We did it! _____-ah! We did it! I did it. Thank you for staying up to tutor me." 

You felt the butterflies in your stomach. "No big deal. Can you put me down?" 

He smiled as he let go of you. "What's wrong? You don't sound too happy."

"Oh, I'm so proud of you for graduating and all, but I'm a little nervous." 

"Why?" 

"Well, um. Here goes nothing. Himchan..." 

"Yeah?" 

"I've had a crush on you since Sophomore year. I'm really sorry I didn't tell you and I understand if you don't accept it because well, I mean, you are Kim Himchan, and you could do much better than me, but--": 

"YAH!" 

"What?" 

"Don't say that. You're much too perfect for me." 

"Don't argue with me. Anyway, I figured you had the right to know, even though I knew you'd reject-- Wait, what?" 

He chuckled. "I said, you're much too perfect for me. And, I've liked you since then, too." 

"So..." 

"So... Let's go." 

"Where?" 

"On a date... Come on, jagiya." 

"Yah," you blushed. "Who's your jagiya?" 

"Aigoo, my girlfriend's so cute." Suddenly, Himchan grabbed your hand and dragged you to the stage where the microphone was. "EVERYONE!" He said into the mic, "_______ IS FINALLY MY GIRLFRIEND!" 

"FINALLY!" and "I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN" went through the crowd. 

"I guess we were just meant to be." Himchan said, pulling you close and placing a kiss on your lips. 

"Yah! Don't think I forgot the first thing you ever said to me!" 

LOLOL, I just had to include that beginning, because that was exactly how I met my best guy friend. Except, I'm not korean. LOL. And I didn't fall for my dork of a best friend. My mom thinks of him as her son. Sigh. I'll never get a boyfriend with him protecting me from every cute boy around. Forever aloneeeee~ and sick. LOL. This is actually my favorite so far. Whatever. Happy Late Valentine's Day! 

    me and Peniel are feeling the same. 

Have you guys seen One Shot? OMG SO GOOD. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zRzl1d5vNU

Also, wish Himchannie a fast recovery! BABYs LOVE YOU HIMCHANNIE. GET WELL SOOOON~! 

Byeeee~