A Love Story From the Past

Love Equation (You + I = Riot)

 

 

 Lu Han's POV

 

The best way to have a good day is to avoid all the possible reasons of a bad vibe so I always avoid any possible contact with the madwoman who lives in the same house with me.

 

Everyday I wake up early to go to the EXO dorm and stay there.

 

"Why are you always here? You have a wife who could cook for you" Sehun once told me. I was a bit taken aback by his question. Of all people in the dorm, he is the only one who complained of me staying with them

 

"Because I feel more comfortable here and I am pretty sure that whatever it is that she is stirring in her large cauldron could be the death of me" I answered cutely

 

"I don't want to see you here, you are annoying" he countered

 

"Yah Oh Sehun, what's wrong with you?!"

 

Instead of answering me he just left the room alone..

 

"What's wrong with that kid?" I asked Kris who is reading on the other couch

 

"Pretty much, 'what's wrong with you'" he said and went back to his book

 

"There's nothing wrong with me" I mumbled

 

~o~

 

Today, I went to my parents' house so I could give maknae time to miss me.

 

"Did Yoona already told you?" my mom asked whilst placing a glass of orange juice beside the jacuzzi where I am plunged

 

"huh?"

 

"I guess she haven't yet" she said

 

"I haven't seen her yet"

 

"That's good" mom said which irked me

 

"What?!"

 

"Lu Han, for the second time, don't you dare raise your voice on me"

 

"How could you tell your son that it's a good thing when he cannot meet up with the girl he loves"

 

"Because as a mother I want to protect my son from any possible harm. If the media found out that you have a relationship outside marriage what will make you then?! I'm 100% sure that it will be the cause of your downfall together with Yoona, now tell me, as your mother, don't I have the rights to worry?"

 

I felt a pang of pain for my mom inside me... Sometimes I act like a rebel because I think that they never really care for me but everytime I do something, they are the ones who are with me. "I'm sorry mom"

 

"As if I cannot accept the apology coming from my son" she said and ruffled my hair just like when I am still a kid, "How are you and Sunny?"

 

"I think we're fine since we are not seeing each other"

 

"Can you do me a favor?"

 

"Anything for my beautiful mommy"

 

"Treat her well..."

 

"I am already doing that, see, we're not arguing"

 

"Because you are not seeing each other. I want you to treat her like a friend if you can't do it as a husband"

 

Just the mere thought of being friends with someone you despise makes me shudder in a bad way.. "Mom... That's quiet difficult you know.."

 

"There is no harm in trying son. I have seen her suffer, it breaks my heart"

 

"Tell me mom, don't you like Yoona for me?"

 

"Of course I like her, I love whoever you love.."

 

"Then where is this conversation going to? Why do you care much to Sunny Lee?"

 

"Because I can see myself in her situation"

 

"Did daddy left too?"

 

"Aniya..."

 

"Then what is the connection?"

 

"Stephanie, Sunny's mom, and I are bestfriends since High School, she is the first person who stood up for me against those who bully me for my bad Korean.. We met your daddy and Siwon during our college years in Stanford, like us they are bestfriends"

 

"Wow, I never thought that your friendship has been that long"

 

"Ne. I think it has become stronger through the test of time"

 

"But I don't understand what is it with me becoming friends with their daughter?"

 

"I fell in love with Choi Siwon"

 

That statement of my mom made the topic more blurry... Is Sunny Lee my half sister?! Wait, but we were both born on the same year, are we twins who are from different ?! Darn, that's a ridiculous idea Lu Han. "you fell in love with Mr. Choi...okay? Then why didn't you end up with him?"

 

"Ne. Because he is smart and sporty and he is God-fearing. But there is already a thing between him and my bestfriend Tiffany. In short, I can never have the man I love"

 

"Why didn't you fight for him?"

 

"Because I simply treasure my friendship with Tiffany, the one person who has brought out the best in me. The person who has been with me through thick and thin. Though the pain of not having the one you love is brutal, I fought it. It so happened that your adaddy who is also my confidante is feeling the same as I did. He is secretly in love with Tiffany.. In the end, I think Tiff and Siwon are just God's tools for Mimi and I to find each other. I could still remember when he proposed to me and sang his self-composed song under the moonlight in his father's rice field in China.."

 

"If I am not your son, I will think that you are just making up a story.. Why did you just told me that now? And what song did daddy sing?"

 

"Because you are too young back then to understand the pain of losing someone you love. The song's title is At Least I Still Have You.. Do, can you do me that favor of mine, if she can't have you as a lover, then at least be a good friend to her"

 

"aigoo... as if I still have any more reason to say no.." I said and grinned

 

"Thank you son..." mom said and pecked my cheeks then she placed a headphone on my ears and there, I heard my father's voice singing a very touching song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEisEWR_Gv8&feature=related) [A/N my favorite SJM song.. T___T all my feels omg]... One day I'm gonna sing a song for Yoona too as I ask her to be my wife.. one day..  

_____________________________________________________________________________

3rd update.. weee!!!

 

OuO Sunny bunny unnie saranghae!!! <3 <3 <3