Her Bitter thoughts

Love Equation (You + I = Riot)

I waved happily to my hot, y, hopefully free and single little brother as I move away from the cue..


 

"Noona!!!!" He yelled again then like those scenes in romantic movies, only that this isn't romantic, we ran to meet each other and hugged..

 

 

“Taeminnie.. Niga neomu bogoshipdago..” I said as I buried my face on his lean chest.. I thought I would never cry once I get back to Korea. But the affectionate hug I shared with my little brother has changed the whole plan..

 

“Ssshhh.. noona.. ssshhh..” he hushed me like I am his dongsaeng while my hair.. “It's OK now.. it's OK.. you are no longer alone...”

 

“Aniya...” I said after I pulled away from him, “I am just happy to see you after all these years..”

 

Taemin kissed my cheeks and didn't say a thing, instead he wrapped a protective arm around my shoulders and whispered, “We should get going noona” Only then that I realized the people swarming us and the flashes of the lights.

 

The guards helped us to exit the airport.. I forgot that my brother is no longer the cutesy little Taetae I used to cuddle even in public places, no longer the boy I could kiss on the lips aside from my daddy.. He is now THE TAEMIN LEE of the infamous Shinee..Oh the old times..

 

Inside the car, I greeted Shinee's manager..

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo Mr. Manager”

 

“Omona Taemin-ah!! why didn't you tell me that your sister is really beautiful?”

 

“Haha. Hyung, I always tell you that my sister is cute.”

 

“Aniya.. You didn't tell me that the Sunny Lee is your sister”

 

“Hmm. Mianhaeyo Mr. Manager, it was me who has the idea of not telling the others about his sister”

 

“Waeyo? You guys are really amazing siblings judging by the looks”

 

“Because noona said that it's best if the both of us will reach our dreams because we have persevered for it and not because we were the sibling of one another.”

 

“So you mean you chose this so you could make your own name and far from the shadow of the other?”

 

“Exactly manager hyung..kkk”

 

“Mr. Manager allow me to thank you for taking good care of my Taetae..”

 

“It's my pleasure, it's my job anyway and these guys are like my own brothers too. You should have meet them, you know the other Shinee members”

 

“Actually I have met Onew and Key already”

 

“Chinjayo?!”

 

“Ne hyung.. Noona went to visit us during our vacation in Barcelona”

 

“Jeongmal?! Why didn't I know it?”

 

“Maybe it was back when they were just exploring the place by themselves Mr. Manager”

 

“Hmm. Just call me manager oppa.. maybe it was that time. kk. I can't remember much”

 

After a small talk with Tae and manager oppa, I didn't realized that I have already fallen asleep, when my little brother softly shook me, “Noona.. we are home..”

 

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around my surroundings, for a while I thought I was lost because this isn't where my London apartment is but then I saw the mansion that was known as the Choi's Manor..

 

 

I felt like my stomach is churning.. as the wave of nostalgia rushed inside me...”Home..”

 

“Ne noona.. welcome home.. the princess is back..”

 

An unknown man opened the door for me and smiled, ”Welcome back Lady Choi”

 

“Kamsahamnida... “

 

“SOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUU!!!!!!”

 

The voice startled me and I stared at Taemin for a second then he gave me a shrug whilst laughing, then I looked at the ladies in waiting who I didn't notice right away, there in the center stands the woman who never grow old, together with the man who drank all the contents of the fountain of youth.

 

“Mommy?! Daddy?!”

 

 

“Come here my princess...” Daddy opened his arms and big Taeminnie shoved me lightly, then like a lost little girl, I ran to them and hugged them so tight...

 

“mommy.. daddy.. I miss you...”

 

“We miss you too honey...”

 

I am pretty sure that you are wondering why I am like this, as what I have told you, I minimized my communication with them, I never really have shown myself to them not even once everytime they travel to Europe. Maybe you see me as a bad daughter, well it's just that I can't still face them because whenever I see them, all I remember are the images of my dark past..

 

I had a dinner with mom, dad and Tae after 5 years.. I missed home food. And I missed calling this place home.. I missed my mom's cooking.. Yeah, Miss Stephanie Hwang loves to cook, no matter how hectic her schedule is in attending several fashion shows and other events, she still makes sure that her family is good and well-fed.

