Project Runway

Love Equation (You + I = Riot)

 

YOONA's POV

 

It's been a while since the news of Lu Han's marriage to Sunny Lee, the daughter of the powerful Choi Hotels and Condominiums broke. Ever since that happened, Lu Han and I just pretended as if it was just a bad dream, like that day never really existed that as if it's still just the two of us, no third party who will ruin the mood. Judging from my boyfriend's attitude towards her, I know I am secured.

 

Going back to the first time when I met her, I already felt like we have some strange connection, in a way, I smiled with a mixture of bitterness when I see her. Before I wonder what is it in me to have such a bad feeling to her, but I know now why. She is a potential risk to my love life. If I had known better back then, then I might have made a shabby dress for her during the opening of her gallery but no, I can't do that. Personal matters shall be separated from work. After all, with her fame, I will be more known in the fashion industry, not a s a model but as the woman behind fabulous works. I have to play like a good friend to her and make sure that she will wear only my creations.

 

In this game of love, even the tamed sheep can turn to a ferocious beast..

 

“Ms. Im, Madam Song wants to see you in her office now”

 

“Tell her that I am coming” I said to my assistant

 

I checked my reflection on the large mirror and made sure that I look smart and confident. The least thing that you want to happen when you meet your boss who happened to be your boyfriend's mother is o look like a crap and a dumb in front of her.

 

To reach Madam Song's office, the fastest way is to use the elevator which is legit since her office lies on the topmost floor of the building. I walked the marbled floor to her office and cheerfully greeted her staffs, of course I need to show them that I am an angel. No one here knows that Lu Han and I are in a relationship other than the powerful woman inside the big oak-wood door in front of me.

 

Knock. Knock. Knock...

 

“Miss Im, you can get it now” the door attendant who's mini table is beside me said

 

The door knob turned against my palm and I was greeted by an inviting floral scent. The silence is deafening, all I can hear is the clanking of my stilettos as I move closer to Madam Song's desk..

 

“I expected to have you here 5 minutes after I summoned you” she said, standing with her back against me. I know better to just keep quiet. She turned around and looked at me straight in the eyes, whatever is running inside her mind, I am clueless. “Have a seat”

 

“Thank you ma'am”

 

“You look fresh and beautiful darling” she said whilst sitting on her own chair

 

“Thank you ma'am”

 

She opened a folder and began reading, I clasped my fingers together waiting for her to talk to me. “Do you know why I asked you to come see me this early?”

 

“I don't really have any clue ma'am”

 

“I have talked to my husband this morning about you and our son...” she trailed and I swear, I am too afraid to hear whatever is coming next. Please don't let her tell me that they want me to break up with him.. please.. NO.. “We will be holding a grand fashion show”

 

“I don't understand the connection of Lu Han and I and the fashion show ma'am...”

 

Her eyes narrowed, I felt like I am being swallowed by the earth but instead of earning a glare, she laughed, a very very sweet laugh.. “I know that my son is the most comfortable when you are around”

 

“Ma'am, I still have no clue”

 

“I am giving you a gift Yoona..”

 

A gift? What? Are you allowing Lu Han and I to live together? Announce our love in public and let Sunny Lee move away from that house???? “A gift?”

 

“Ne. I will let you be the director of that Fashion show... Sunny and EXO are the main leads and the concept will be femme fatale and alpha male, how is that? With all the perseverance that you have shown me, I know that the show is in good hands. You have one month to prepare for the clothes and rehearsals. But first, I want to know your answer, is it a yes?”

 

Oh my God!!! Ohh my God!!!! It might not be what I am expecting but still, I can get to work freely with my boyfriend, I can see him more often... “Yes Ma'am, I will do it!”

 

“Of course you will, there is no one who can pull off a great show other than you. I trust you in this, don't let me get disappointed honey”

 

“Yes ma'am”

 

“Well, that's all. Good luck”

 

I stood up and bowed to but instead Madam Song pulled me and gave me a hug.. “You worked hard honey..” she said and patted my head, I tried my best to stop the tears from falling. That one hug had made pulled away all the thorns in my heart.. For the first time in my life, I felt envious to Sunny Lee. I wish I could be so close to Lu Han's mother.

 

~o~

 

I stayed inside my office to work on the details of the fashion show... The stage design, the media, the models, the clothes... seriously, this job is excruciating but this is the best way to show Sunny Lee that I am not just anybody..

 

My mind is foggy already, I can't seem to think right anymore. I guess I need to sleep now when my phone rang..”Hello?”

 

“HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

“Yuri unnie!!!”

 

“It's Choi Ana you kiddo”

 

“Haha. But I want to call you with your real name” I smiled as I talk to my bestfriend. We haven't seen each other for ages since we're both busy with our work, and hearing her voice now makes me want to swim across the pacific just to have a good time with her

 

“Ayyyooo, Gangsta Yul is on her way to Seoul babe!”

 

“Chinja?”

