Let's Do This

You're Mine

 

(A day later)

 

—Yesung’s POV—

I got off the bus with Wookie, holding his hand like I usually did. Kangin had gotten on the bus with us today and I didn’t like the dirty looks that he shot at Wookie. I didn’t like it one bit. He may feel that Wookie was at fault, but that didn’t give him the right to throw Wookie out of the house for a month.

Jongjin was probably meeting up with his girlfriend outside school by now. He actually woke up earlier than me for the first time!

I heaved a deep sigh, causing Wookie, Kyuhyun and Sungmin to turn to me curiously.

“I was just wondering if SOMEBODY would forgive Wookie,” I purposely spoke louder, knowing that Kangin was only a few metres in front of us and would hear me. Wookie hit me lightly, pouting while shaking his head.

“We promised to deal with this later. Umma already arranged for us to go to my place,” Wookie said, biting on his lower lip thoughtfully. “Their place,” he corrected himself. I didn’t know if I should be happy or sad. He thinks of my home as his now, and that’s good, but now he thinks that he doesn’t have a place in his home anymore.

“You guys are going to fix the problem with Kangin?” Kyuhyun asked, earning himself a whack on the head from Sungmin. Wookie and I coughed to cover our laughter, but Kyuhyun glared at us anyway.

“Just because you don’t call me hyung doesn’t mean that you don’t have to call the others that,” Sungmin chided. Kyuhyun smirked and I realised the hidden meaning behind Sungmin’s words. Sungmin seemed to realise it as well, turning a faint shade of pink. “You .”

Wookie was left in slight shock, so I had to pull him along with us. He blinked back to reality and pointed at Kyuhyun accusingly. “You erted freak!” Wookie exclaimed, horrified by what he just heard. Kyuhyun just shrugged, jerking a finger towards Sungmin.

“He’s the ert here. You should hear him at night, when we- OUCH!” Kyuhyun shrieked, glaring at Sungmin who was trying to look innocent. Of course we all saw how Sungmin hit Kyuhyun’s back, and it sounded pretty painful as well.

“Just shut up or we’ll be late,” I told them, rolling my eyes. This wasn’t the time for the couple tiffs which they had pretty much daily. We were already going to be late – according to Leeteuk, not the school. He wanted us to be in school half an hour before school actually started.

The two of them shut up immediately and Wookie laughed at them. We walked to the cafeteria together, passing by some couples making out on the way. For one, we spotted Sungjong with Myungsoo. Who knew where Sungyeol was? We also spotted Yunho and Jaejoong, and unfortunately, Heechul and Hankyung.

We completely ignored them since they looked like they were about to eat each other right in the corridor, sitting down at our usual table. Shindong wasn’t there yet, and neither were Siwon and Kibum. Henry and Zhoumi were getting breakfast while Donghae was… straddling Eunhyuk.

I made a face at them. “Get a room.”

Eunhyuk shrugged, carrying Donghae and heading off to the toilets. Ugh, I so didn’t need to see that. Beside me, Wookie was groaning in annoyance and hitting his head against the table repeatedly. Frowning, I stopped him and shook my head disapprovingly.

“Anyway, I heard that I’m going to go over later on?” Leeteuk asked. Wookie nodded, suddenly all serious and business-like. I wanted to chuckle but thought better of it. After all, I didn’t particularly enjoy the cold shoulder at night.

“We really have to fix the problem,” I said, looking towards Kangin who was at the other end of the cafeteria. Leeteuk sighed, running a hand through his hair wearily as he nodded. Then he gave Wookie a small smile.

“At least your parents forgave you,” Leeteuk pointed out, trying to assure Wookie that all would be fine. I hope it turns out fine. Leeteuk has a way of handling Kangin that none of us seem to possess. He really does have an effect on Kangin.

Wookie sighed. “Yeah. But hyung…” Wookie trailed off, looking at Kangin sadly. He claims that he doesn’t mind how Kangin treats him, but we all know that he was lying. The look on his face clearly showed that he wanted Kangin to forgive him.

The bell rang and we looked around for the missing people who were making out. Leeteuk shrugged and decided to head up first. We ran into Zhoumi and Henry on the way to the auditorium. They had just made it to school, with Shindong right behind them.

Assembly was boring as usual, with some random speech about an upcoming school concert. We’ve had school concerts before and I’ve even performed twice, so this didn’t interest me. Wookie seemed interested though, and he was asking me if we could do a duet together.

“A duet?” I asked him as we were walking to our respective classes. He had Microeconomics lesson while I had Geography. Honestly speaking, I had been taking almost the same lessons for the past three years now. The only thing that changes is Foreign Language, because I try out a different language every year.

Wookie nodded excitedly and I thought about it. A duet… Our voices were good, no doubt, but a duet? What could we possibly sing? I raised a brow at my boyfriend questioningly, pretty much guessing what he had in mind.

