Let it Go...slowly, then all at once

Love Equation (You + I = Riot)

Sunny felt like singing ‘the cold never bothered me anyway’ when she stepped out from her car and her feet met the thick blanket of snow on their lawn. The frosty ambiance has no match to the warm arms that embraced her. Right at that moment, Sunny felt like she made the right decision of going home to Luhan. After leaving her flat in London, this is the only place that really knew who Sunny Lee is. It has witnessed her breakdowns and blissful moments. Strangely, she really felt at home with the bipolar man who as if exactly knows how she felt that night and that all she needed was a tight hug.

“welcome home” they both beamed to each other. “let’s come inside?” he asked and she nodded. Together, they walked hand in hand to their house like a real married couple that as if it was the most normal thing to do.

The house felt warm and cozy, both thought. Maybe because they’ve grown used to living together that whenever the other isn’t home, the feeling of being alone is haunting, like a part of him/her isn’t totally there. In silence, they both went to their respective rooms, without even saying a word about the divorce, but before their doors’ closed, they turned to each other and said “everything’s gonna be ok.”

Sunny looked around her room and remembered the memories she had with it for just a short period of time. She opened her cabinets and closets one after the other. She ran her hand on the dress she’d worn during their party at the yacht in New Zealand. A playful smile formed on her lips as she traveled back on that time. The boys are exquisitely dressed as if they were princes who walked straight from a storybook and then there’s Yoona and her radiant beauty.

Her trunk came to view and she felt a pinch on her chest. It was the trunk she used when she went back to Korea the same, but changed. Now it will also be the same trunk she’ll bring with her when she will bid this place goodbye for good. As she touch her belongings, she felt like every bits and pieces of them holds a memory that she herself will never forget.

Tired and weary, she sat on her bed and wondered about how her friends and family reacted or if her parents already knew the reason behind it. She stared at her phone and thought of calling her other friend who’s at the other room at the moment when she heard a knock on her door, “sunny?”

“Yes?”

“Can I talk to you for a minute?”

~o~

They were inside Luhan’s room, wearing matching Tom and Jerry pajamas. Two mugs of steaming chocolate sat on the bedside table as The Fault in our Stars plays on the TV. Luhan has his head resting on Sunny’s lap while the latter lazily massages his scalp.

“Sunny?”

“hmmm?”

“I cannot tell you how happy I am for our little infinity, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. You gave me forever within the numbered days and I’m grateful”

“W..what?” she stuttered and looked at him, thankfully his eyes are glued on the screen

“Aish. Aren’t you watching?! It’s one of the movie’s best quotable quotes!” Luhan whined

She looked at the the tv and cleared “Oh, I didn’t hear it. I’m sorry”

“gwaenchana. This is really heartbreaking”

~o~

“Hmmm. Sunny.”

“What now?”

“Let’s take a selca, I want to post it on my IG”

“Mwo? We can’t. we’ve never done that right? Yoona will get mad, besides people knew that we’re already divorced.”

“Come on. A commemorative selca with my wife won’t hurt. Besides we kissed already and Yoona didn’t even got mad” he said, looking up at her with a playful grin

“Yah! That’s different you psychotic Casanova!” she protested and pushed him off her “she didn’t have to know because that’s a mistake right?”

“is it now?” he asked, moving on top of her like Flash, pinning bother her hands on her sides

“Yah! What are you doing? This is ual harassment” she giggled nervously and squirmed, trying to move away from him, avoiding his smoldering gaze

“do you want me to kiss every piece of you or would you agree to a selca?”

“I kissed Kris” she blurted out

“I know. Last time at New Zealand and you don’t look comfortable when you’re kissing” he whispered on her ears

“well, aside from that. J..just a..awhile ago” she stammered

She felt Luhan’s grip loosening so she closed her eyes, afraid to see his angry face but why would he be, she thought. He’s dating so she could too, right? Yet contrary to what she expected, Luhanh laughed and lied down beside her. With her eyes still closed, Sunny suddenly heard the *shutter* of the camera.

“woah. You look like you’re really sleeping. So pretty” he mumbled while looking at their picture. “Wae? What’s with that funny look Sunny?” he turned his head to her and caught her staring at him

“Nothing”

“tsh… I guess I’m too handsome for you. Were you being magnetized by my good looks wifey?”

Without a word, Sunny just shrugged and turned her back from him.

“You’re funny. Hmmm. I’ll just post this then I’ll sleep too. I bet you’re too tired. Aigoo, I guess she’s fallen asleep already. I’m talking to myself. Kkk. Ok. What caption should I put? Ah!”

I fall in love the way you fall asleep… slowly, then all at once. – the fault in our stars.

Goodnight everyone. Heart!

*finishing…done…after 30secs: 1001likes, 100comments*

“Omo. That fast? Kkk” he grinned then read some comments

sunhan4evs: ommo. Oppa and eonnie. <3 please make babies soon!

