Pride

You're Mine

 

I think I’ll make the chapters shorter and more to the point. Is that ok with you guys?

And I am SO SORRY for not updating because my laptop keyboard spoilt and I had to get an external keyboard (too lazy to send it for servicing :P)

I hope this chappie meets your expectations and ENJOY~! ^^

 

 

(A few days later)

 

—Ryeowook’s POV—

“Kim Ryeowook! Get out here with your hyung or we’ll be late!”

I looked towards the door and then at the clock, grabbing my bag in the process. “HYUNG!”

Youngwoon hyung had been pretty depressed for the past few days, just as Teukie umma was. However, my hyung at least responded. He wasn’t actually in depression. Teukie umma, on the other hand, was.

For the past few days, whenever we visited Teukie umma at the hospital, he wouldn’t show any form as acknowledgement towards us. He’d just be like how he was at first: hugging his knees and mumbling to himself. It never changes.

On the other hand, my hyung was so glad when he didn’t have to deal with Teukie umma last Friday, after the incident. I can tell that he really is hurt by this, but he hasn’t stopped to think about how Teukie umma would feel. Although he has a right to be hurt, he should spare a thought for Teukie umma as well.

It took a while, but my hyung shuffled out of his room eventually. I probably shouldn’t tell him that Teukie umma’s coming back to school today. We should give them a chance to get back together on their own. Only if it fails will we step in.

I opened the door happily and gave my beloved boyfriend a peck on the lips before we went to the lift together, hand-in-hand. I think we shouldn’t have done that cause Jongjin was pretty awkward with my hyung in the back. Poor Jongjin.

We got on the bus when it came, sitting together in silence. I don’t talk much to my hyung now since I’ll somehow bring Teukie umma up and he’ll get real pissed. I spotted Sungmin hyung get on the bus and I went to drag him over to sit with us.

“Min hyung, when will Kyuhyun come back?” I asked. Sungmin hyung smiled brightly when I mentioned Kyuhyun.

“Tomorrow!”

I gasped and squealed. “That’s great!”

Sungmin hyung nodded and grinned even wider.

“Kyuhyun’s fine?” Sungie asked. Sungmin hyung nodded furiously. “That’s good. We’ll need all the help we can get. Does he know what happened?”

“I roughly explained the situation to him and he was pretty troubled by it, but I think he should be able to help. Is he fine?” Sungmin hyung asked, pointing to Youngwoon hyung. I sighed and shook my head.

“He refuses to talk about anything. We already know that both parties weren’t at fault, but he doesn’t want to believe it. He’s stubborn,” I replied. We can’t mention either of their names or hyung would get mad.

Sungmin hyung sighed and looked over at hyung.

“He isn’t the only one who’s hurting, sheesh.”

“Leave me alone,” Youngwoon hyung replied with his eyes closed.

“Hyung, you can’t avoid him forever,” I reminded him. Youngwoon hyung heaved a huge sigh and looked at the two of us.

“Leave. Me. Alone. Which part of this do you two not understand? I’m getting off,” hyung said, looking pretty pissed off as he alighted the bus two stops earlier and began walking to school. Sungie scooted over to where my hyung was sitting and we looked as Youngwoon hyung ran towards the direction of school. This is probably his way of relieving stress.

“I really hope that KangTeuk can get back together without our help. I can’t even imagine how Leeteuk’s going to live without Kangin in his life. He’ll be stuck in his current state of depression,” Sungie shook his head in dismay at the thought.

We agreed with him and sighed simultaneously. For the next ten minutes or so, none of us talked. Well, Jongjin did try to lighten the mood with some of his lame jokes.

“What did the banana say to the doctor?”

The three of us turned to look at him and Sungie wanted to face palm himself. I bet that Jongjin’s already told him this joke before. Sungie opened his mouth to answer but was stopped by Jongjin.

“Hyung, don’t ruin the fun for them!” he scolded. Sungie raised a brow and shrugged.

Truth be told, what kind of weird joke is this? Like seriously?

“We don’t know the answer,” Min hyung replied.

“It said, ‘Doctor, I’m not peeling so well.’ Get it? Feeling and peeling? Hahaha that was a good joke,” Jongjin laughed by himself. Min hyung and I deadpanned and didn’t know how to respond, so I laughed awkwardly to save Jongjin the embarrassment.

“I am so sorry for my brother’s behaviour,” Sungie said, as if we didn’t see this side of Jongjin almost every day. Now that, we laughed at. If you can imagine Sungie apologising to some strangers because Jongjin disturbed them with some lame joke, you’d get why we would laugh.

“I’m sorry Jongjin, but Sungie is a natural at making people laugh. Just focus on cooking ne?” I told him.  Jongjin pouted and nodded, picking his bag up and making his way to the exit. Amongst our awkward silence and jokes, we’d reached school.

