Chapter 1

He's My Soul

 

Hehe...hi everybody~~ :) please read on!

“And then this happened…blah…blah…blah…”

                Myungsoo groaned, throwing his head into his arms. He hated school. Hated. There was nothing more that he wanted to do than just climb out of the ing window on the side and escape.

                He’d tried, though, and ultimately failed, so there was no point in doing that anymore. His parents forced him to go to school no matter what happened. He had to be smart. Kim Myungsoo had to be the top of the school. Kim Myungsoo had to know everything. Kim Myungsoo had to be perfect.

                The sole reason why? He was the heir to his father’s company, Kim Industries, one of the largest ones both internationally and domestically. He, unlike most of the heirs that he knew, didn’t mind. Sure, he hated business, but he was going to take over the company whether he liked it or not, so he there was no reasoning in complaining.

                Psh, of course he had other dreams that he wanted to strive for. He didn’t care about them anymore because, in a sense, he had already accomplished them. Kim Myungsoo was a very special boy, with a very special voice, and a very special passion for music. His parents had forbidden him to pursue his dream to be a singer, but he didn’t care. He only went for one audition in his entire lifetime last year at the age of 16 for Lee Entertainment. He’d passed right away – they loved him.

Wait, correction. They didn’t love him. They loved his voice.

 

“Remind me again why I’m not at school,” Sungyeol asked as he pulled a bottle of water from his house refrigerator.

“Dance practice,” Hwayoung, his little sister, said as she flipped through a magazine. “Dad said that you need to freshen up on your skills. Basically, you .”

                “Oh shut up.” Sungyeol chugged down half of the bottle in one gulp and set it back on the counter. “Why aren’t you at school?”

                “Didn’t feel like it.”

                Rolling his eyes, Sungyeol walked around the counter to his sister’s side to see what she was reading. An article on him and his ‘oh-so-talented sister’.

                “Fei Unnie said that she’ll be back in South Korea tomorrow,” Hwayoung told him. She looked away from the magazine in order to obtain her brother’s water bottle. She took a sip from it, then handed it back to him.

                Sungyeol smiled bitterly as he capped the water bottle. Fei was his oldest sister and the only true talented person in the family. She could sing, she could dance, and she was beautiful.

                Hwayoung…Hwayoung had a history. Nobody knew her. Nobody knew that she was Lee Hwayoung, daughter of the famous CEO of Lee Entertainment. Sungyeol had heard her rap – she was a gifted child. Very. But she refused to enter the entertainment industry despite her father begging her to. Sungyeol and Fei had managed to convince their father to let her live a normal life – but that wasn’t good enough for her, either. She refused to go to school and have people befriend her only because she had the possibility of letting their dreams come true.

                So she was Ryu Hwayoung at school. She’d never spoken to Lee Sungyeol in her life, though she was a big fan and they went to the same school. Sungyeol respected her decision and stayed away from her as much as possible.

                Sungyeol, though…he was huge. He was named K-Pop’s #1 male soloist with a fanbase stretching from China to Antarctica. Lee Sungyeol, the boy that was decent at dancing but had the voice of a God, the voice that could serenade anybody with one verse only.

                “You okay?”

                Dropping from his daze, Sungyeol nodded and handed the water bottle back to his sister. “I’m going to take a shower right now, get ready to sweat my head off at practice.”

                “Kay!” Hwayoung replied cheerfully as she drank the rest of the water. “If you need anything, I’m going to be home the entire day, ok?”

                Sungyeol gave her a quick nod and walked back to his room, which was miles away, due to the fact that they lived in a mansion. He loved his house, he loved his sisters, he loved his family…but he didn’t love his career. He hated it. The only reason he could go on was listening to his fans tell him that if he ever stopped being the star that he was, they wouldn’t be able to live.

                He wiped a tear away as he pushed his way into his room. He hated all of it – he hated being a fake, he hated having to con every one of his loyal fans.

                Because that voice, that voice that everybody loved so much…wasn’t even his.

 

Myungsoo peeked up from his arms to stare at the seat in the front right corner, girls surrounding it as they cried for the student that hadn’t arrived yet.

                They were so naïve. Even if the student had arrived, those delusional fangirls wouldn’t have been able to lay a finger on him – there was simply too many security guards.

                Myungsoo, unlike 99% of his schoolmates, didn’t want to meet the guy. Didn’t want to talk to the famous ‘Lee Sungyeol’. Oh, no. Myungsoo hated him. Hated him to the core, but nobody knew why. Was it because the popular Kim Myungsoo had rival that could obviously beat him? Was it because Lee Sungyeol was famous worldwide? Was it because he had fame?

                No, Myungsoo had his reasons for hating the guy. Reasons that he didn’t dare tell a soul if he cared for himself and his father’s, soon-to-be-his, company.

                you, Lee Sungyeol. For living my life, he thought before letting his head fall back into his arms so that nobody could witness the cold, beautiful Kim Myungsoo cry.

               

Sungyeol just laid in his bed and put his earphones in. His hair was still wet, but he didn’t care. The earphones were specially waterproof for Lee Sungyeol, the music God himself.

                Whenever he went to interviews, the people always asked him if he listened to his own music.

                Yes, he would continuously reply. I always do. I love listening to it. It somehow gets more beautiful every time I hear it again. I really do understand why people like my music so much.

                And then they’d ask if he listened to any other artists.

                No, was the answer that killed many of his fans. I don’t. I don’t keep up with the latest music these days. I focus mainly on my music and in my spare time, I just listen to it.

                Call him a conceited brat, he didn’t care. He already had so many articles and anti-fans bash him for being un-modest.

                Sungyeol’s eyes shut close as tears began to flutter out. He loved this song, he loved the voice. It was so sleek, so beautiful, so unique. Just hearing it made him want to crawl in a little hole and die in pure happiness.

                He’d never met this person in his life. He’d never seen the face that owned this beautiful, flawless voice.

                He didn’t care, though. He didn’t care that he didn’t know a thing about the person he was stealing the voice of.

                The only thing he did know, though, was that he loved this person. It didn’t matter if this person was a boy, or if this person was the ugliest creature that had ever stepped foot on earth. He simply didn’t care.

                Lee Sungyeol loved him. Loved him more than anything in the world, more than his family, more than himself.

                They never met, but he still knew. The voice told him so.

UGH HOW WAS IT? PLEASE SAY YOU GUYS LIKE IT♥ Hwayoungie's a little undercover schoolgirl and Myungyeol's relationship is complicated♥ I should probably mention, if you guys didn't notice, Sungyeol doesn't know that the voice he's lipsynching to his Myungsoo's. :) Myungsoo knows, though. Obviously. After all, it's his voice :) AND I'M SORRY FOR THE LACK OF WOOGYU AND YADONG AND SUNGJONG ;_; they will be introduced in the upcoming chapters, along with their storylines~~

asdfghjkl I don't know if I'm going to do comment replies for this fic - I probably will until school starts (Sept. 6) so look forward to it ^^ ♥ I love you all~~ please comment, and if you're a silent reader, it's okay ^^ (*cough* because I'm also a silent reader *cough*) and subscribe! THANKYOU!  ♥