 

I stared at my mom while we eat, she still has that eyesmile that can make everyone smile as well. At the age of 42, she still has that radiating beauty of a 23 year old.. Back then I wonder if I am really her their daughter.. At 46, President Siwon Choi is still as handsome as his earlier days as an actor, he still has that well-chiseled body.. No wonder our Taeminnie became this handsome..

 

“Soonkyu ah.. Your mommy is really proud of you when she saw your first centerfold on seventeen magazine 4 years ago”

 

“She can't stop squealing noona.. haha. I remembered that, and even dad. But because you told them not to tell that you are their child, they didn't have the chance to really brag about it”

 

“Soonkyu ah...”

 

“Can you please call me Sunny? Soonkyu is dead already”

 

“Omo. Mianhae Sunny ah.. hmmm.. Honey, Sunny is more cuter right? Aigoo. Blame your dad for naming you Soonkyu.. It was too old-fashioned I know.. bleh”

 

Taemin and I laughed as mom started to make fun of dad again, just like the old times.. hahaha..

 

“Hmmm..”

 

“Yes princess, anything you want to say?” Mom asked

 

“Hmm.. I just want to say sorry to mommy and daddy”

 

“Waeyo?” Mom asked while tucking a loose strand of my hair, then dad wiped his mouth with his napkin and looked at me too

 

“Because I let you feel bad.. I know that you are happy to see me in magazine covers but I told you not to tell people that I am your daughter..”

 

“Seriously.. we are really sad about it baby bunny.. but appa is sure that there is a reason, right?”

 

“*Nods* It's because I want to make a name for myself because I have worked for it and not because of the influence of my parents, and the same goes to Tae..”

 

“Ohh..Mommy and Daddy are proud of you two, you know that, right?” Daddy said, patting Taemin's hand and reaching for mine

 

“I, I don't know” I said

 

“We are baby..”

 

“Tae didn't also reveal right away that he is our son.. aigoo.. like noona like dongsaeng..”

 

“But nobody knew that I am his noona!!! Mommy what if they will think that I am his girlfriend?! I heard fans are quiet scary...”

 

“Haha.. noona, gwaenchana.. then let's pretend that we are dating..kk”

 

I shot a glare at him and said, “:You may be handsome and hot but I am not into PLUS I am not a pedo.. mom, look at Tae!!!!!”

 

Mom and dad smiled at each other while Taemin showed me his long-forgotten mehrong...

 

~o~

 

After breakfast, I went to my room with mom...

 

“Your favorite pink rose petals were already on the tub, the water is warm.. There is the chamomile oil you love and the lavender candle was lit already so the scent will envelop the whole bathroom before you freshen up...”

 

“Mom...”

 

“Yes honey?” she asked as she straightens the fabrics of my bedsheet

 

“How can you remember all of those?”

 

“It's because I am your mom.. I know everything about you because you came from me. We may be separated physically but not totally because love isn't lost just by distance”

 

“Mommy...” I said again and hugged her.. “I love you too mommy...”

 

“I know honey... Hurry, freshen up, I'll wait for you here”

 

I went inside the bathroom and stripped, I felt the water first before I dove into it.. The scent of the lighted candle has soothe my mind... I never really had time to do this back when I was studying and working abroad..

 

 

“You've changed a lot” mom said while drying my hair as I sit in front of my vanity mirror

 

“Did I?” I asked

 

“You've become more beautiful.. You are a lady now... a real lady...not the young lady Choi who used to climb on trees to give her mom a heart attack”

 

“Mom!!!!”

 

“haha. Yes, maybe you can no longer remember that... you climb on trees with Lu...oh.. never mind... “

 

“It's OK mom..” I said then touched the framed picture in front of me... I really did changed...

 

 

Mom left after she has fixed my hair and went to her office because of a phone call, I wore the sleeping dress she has placed on my bed before she went out.

 

Then I decided to take a visit to my brother's room..

 

Knock. Knock..

 

“Come in”

 

“Am I bothering you?” I asked, peeking on his door

 

“Aniyo noona, I am just watching”

 

I went inside and looked at the pictures and posters on his wall... “Tae, I am so proud of you...”

 

“I know noona,and so am I... kk”

 

“What are you watching?” I asked, sitting beside him on his bedroom sofa when I noticed the framed picture on the table which I took and stared intently..