Luhanismine: @sunhan4evs idiot, they’re divorced

Icemist: maybe they are still friends and friends could love each other.

Snowdrop: omg. Why is he posting a photo of them just now after a long time? Why during the divorce news? *curious*

Soshi-el: they look so in love I don’t care about the ty news.

Sunnygalaxy: i think she and Kris oppa looks better together. I saw them during the fashion show. I ship them no matter what! Thank God she and Luhan are divorced.

I don’t care whatever nega s they say… he thought and watched his sleeping bunny. “Ah! I have an idea…”

Luhan slipped under the covers and hugged the unconscious Sunny. “Sunny ah, Sunny ah” he whispered seductively. “hmmm” she mumbled and he kept on whispering on her ears until she woke up and asked “wae??????”

“I have an idea”

“What? Can’t it wait until tomorrow?” she turned to face him fully, not minding his hand on her waist, hugging her

“it’s your first time sleeping in my room right?” why don’t we do something we’ve never done before that all husband and wife commonly do?” he smiled

“Yah! Byuntae!” Sunny was no longer sleepy and now she’s as alert as a watchdog. She pushed Luhan off the bed with all her might, causing him to fall on the floor -first, shielding her chest area with her hands

“Ouch!Yah!” he yelled

“Good for you! Byuntae!” she yelled back and stood up

“Byuntae?! Mwo?!” he can’t believe that she called him a ert that he was about to lose it and start a fight with her but when he realized what is happening, he laughed like he never laughed before.

Irked at his crazy reaction, Sunny stabbed him mentally “What’s funny?”

“Who’s funny you mean” he answered while clutching his stomach

“Stop making fun at me you stupid ert!”

Luhan immediately stopped laughing and stood up “Stupid ert?”

“Yeah!”

“I guess you’re talking about yourself”

“Excuse me?”

“I just want to drink soju with you. Most couple do that right? And we’ve been married and divorced yet we’ve never done it so I want to experience it with you for the first and last time. But you pushed me and called me a ert.”

She was too stunned and embarrassed when she heard his rational explanation that she hid her face on her palms. “omo. Omo. Omo. Eotteokae??? Eotteokae? Mianhae” she said, her face turning a bright shade of red

“Did you honestly expected me to touch you? Kiss you? Or caress your thighs or Lord help me do something more than that? Sunny I am still sane and I respect that you are off limits. I won’t do that without your consent. Hmmm. Well. Wait a minute. No, not really. I hugged you when I want to. I kissed you when I want to… but really I can’t just caress your thighs nor well, do you know…” he said as-a-matter-of-factly

“Well. You’re quite right…” she breathlessly answered “let’s just have soju and forget we actually talked about that. I’m really sorry”

~o~

It’s two in the morning and everyone must already be asleep but Sunny and Luhan are just about to call it a night…

“night ‘nny” Luhan slurred

“Nahnight” sunny answered and both stumbled on the bed

Everyone knew that Sunny has high alcohol tolerance and maybe Luhan got too drunk that he forgot about it and though that she is on the same state as him.

She watched him when he started to travel his way to dreamland until he settled there with his even breathing. He really look like an innocent child…so fragile that all she wants is to look after him forever.

‘Soonkyu ah… mianhae. I tried to be tough and y but I guess I’m still like you, always afraid to hurt people. Is it because you’ve known pain very well that you don’t want me to introduce it to others? Is it you who’s stopping me from making this guy suffer? Is it because you still feel something for him? Why? Why are you doing this to me? Stop taking over me… Jebal’ she smiled bitterly, feeling like a schizophrenic who’s talking to her weak alter ego. She looked up at the window and watched the mood hide in the clouds leaving Luhan’s room tentatively dark but then she got lost with her own thoughts again.

“It’s funny. It was also snowing hard that night he left me cold and alone, tonight seems to be the heaviest snowfall just like that night, but here he is beside me now… Luhan-ah, do you know Hammurabi’s code?”

Sunny mustered all her courage to get up and finally, she kissed Luhan’s forehead, bidding him goodbye. It’s time for her to go. Her luggage are waiting for her in her room. She thought of leaving him a note but he didn’t do that then right? So why would she? As she was about to climb down the bed, Luhan pulled her to him, causing her to fall back to bed with her head resting exactly on his chest, making her to feel his heartbeat. She tried to move away but it only made him tighten his hold on her… “Soonkyu ah… It’s cold. Don’t go” he said in his sleep

“Luhan?” Sunny asked, scared that he’s awake and has heard everything she said. Fortunately, the man Is just sleep-talking. Sunny tried again to move “Don’t leave me please” he said again, tears falling on his face

“Oh.. Luhan what should I do with you, you jerk!” she said and fell asleep crying.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know this has been old news already and too late for me to react but I only expressed my feelings with my bestfriends reagrding this. Now I guess it's really time for me to let go of my Sunsun ship and let it sink peacefully deep in the ocean of desperate hopes.