 

“Ne.. I want to see you and Seororo”

 

“Aigoo. Seororo is kinda busy with her studies that I barely see her as well”

 

“Did you already met her boyfie?”

 

“Yeah, but hmm, we didn't talk that much”

 

“Aishhh.. I need a girls' night out and you can't say no!”

 

“Tonight?!”

 

“Pabo, of course not tonight but since I'm on my way to Seoul already, why not meet up with the one available among the trio right?”

 

“Haha. Sure, why not?”

 

“Where are you now? Are you not busy?”

 

“Actually I am, but what is one night if you will spend it with the bestfriend you haven't seen for like eons already”

 

“Gee, that long?”

 

“Yeah. That long.”

 

“Hmm.. And you have a lot to tell me, yah, you didn't answer my question, where are you?”

 

“I'm still in the office, starting to work on the details of a big project”

 

“Aish, stop doing whatever is that, tonight is YoonYul night! You have to look fab in 10 minutes”

 

“What? 10 minutes?!”

 

“Of course, I'll be there in 10 minutes and it's a shame to see an exhausted looking Im Yoona..”

 

Seriously, Yuri unnie is such a nag but well, only the fabulous people fit in the fabulous world, I quickly undressed and had a swift steamy shower then wore something that is comfortable and elegant at the same time.

 

As expected, she is not on time so I had 45 minutes of vanity..

 

“Hey you y lady” she said and kissed my two cheeks when I went inside her car

 

“Wow, look at you, you've become more beautiful”I said

 

She flipped her hair and smiled, “I don't have the rights to be with one of Korea's best actress if I'll look like an ahjumma”

 

“Aigoo, you're still a sweet talker”

 

“Am I?”

 

Yuri and I had so much small talks until we reached our destination, a resto bar that overseeing the whole City of Seoul

 

“Beautiful isn't it” she said as we sit down

 

“Yeah..”

 

We both enjoyed a platter of lobster and other delicious but health-friendly food matched with a bottle of red wine..

 

“So, is it true?” she asked

 

“what?”

 

“That he is married?”

 

“Well, yeah.. an unwanted one” I answered

 

“Don't let your guards down honey...”

 

“I know but Lu Han is not interested with her even though they live in one house”

 

“What?! You allowed that to happen?”

 

“As if there's anything that I can do, besides, I trust Lu Han”

 

“I told you, don't let you guards down. She might be a vixen or a snake”

 

“Don't worry, I'm way hotter than her”

 

“But her s are no joke!”

 

I couldn't contain my laugh with her comment, aish this girl.. “unnie!!!! hahahahahahahaha”

 

“What?! I'm just telling you the truth, a man can think of the S thing for like gazillion of time in a day and when you live with a girl with a body like that.. errr.. you know..”

 

“Unnie, Lu Han is not like the other boys.”

 

“But he has the same hormones as the other boys..”

 

“Unnie.. Let's stop the talk regarding that, I know him.”

 

“Arasso.. Mianhae. So what it is that is making you busy huh??”

 

“Miss Song entrusted me her biggest project this season”

 

“You mean THE SONG QUIAN?!”

 

“Ne. Miss Victoria”

 

“Oh.my.!!! Chukahae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” she said and hugged me tight, “I'm so proud of you Yooonnng!!”

 

“Gomawo unnie, actually I am more worried than excited, it will feature some of my creations as well, but directing the whole even is kinda burdensome”

 

“Yaaa, don't think that way..”

 

“I need to talk to some famous models, do you know some?”

 

“Ehem..”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Ehem..”

 

“Unnie. Why do you keep on clearing your throat?!”

 

“Pabo! I mean I am in front of you, which basically mean that I am volunteering myself!”

 

“Chinjayo?!”

 

“Ne.. As long as I can move side to side with Kris Wu, that is my one and only condition”

 

I clapped my hand and giggles, “Aigoo, your wish is my command. But I need other female models”

 

“I knew some, we are not that close but I have worked with them already, Kim Taeyeon, Jessica Jung and Sooyoung Choi, they are pretty popular you know”

 

“Hmm. Do you have their phone numbers?”

 

“Of course. For you to be accepted you have to be in the circle with the rich and famous, and they are THE RICH AND FAMOUS. Kkk”

 

“Omo, Yuri unnie, you've matured well”

 

“Of course, the fashion industry is one of the most competitive one. Some may fulfill their dreams of becoming models but in the end, sometimes they could only walk the runway once and then retired. I don't want that to happen to me”

 

“That will never happen to you”

 

“I hope so”

 

~o~

 

That night, I sent emails to Miss Choi, Miss Kim and Miss Jung, asking them if they want to work with the Song Fashion line in our Spring-Autumn Fashion show...

 

I wish they will agree..

 

I checked my phone and found a message from Lu Han,

 

I am trying to call you all day but you weren't answering. Good night baby. Dream of me. <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

2nd update.. kkk

 

Question, who are the Filipinos here and members of the EXOPH spazz group.. comment and talk to me. I'm curious if there are some. LOL