Face to face with the deer

Love Equation (You + I = Riot)

It's the Day!!! I stood up from my bed and brushed the sleep off my puffy eyes and greeted the chirping birds outside with a soft "morning birdies" because I am quiet afraid that if my voice got louder, it might damage their little ears..

 

"Sun, it's time honey... wake up"

 

I turned around and faced my mommy's fresh face, "you're too late mom, i have been awake already..."

 

She flashed her beautiful eyesmile again and wrapped me to an embrace, "I am very blessed to be your mom"

 

"I know mom...and so am I as your daughter" I said as I buried my face on her bossoms..

 

"Ladies, it is a big day!" Captain Choi announced in his pjs

 

"Indeed... Our baby is really a well-known artist and is about to face the bigger world"

 

"Of course. And she will be more successful not because she is the daughter of Stephanie Hwang and Siwon Choi but because she is the clever and courageous Sunny Lee of mommy and daddy, right?"

 

"Right!" mommy and I giggled

 

"Hurry up baby, go get dressed and we'll see you at breakfast" daddy said as he motions mom to go out

 

"Is Taemin coming over for breakfast?" I asked, half expecting a yes

 

"No honey, maknae is kinda busy but he said that he would never miss the opening of your art gallery" mom answered with a pout

 

"Hmm.. it's ok.. I know he won't or he is really dead"

 

"Aigoo.. my sunshine, don't give your little brither a fright"

 

"He is big mom, he's not little and besides, they all think that I am his girlfriend.. kkk"

 

"Kids... aha. See yah over breakfast!" mom giggled then blew me a kiss and followed daddy downstairs..

 

I marched to my bathroom and sat at the bowl for a moment, engaging my thoughts for all the blessings that I am enjoying right now. Maybe it is because of the good karma. They say that the universe has its own way of handling things and it is called karma. You do good to others, you'll receive good karma, do something bad and you know what you will get..

 

I quickly undressed and soaked myself with the steamy shower, there is no enough time for a warm bubble bath but it could wait at the day's end..

 

As I wrap my body with the towel, I took notice for the first time the woman who is me.. I can't really believed that I have developed an S-line like this.. I know now that despite of my lack in height, I still have something to be proud of..

 

I put on the clothing made by Yoona Lim.. It is very beautiful.. Now I made up my mind, Yoona Lim is the best fashion designer in Korea.. no doubt about that..

 

I put minimal make up so as not to hide the real me and finished the touch with a lipstick.. "fighting!" I said and did the gesture in front of my vanity section..

 

"Oh my goodness! You look stunning!" daddy's eyes are about to fall when I joined them at the breakfast table

 

"Thank you daddy.." I said and smiled, "am I lacking at something mom?" I asked as my mom just sat quietly

 

"You need more attitude honey"

 

"I don't understand..."

 

"We are the real world now... Though I know that living in independence in London have taught you a lot, still your attitude is your best asset remember that.. Your personality stays within you but your attitude differs with every people you meet and that will make you more attractive, remember that Miss Lee"

 

"Mom, it's just me Soonkyu"

 

Mom gave me a warm motherly smile and said, "I know but the moment we stepped out of the door, we are different individuals.."

 

"I understand mommy..."

 

"Now, finish your breakfast and don't let that beautiful suit of yours be smudged with food Soonkyu.."

 

"Nae umma..." I said and giggled along with dad..

 

I bid my parents goodbye after I brushed my teeth and retouched, they told me that they will drop by at the gallery by the afternoon and I just nodded, knowing that they will do whatever they have told me..

 

I drove my car and off to the gallery I go..

 

I heaved a deep sigh as I park my car, knowing that a lot of well-known people will be there as well as big media and press people. Well, why wouldn't they? It is Sunny Lee's event anyway..

 

I stayed inside my car for another 15 minutes, knowing that I have arrived earlier.. I the radio and listened to the news..

