Interview - Lies Vs Truth

Love Equation (You + I = Riot)

 

LUHAN's POV

 

We just landed in China and I feel really tired and drained. Tonight, we'll be attending a meeting with the rest of the nominees for the 5th Mengniu Music Awards then dinner and then all aboard to the hotel, can't I just do the last one? I mean, only the leader and guardian will converse with them anyway, we'll just be there for pictures-purposes and nothing more. Maybe we will be asked a few questions but then EXO has 12 members anyway.

 

“No. You all have to be there” Manager hyung said in the van when Lay attempted to ask if we could just stay in the hotel and Suho and Kris will just be the ones attending

 

All in all, the meeting/semi press conference lasted for an hour. My jaws are numb already for smiling that long. Kris and Tao has to guide Chanyeol because the poor kid has yet again temporarily lost his vision because of the endless flashes. Sometimes I really feel like smacking these media men heads, can't they even consider him?! He just got surgery to satisfy our fans and this is what he got in return..

 

“Just lie down on my shoulder and close your eyes, everything will be fine sooner or later” I heard Kris talking to him on the back

 

“You're the leader, why can't you even do a simple request for them to turn off their flashes?” I asked, irked

 

“You're not just them man there” he answered

 

“So? One of our members here was hurt because of them, so what if they don't get any HD shots? At least Chanyeol won't be like that”

 

“Hyungs, stop it. I'm OK. Seriously. I understand the media men, they help in promoting us, so don't argue please?” Chanyeol said

 

“See. You are older than him but he thinks better than you” he said.

 

“ off” I glared

 

“Ya! Will you just stop you two?! You are brothers and yet you keep on arguing lately?! Do you think I don't notice it?! I am just keeping my mouth shut and observing but you two, you're getting over board! How dare you act like that in front of your Dongsaengs huh?!” Manager hyung yelled from the front seat.

 

I bit my lower lip and glared at Kris WU who shut his eyes... I looked around inside and felt really sorry... Everyone is looking down, quietly sitting down. Since when did we become like this? This is not the usual. Manager hyung is supposed to be yelling at us for being all noisy and laughing together, not like this..

 

“I'm sorry” he said in English then leaned his head on Chanyeol who is leaning on his shoulder

 

“How about you LuHan?” Manager hyung asked, glaring at me

 

“Why would I?” and yes, I know I made the biggest mistake...

 

We are to stay in China for 5 days and 4 nights.. The last night will be the Awarding Ceremony. Kris and I speaks casually when needed and avoided each other most of the times. For the whole time that we stayed in China, we never had the chance to play around. Everything is all about work.

 

“Yoona ssi will be your official stylist for tomorrow's event, I will go to the airport now to fetch her and her team so you better behave yourselves, I can't be with you during your interview”

 

“Ne hyung”

 

We were on our way then to the SINA live chat when he informed us about it... Yoona. Just the mention of her name makes me smile but at the same time, a feeling of not wanting her to be here came to me. Don't get me wrong, I love her.. so much... so much that it hurts me to think that I am hurting her because I can't be publicly with her and because I am developing something I shouldn't to the woman who stays with me under one roof.

 

~o~

 

“I heard or should I say that it's all over the news when the night that LuHan's marriage was exposed, how did you all feel?” the MC asked

 

“Well, we are all really shocked, we felt betrayed at some point because we have been together for a long time even before we debut but we never knew about him being married” Kris answered

 

“I felt really envious” Chen laughed

 

“How about SeHun?” tsh, China is very much into OTPs mind you so if a question about me is asked, they always seek about Sehun's answer and vice versa, same as with the others. KrisYeol is more prominent in China than other EXO-Kris OTPs by the way

 

“I felt sad” he murmured

 

“Well, Sehun and LuHan hyung are really close, justthe mention of his name makes the other smile. They are so close that sometimes it makes us think that they are having a love affair” Suho joked

 

“And that's why we all felt thankful that LuHan hyung is married” Kai continued

 

The atmosphere in the set was so light that everyone felt really comfortable... and somehow, Kris and I interacted which is something I am thankful for.

 

“Your wife is the long-lost daughter of the very powerful Choi couple, how come you kept your marriage for a long time and didn't you think at one point to divorce her? I mean it was revealed that she studied in Europe . Did you constantly contact each other then?” The MC asked and everyone turned quiet with their eyes locked on my direction

 

“Well, for all the time that we're apart, we never contacted each other”

 

“Really? Why?”

