Memories

Back To You

 

Jessica's P.O.V
 
"Hey Yuri," I say as I walk up to Yuri. She smiles and stands up, and hugs me. It feels so great to be in her arms again.
 
"Hi Sica," she says after pulling away from our hug. I smile, I love when she calls me that. 
 
"Let's sit!" I say as I take a seat across from her. 
 
"Do you have any ideas for the song?" I ask her, she nods.
 
"How about a....love song?" she smiles and looks right into my eyes. I smile back, her eyes, they sparkled. 
 
"Sounds good!" I look away from her and get out some paper and two pens from my purse. I lay everything out on the table. I reach for the pen at the same time Yuri does. Our fingers touch a little. I quickly grab the other pen and look away, breathing heavily.
 
Jessica, control yourself, you have Tiffany!
 
"I brought something that might inspire us," Yuri says, she looks through her purse and pulls out a box. I look at it closely.
 
"Do you still remember?" she asks, I nod as I reach for it. I slowly pull the lid off the box. I feel a smile form on my face. 
 
"Oh Yuri, I can't believe you still have all of this," I whisper as I look up from the box to her. She smile and takes my hand.
 
"How could I not, you where my first love," she replies. I smile and look back down at the box. Inside it I find our old scrapbooks, our love letters and poems, all our wonderful memories. 
 
"Sica, do you remember this?" Yuri asks as she pulls a locket out of her pocket. I look at it and a smile spreads across my face. I look through my purse and pull out the same matching locket. Inside mines there is a heart shaped picture of Yuri, and inside hers there's a heart shaped picture of me. 
 
"I didn't think you would keep it," Yuri say as she looks at it. 
 
I shake my head, "Of course I kept it, you bought it for me on our 1 year anniversary!" I smile as I remembered that day. 
 
"Can you believe we were togther for almost 3 years, only to be torn apart" Yuri says. I look into her eyes again.
 
"Yuri I..." Yuri intruppts me.
 
"You know I never stopped loving you Jessica."
 
I look down, "Then, what about Taeyeon?" I ask.
 
She stays quiet, "I do love Taeyeon, but it's not what I feel for you Jessica. I think that when I agreed to be Taeyeon's girlfriend, I was hoping she could take away the pain I felt because you left me, but Jessica, I love you, look at how happy we where," she says.
 
I take out one of our scrapbooks and open it slowly. I smile and I look at our old pictures. 
 
Do I still love Yuri?
 
"Jessica, if you look me in the eyes right now and tell me you don't love me anymore. If your sure you want to be with Tiffany then, I'll leave you alone. I'll keep it professional," I could tell that Yuri was close to crying. I don't know what to do. I lower my gaze and avoid looking into Yuri's eyes. 
 
"Jessica look at me," she says, I continue to stare down.
 
"Look at me Jessica!" she says a little louder. 
 
I look at her with tears in my eyes. "I love Tiffany and I wanna be with her," I say while looking into her eyes. 
 
She stands up and tears roll down her face, "Then we'll keep it professional, see you tomorrow Jessica. We'll have a fresh start," she grabs her stuff, including my locket and walks away. 
 
As I watch her walk away I feel like my hear has been torn apart from me again. Did I make the wrong choice?
 
 
                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Taeyeon's P.O.V
 
I pull up to a little cafe and walk inside. I look around for Tiffany, but see her nowhere. I find a seat a the back and walk towards it. I sit down and wait for Tiffany. I get our my notebook and pen and start writing on my own. 
 
As I write down lyrics I sing them out loud to myself, I change and add things. After working for a while I look up, she's 30 minutes late. I sigh and get up, "Can I order an iced coffee?" I ask the women she writes down my order, after I pay her she prepares my coffee and I go sit back down. I take a few sips of my coffee and start writing again. 
 
I sing the lyrics to myself again. "Wow, that sound good Taetae," I look behind me and see Tiffany there. I wanna get up and hug her, but I can't I need to protect my heart from her. 
 
"Wow, you finally show up" I say coldly, Tiffany sits down across from me and smiles.
 
"Sorry Taetae, I had a last miunute meeting" she says apologetic.
 
I roll my eyes, "You could've called, I've been waiting for an hour now," I say.
 
"I would have loved to call, but I don't have your number" she smiles. 
 
"Oh right you probably threw it away when you left me broken hearted," I look down at my notebook again and start writing.
 
After a few minutes of silence Tiffany speaks up, "Aren't we suppose to be doing this together?" she asks me shyly. I pass her my notes, she reads them.
 
"Oh a love song?" she asks after reading them, I nod and cross my hands.
 
"Have a problem with that?" I ask rudely. She shakes her head.
 
"Nope, no problem at all. So I was thinking we could add something to the first verse," she says, I look at her. 
 
"Add what?" I ask. 
 
Tiffany starts adding and changing things in my song. Pretty soon it becomes our song, it's coming out really beautiful. After working for an hour or so she stands up, "I need a drink," as she's standing up something falls from her back pocket, I pick it up and was about to give it to her when I notice something familiar about it. 
 
"Oh my ring!" I say. She takes it away from me quickly.
 
"This is mines," she says quickly.
 
I point at my finger, "I also have my ring," 
 
She smiles, "Why?" she asks. 
 
I look away and ignore her question. I can tell the she's smiling. Our first valentines day together she got us couples rings, I kept mines after all these years, never once have I took it off, afraid that I might loose it.
 
"So? Why did you keep it?" Tiffany asks as she sits back down with her drink.
 
"Cause, you gave it to me. It means a lot, okay?" I say, she smiles and leans across the table, she kisses my cheek. 
 
"Thanks for keeping it Taetae," she gives me an eye smile and looks back down at our notes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for all the comments and thanks for subscribing.