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo Shindong imnida, right now I have just received an update on the opening of the gallery of the world reknown Model and artist, Sunny Lee. It says that a lot if VIPs were invited and are present at the location of the Dear Deer Gallery.. Everybody is anticipating for this since Lee has made a name first in Europe as one of the best art scholars all around the continent, not only that but she was a good friend of the princes of England and even popular for making the painting and sculptures of other royalties blahblahblah”

 

I didn't wait for the exact time and opened my car's door, as I stepped out the whole media began to block my way.. Just a few questions Sunny Lee.. Sunny Lee please look at here, Sunny Lee can you smile over here?!!

 

I stepped in front of the large glass panneled doors of my dream-come true gallery and waved at everyone who are present.. I deeply inhaled as I try to hold back the tears that are about to flow out of the overwhelming joy I am feeling right now..

 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Miss Sunny Lee, the owner of the Dear Deer Gallery” the host announced and helped me step on stage

 

“I would like to thank you all for stopping by at my gallery, I hope that you will enjoy it and would not think twice of going back.. You are all welcome here.. This gallery includes all my works of art back in college, even when I was just starting to develop my artistic skills.. I know that you have all waited a long time for me to go back to Korea, and I am glad to say that it's good to be home.. At a young age, I have experienced a deep sorrow that has taught me to become more passionate in striving to be someone and prove to all that even the tiniest bit of dust on the earth can prick a giant's eye.. It means that nothing is impossible.. This gallery housed all my emotions in the past years and I am happy to share them all to you.”

 

“Miss Lee, why did you named it Dear Deer?” a reporter asked amidst the crowd which took me by surprise.. Everyone quieted when he asked the question and I myself is at loss for words..

 

“In Chinese, a deer symbolizes happiness” I said, lips quivering as I try to explain the meaning behind the name.. “I have found happiness once before when I fell in love with a graceful deer but the deer soon left me with a heartache.. So as time goes on, I have learned the new meaning of the deer to me.. The deer to me now means Renewal and Acceptance.. I have hated myself before after the deer that I have loved left me.. I thought it's because of my appearance so I decided to renew myself.. Be someone more beautiful.. be SOMEONE not just ANYONE.. At this point in time, I have learned to accept that the love I gave away will never return but I knew that with the new me.. A lot more good things will come. And that is the story behind the name Dear Deer.. This gallery holds every unspoken words I have for that runaway deer who took my happiness before”

 

I let the heaviness in my eyes flow after I finished my speech and saw the whole crowd stand and clap their hands.. “To the Success of Dear Deer!! To the Happiness of Sunny Lee!” They began to cheer..

 

The ribbon cutting ceremony ended and I was so lucky to have President Choi and Madame Hwang as my honorary guests...

 

“I am so proud of you my little Soonkyu” President Choi whispered on my ears after he cut the other side of the ribbon..

 

“Gomawo appa” I whispered back

 

~o~

 

For the woman of power and love..

 

PS: Your smile brightens the world especially mine..

 

Love,

 

Sungmin

 

I can't help but to smile while reading the card that was written from the flower that Sungmin has sent. I admit that I am really disappointed that he can't come but I also understand that it's not what he wants..

 

“Noona!”

 

“Taemin ah!!” I carefully folded Sungmin's note and placed it on the pocket of my slacks and ran toward my brother who caught and spin me by his arms

 

“Yaah.. I'm getting dizzy, put me down..” I said and giggled

 

“I am very very very very happy for you..” he said and gave me an eskimo kiss

 

“I am too Taeminnie” I said and cupped his face with my palms while scrunching my nose

 

“Taemin” I heard a man's voice behind me and suddenly let go of my little brother

 

“Kai?” Taemin asked, “hyungs? Sehun?!”

 

I can sense the shock in my brother's voice and I turn around to face them.. EXO Boys..

 

FLASHBACK

 

So I came here, as what I have said to help my brother become more popular and to help you earn more, how is that?”

 

So we're talking about business huh?”

 

Yes. And I have a favor to ask you as an exchange...”

 

Sure, tell me what is it?”

 

I want your popular rookie group to be present on the opening of my gallery, it's like they are promoting it.. How is that?”