 

 

“Oh... Those are 3 members from the new boy group that our company will launch”

 

“Hmmm... so you are close to them?” I asked, eyes fixed on one person

 

“Yeah.. You remember Kai? Or uhm.. maybe not.. well there is Kai, my bestfriend, then the two bestfriends Luhan hyung and Sehun.. “

 

“Luhan hyung?”

 

“kk. Yeah, hyung, he looks younger but definitely the older among us four”

 

“Is he kind?”

 

“Yesseu.. he actually takes good care to all of us.. hmmm. Don't tell me noona has a crush on him”

 

Ha.ha.ha. Oh please.. nooooooooooooooooo!!!! “Aniyo.. I don't have a thing for innocent looking boys.”

 

“Eh?"

 

Because they sometimes are the evil ones”

 

My little brother stared at me, debating on what he would answer but instead he just flipped on the channel of the TV and then...

 

[Pinyin]

Nǐ jiù bié zài yóu yù le hǎo ma
Jiù jǐn lā zhù wǒ de xīn zàng
Ài xiàng yī dào hěn cì yǎn de guāng máng
Líng lì de yuè guāng bǎ yǎn jīng guān shàng

Rú guǒ bù shì wǒ shì bié de nán rén
Rú guǒ zhè shì xǐ jù lǐ miàn de yī jù huà
xiào dàn le jiù ba
Wǒ huì hé nǐ de ài jiāo huàn shāng hén

Baby don’t cry, tonight
Dāng hēi yè zài xián liàng qǐ lái
Baby don’t cry, tonight
Jiù dàng zuò méi fā shēng guò yī yàng

Nǐ yǒng yuǎn dōu bù huì huà shēn xiàng pào mò yī yàng
Nán dào nǐ bù zhī dào ma
So baby don’t cry, cry
Wǒ de ài shǒu hù nǐ bù fàng kāi

[Translation]

Please don’t hesitate anymore
Just hold tight to my heart
Love is just like a dazzling light
Eyes closed upon the sharp moonlight

If it’s not me but other guy
If this is a sentence in a comedy
Where I can laugh it off
I will exchange your love with a scar

Baby don’t cry, tonight
When the dark night lit up
Baby don’t cry, tonight
Just treat it as if nothing happened

You will never be like foam
Don’t you know that
So baby don’t cry, cry
My love will protect you and never let go

 

Owh!!! The broadcast already started!!!”

 

Huh?” I asked then my eyes traveled on the screen of the television..

 

I am supposed to be there!!! haha.. But noona is more important..blahblahblah....”

 

I didn't hear everything my brother have said for my attention was grabbed by the baby faced assassin..

 

Baby don't cry? Tsh.. you may have the sincerity and the feelings in wanting to protect someone with that song but nobody knows that everything in you is made up of pure evilness...

 

Noona.. Noona!!!!!”

 

Huh?”

 

I am calling you for like 48 times already”

 

Gosh Tae, stop exaggerating...” but does he really?

 

I am not exaggerating!!!! Hmm.. I see that you are really having a crush on him... kkk”

 

Shut up!”

 

Fine...If you want I can introduce you to them.”

 

To?”

 

Them, EXO..”

 

No, thanks”

 

Oh come one noona, I know you like it.. kkk” he said and started tickling me,

 

Ya!!! tae stop!! it tickles.. pwahahahahahaha” I accidentally have touched the button on his sensitive remote control and the channel shifted to another one,

 

Who is the girl kissed by Shinee's Maknae? Is he ready for a public relationship?”

 

Tae stopped and then looked at the TV then to me, “Noona.. eotteokae?! Soo Man sonsaengnim will surely reprimand me!”

 

Why? What's wrong with hugging your sister?”

 

See! They thought that you are my girlfriend.”

 

So?”

 

Let's make it clear that we're siblings”

 

A light bulb flashed on my head and I cupped Taemin's face, “Listen... LISTEN OK? I want to meet EXO”

 

Huh?! Why talk about EXO NOW?!!!!!”

 

You want me to meet them right? Then let's pretend that I am your girlfriend for a short while.”

 

How is that?”

 

Just trust me...” I said then got up from my seat.. “By the way, Tae, baby don't cry is a nice song right?”

 

Huh?”

 

Nothing...” It's a nice song because it's mocking him... he's not a protector, he's a destroyer...

 

~o~

 

I'm home... Let's meet.. I miss you...”