We scanned our cards and got off the bus, hoping to find the others before my hyung does.

 

------------------------------------

 

“Teukie umma, we missed you!”

And with that, regardless of whether or not Teukie umma wanted to be touched, I hugged him tightly. He was obviously uncomfortable, but he didn’t make any sound. He just fidgeted around and tried to escape my embrace.

“Teukie’s condition is slightly better than at first. He still doesn’t want to be touched, but he doesn’t scream when people touch him, not anymore. His soul isn’t back yet though,” Heechul hyung sighed and leant back against Hankyung hyung.

I could completely see what he meant by that. Teukie umma was just blanking out. He wasn’t even focusing on us at all. All he did was to look at the sky which was completely clear, and stone there.

“Come on Teukie umma; let’s get to the auditorium for assembly,” Henry called out. I noticed how Zhoumi wanted to hold Henry’s hand, but the latter just blushed and shook his head, pulling his hand back.

“Leeteuk hyung doesn’t have to go to the auditorium. Do you want to, hyung? You could just stay in the sick bay, that’s what the principal said,” Shindong hyung asked. Teukie umma turned to look at Shindong hyung and nodded ever so slightly.

We were about to go up when Youngwoon hyung suddenly walked into school, drenched in sweat from all the running. I watched as Teukie umma’s eyes lit up after being dead for so many days. He began to approach Youngwoon hyung hopefully, but what did Youngwoon hyung do?

He turned and left. He didn’t spare Teukie umma a second glance before he stormed off. I can’t take any more of this bull. My hyung has to grow up.

I grabbed onto Sungie’s hand and followed Youngwoon hyung. Min hyung followed us too, while everybody else went up to the auditorium. Siwon had to help Teukie umma upstairs, for god’s sake. He was that weak and frail. I wonder if he’s eaten these past few days.

We finally caught up to Youngwoon hyung after about five minutes or so, and I blocked his path. He was really annoyed and his facial expression told me to move, but I did otherwise. I hadn’t ever expected myself to do something like this to hyung, but I did.

I slapped him, right across the face.

Youngwoon hyung blinked once, twice, and his entire face turned red.

“Kim Ryeowook, what do you think you’re doing?!” he demanded furiously.

“What do you think you’re doing, hyung?! Do you honestly think that Teukie umma kissed Taeyeon on purpose? Are you really so stupid?!” I shrieked. I wasn’t trying to attract any attention, but it just happened and soon enough, a number of students and even staff surrounded us.

“Jungsu does NOT deserve my forgiveness for this matter. Give me three good reasons why I should,” hyung challenged. Three good reasons? Easy. Challenge accepted, hyung.

Sungie and Min hyung were busy trying to chase students away while I settled matters with hyung.

“Firstly, it wasn’t his fault that Taeyeon kissed him. She was forced into doing it by some circumstances, and it was only the angle that made it seem like Teukie umma enjoyed it. Secondly, he’s paid a big enough price for his mistake. Haven’t you noticed how thin he’s gotten over a span of half a week? And he is so damn afraid of being touched because you punched him for interacting with Taeyeon physically. Last but not least, hyung, Teukie umma loves you. He really does.”

I said the last point softly, letting it sink in. Youngwoon hyung knew that I was right, but he had too much pride to show it. I noticed a senior, Kim Jaejoong, walk up to Youngwoon hyung, displacing me. He glared at Youngwoon hyung and narrowed his eyes dangerously.

“This is not the Jungsu that I know. Return the old Jungsu to me you bastard!” Jaejoong screamed, throwing useless punches at hyung’s chest. His punches got weaker as he sobbed, and he eventually became a crying mess.

His boyfriend – Jung Yunho, was it? – pulled him back and let Jaejoong cry in his chest.

“If he really cared, he would have reacted more quickly. Stop trying to make excuses for him,” hyung said, his words cold. I bit back a gasp and looked at my hyung with teary eyes.

“Until you forgive Teukie umma, hyung, I don’t want to talk to you. Think about it. Teukie umma has done no wrong,” I told him and turned to the other two. “Come on Sungie and Min hyung. Kim Youngwoon isn’t worth our time. Let’s go find the others.”

Sungie looked at me, then at Youngwoon hyung, and sighed.

“Kangin, Wookie is right.”

As we left, Youngwoon hyung did too.

I hope he gives up that stupid pride of his.

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, I know that this chappie is super short compared to the normal but I think getting to the point beats me crapping out 4000+ words where only 1500+ is about the story itself. The rest is usually just a lot of crappy fillers. Either that, or something like Kangin forgiving Teukie happens in one chappie when it can actually happen in like three >< Well, maybe this way I can update more chappies that aren't crap :)

Anyways, I really do apologise for the late update cuz of my damn laptop keyboard -.-

I hope you guys enjoyed this and tell me if you prefer the longer chapters!

Annyeong and see you guys again next wk~! ^^