 

Deal..”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

The truth is I want to meet Luhan and show him how different I am.. I am no longer a doormat..

 

I didn't know that she is the one that you've been dating” Kai, the well-toned guy with the y lips you will dream of nibbling all night said as he points at me.

 

Annyeonghasaeyo.. Sunny Lee imnida” I said and bowed, I looked at everyone's faces and my eyes lingered longer on face's.. But there is something wrong.. EXO is known to be OT12 right? Where is the other one? To be specific, where is LuHan?!

 

Guys..” The one who possess an air of a grandpa but with an eye-catching angelic face said then started counting “Hana, Deul Set, annyeonghasaeyo EXO imnida” he led and everyone followed

 

 

“I guess my brother here haven't yet told you anything about me..” I said and smiled

 

“Your brother?” they all asked

 

“Ne.. Taemin Lee is my younger brother.. I am sorry if he hadn't watched your showcase, I asked him to fetch me at the airport..”

 

“Omo.. noona.. aniyo.. gwaenchana.. gwaenchana..” Kai who is about to kill me with his looks a while ago said with his alluring smile.. Actually, I have learned from Taeminnie that Kai being his bestfriend for a very very long time knew about our family..

 

“Kk.. Thank you Kai.. Taeminnie”

 

“Ne noona?”

 

“You haven't introduced the other gorgeous gentlemen” I said

 

“Omo..mianhada.. let us introduce ourselves..” a man with the eyes like that of Dobby's but with an energy that lightens the whole atmosphere like he's carrying a contagious virus of happiness said, “Chanyeol imnida” he said with his deep voice

 

“It's nice to meet you Thunny noona, my name is Oh Thehun..maknae” the handsome maknae with the lisp said

 

“Hello Sunny ssi.. My name is Xiumin” the cute guy who looks like a steam bun because of his chubby cheeks and milky skin said

 

“Zhang Yixing or Lay.. I.. *scratches head, forgetting what he is about to say* I.. I am glad to meet you” haha.. he's so cute.. I heard that he is a very passionate artist..

 

“D.O. Imnida..” the elementary looking forever confused guy with eyes full of whites said and smiled at me akwardly, wow.. they all have something that makes a woman be drawn to them

 

“I think you knew me already but let me introduce myself again.. Kai is the name, noona” y Kai said and his lips.. what the?! NOOO!!!!! stop this!!

 

“Annyeong.. Zi Tao imnida” the scary looking guy who actually had the softest voice said

 

“Tao isn't that good in Korean yet. By the way I am Kris, this is a nice place you got” face who actually had a name said,

 

“Hello Sunny ssi, Chen imnida..I always think that noonas are very appealing” the cute man who I remembered to be one of the best vocals said

 

“Baekhyun imnida!!!!!!!!!!!” another happy virus attack? kk

 

“And I am Suho... Luhan can't come because uhm.. *whispers* his girldfriend asked him to join her today”

 

“Ah.. Luhan?” I asked as if I didn't know him

 

“Luhan hyung, the one who sang baby don't cry with Chen hyung!!!” Taemin interrupted

 

“aah.. him... well, do you want a tour?” I asked and everyone nodded eagerly

 

“Look! I am here!” Lay happily pointed at my unicorn painting

 

 

“Are you saying that you are a horse?!” I asked

 

“No, he is a unicorn!” Tao said in his hesitant Korean

 

“Chinja?”

 

“Ne.. He has the healing power..kk” Chanyeol grinned

 

“Oh.. I see” I said and we walked further as I explain and answered all their questions..

 

“There is Luhan hyung!” Sehun excitedly said

 

“Where?!” Everyone including I asked, only to find that he is pointing at my painting of HIM!

 

(credit to the rightful owner)

 

“Oh.. that..” I said and began to make a story of it, trying to hide what is the truth behind the painting when..

 

“Sunny!!!!!!!” I heard Yoona's voice, but my eyes didn't focus to her, rather to the man next to her.. To the man who's arm is wrapped on her waist..

 

“That is the real Luhanh hyung!” Chen said..

___________________________________________________________________________________________________