 

“Because we have agreed about it. I want to be honest in here” I began, “We never loved each other at first. Our marriage is just something you could call fixed marriage because our family are very close”

 

I stopped to breathe and looked around, the MC is signaling me to continue so I did, “We went on the same school. I am a varsity player at that time and she was just an ordinary girl. I knew already then that we are about to get married but she didn't. When I saw her for the first time, I was like 'wow... she's so cute'”

 

The people on the set were smiling and nodding, well, those who don't know about the truth, I mean... “Yes please continue, oh my... I can feel a very sweet story is about to unfold now my dear viewers” the MC squealed like a teenager

 

I smiled, “From afar, I always look at her. Then one time, I heard from my teammates that someone in our class is making a fan club for me, turned out that it was her... My heart is very happy. Did I tell you that we are classmates then? *audience and MC shaking their heads* no? Well,. We are classmates but we never talked, I am too shy and she has this guy friend who seemed to be so selfish to share her with others that is why I am really glad when she established the Deer Dear fanclub”

 

“Isn't that the name of her gallery now? Oh my God... that's just so sweet” the MC commented

 

“Yes. *smiles and nods* So we got close and closer from then on. Sometimes we eat together with my teammates or sometimes just the two of us. Until one day, I can no longer hide my feelings for her. I told her I love her and she said so was she. I told her about our families' deal and at first she was shocked.”

 

“Did she slap and left you when you told her, because you know in some dramas that I watch, women gets angry rather than touched when they know that the guy they love is hiding from them no matter if its good or bad sometimes, I don't know what's with them?” she Joked

 

“I think he got slap” my members commented

 

“*grins* actually, I was slapped with kisses.. *crowds cheering* ne. I am not joking. The next day, I told my mom that someone is coming over. She asked who and I said my girlfriend. She was really mad at me and said that I can't because I am engaged already. But I acted like a rebellious child and said she should first meet my girlfriend. My mom actually has a very soft heart for me so she agreed but said that my marriage with the daughter of the Choi couple will still continue”

 

“Wait, Kai who is sitting beside me now whispered on my ears, ask him why didn't he know her if their family are friends” she said, “Haha. It seems like your brothers are putting you on the spot LuHan”

 

I looked at Kai who smiled at me then said “We were playmates when we were young but Tiffany umma chose to home school them. I never got the chance to meet her and Taemin while we are growing up. I myself don't even know why as well.” they nodded and I continued, “So as I am saying, my parents met her and they are very happy because at least, I am dating my fiancee. Sunny and I were reckless back then, we asked them if we could get married at that time since we'll get married in the future anyway if not at that time. My mom got hysterical and called her mom then before we knew it her parents and my parents are already discussing about our marriage which will happen on the next day”

 

“You seemed to be so into her” Kris commented with a fake smile

 

“Ne. I am. But after our marriage.. on our first night, we made this deal...”

 

“Wait, you didn't tell Taemin right away?” Kai asked

 

“He knew but he can't come to the wedding because he is a trainee in SM already then.”

 

“What is your deal?” The MC asked this time

 

“We decided to be away from each other. We both know that we are young, we realized that we have to be mature first.”

 

“But you tied the knot already” she said

 

“I know, we know. That is why we decided to be away from each other to test our love. That same night, I left her and went to pursue my dream of being an idol and left even my school. We stopped communicating with each other then. I admit, I am really afraid that she might fall for others, but I kept my faith to my wife. I knew that she went to pursue her college studies in Europe after graduation. And I promised to myself that I will debut before she got back and I will announce to the whole world that I am married.”

 

everyone is teary-eyed now,”Haven't you got the thought that your career might tumble if you announced it?” she asked

 

“Well, I did that's why a part of me is telling me not to but I love her... I love her so much that because of that love, I got the courage to tell the truth to our CEO whom I am thankful for right now...”

 

“And your fans seemed to be OK with the idea of you getting married, let's ask your members, did you felt worried or afraid when LuHan announced his marriage? Because fans, let's admit it or not, we are quite possessive to our idols so if we learned that they are married or in a relationship, we sometimes leave them behind. Kris, as the leader, what did you feel?”

 

I turned to look at him as he answered, “I admit, I am so worried. I came from Canada, I left my family behind and worked hard to be where I am now and not only me, but all of us. And I know this kind of mentality that some fans have so at some point I got angry because we might lose whatever we have now. I mean we are just rookies, that's why but then I thought, if I were in his place, I will do exactly the same thing he did for the girl I love. especially that Sunny Lee in my own opinion is a girl worthy risking for. I think we really should just be thankful for our fans who still stayed with us through thick and thin”

 

“Yeah.. we are so so thankful of our beautiful fans” Suho added

 

“Sadly, we don't have much time but we are all lucky now to have a chat and learned a lot of things to our very handsome boys and at the same time, if I am not mistaken, this is the first time that LuHan talked about his marriage. Any last words?”

 

“Well, like I said, we are very thankful to our fans for supporting and loving us. Tomorrow is one of the most important days in our lives, it'll be the first award ceremony that we will be attending, no matter what the outcome is, we still love our fans” Suho said

 

“Thank you and LuHan, how about a message to your wife?”

 

“Sunny ah... I know that sometimes we argue over things, that sometimes we get jealous toward each other *crowds making a teasing tone* but I love you very much. I will never let other men to get you from me”

 

~o~

 

That night, I received a phone call from our CEO congratulating me for a job well done. He told me that because I am a good boy, he will give me a reward but he will only give it to me after we came back from China.

 

“I always knew that you are good at lying” Kris whispered to me while waiting for our food to arrive.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

first update... I'm thinking of double or triple update for today since tomorrow, school will start again and I'll be busy again OTL

 

I'm jealous.... ;___;