“You want to compose a duet?”

 

-------------------

 

After school ended with a boring lesson of Calculus, which I had also taken for three years, I went to meet up with Wookie by the gate. He seemed to be overly hyper, judging by how he was literally bouncing. I chuckled and decided to surprise him.

I tried my best to be quiet and snuck up behind Wookie, walking slowly so that he wouldn’t notice me. I tapped his right shoulder and went to his left to grab his hand. Wookie turned to the right in confusion before snapping his head towards me as he felt me hold his hand.

Wookie grinned and pecked my cheek. “Is Jongjin coming back with us?” he asked. I shook my head, but then I pointed behind us. Wookie turned back and acknowledged Leeteuk. He was going to my place with us before we all went to Wookie’s place later. “Hi Teukie umma.”

Leeteuk caught up to us, having been on the phone with his chauffeur or something a moment ago. He decided to be an and walked between Wookie and me, making it impossible for us to hold hands or have any form of skinship.

I glared at Leeteuk for a moment, deciding that he was just jealous of us. That seemed legit and he did have every right to be jealous, so I didn’t do anything about him being a er. We headed to the bus stop and sat down, waiting patiently for the bus.

“Teukie umma, what do you think about helping me to compose a duet?” Wookie asked, already getting all excited over singing a duet with me. Leeteuk looked at Wookie curiously, obviously not having heard Wookie talking during assembly.

“I guess I don’t mind. Why?” he asked.

“It’s for that school concert,” Wookie replied with a bright smile. I think I’d love singing a duet very much if it meant that Wookie would be so happy about it. As cheesy as it sounds, I feel really warmed when Wookie’s happy.

“Oh, that! Alright,” Leeteuk agreed, seeming to be slightly excited as well.

“Thanks, Teukie… umma…” Wookie’s voice died off as he gulped, spotting Sooyoung and her gang walking towards us. Surprisingly enough, we had all been lucky enough to avoid her for the past month. Looking at them, I could tell that Hyoyeon’s hair had at least grown long enough for her to stop wearing a wig. Taeyeon flashed a small smile at us and we smiled back at her and Hyoyeon.

Sooyoung snickered as she sat down at the chair beside us. “Look who’s here?”

Some of her friends snickered along with her while Taeyeon and Hyoyeon seemed to disapprove of how Sooyoung was making fun of Wookie. They had been used by Sooyoung, and they had to betray their own friends. It was natural that they didn’t enjoy seeing the way she treated people.

“I wonder who I should target next. Should I aim for that cute mochi-like guy, or the tall one? Maybe that could be next. What about the computer freak, or the fatso?” Sooyoung pondered aloud, making most of her friends laugh, with the exception of Taeyeon and Hyoyeon of course.

I heard more than saw Wookie grinding his teeth together angrily, and Leeteuk didn’t seem too pleased either. We didn’t retaliate though, because that would show that we were affected by her words and it would be below us to hit a girl anyway.

Thankfully, the bus arrived and we quickly got on, but not before Sooyoung spat one last comment that I knew affected Wookie a lot.

“How does it feel to know that your friends are suffering because of you?”

 

-------------------

 

Wookie didn’t speak, not even after we went into my house. He quietly went to the kitchen to make lunch for us. All the euphoria that he had earlier on was replaced by guilt, I’d presume. I followed him silently, sitting down at the dining table and watching him cook. Leeteuk sat across me, watching Wookie as well. We were both pretty worried about him after Sooyoung’s last comment.

After he was done cooking lunch, Wookie set two bowls in front of Leeteuk and me before retreating to our room. I looked at him worriedly, debating about whether or not I should go after him. I glanced at Leeteuk for his input and he sighed.

“He needs time alone. Let him have a good cry; you know he doesn’t like looking weak,” Leeteuk said. I sighed as well, knowing that what he said was true. Wookie hated the fact that he was always looking weak in front of everyone, especially me. It just happened that I was always the one to pull him up when he was down, so I would always see him when he was weak – and he hated it.

“Let’s eat then,” I decided reluctantly, constantly glancing towards our room to see if Wookie had any intentions of coming back out. After we finished lunch – we saved some for Wookie – I told Leeteuk to wait in the living room while I talked to Wookie. He agreed and went to entertain himself and my pets.

I opened the door slowly, tiptoeing in when I saw that Wookie had fallen asleep. He must have cried himself to sleep. Aish, this boy will be the death of me one day.

I crawled into bed and wrapped my arms around Wookie’s thin waist, pecking him on the cheek. He stirred and groaned, turning around so that he could snuggle closer to me. I smiled and shook him lightly, causing him to open his eyes and frown at me.

“I want to sleep,” Wookie stated matter-of-factly. I shook my head sternly.

“You have to clean up and eat. You don’t look pretty when you cry,” I told him.

“Yah! I’m still a guy!” Wookie protested, but he got up anyways. Well, it seems like he’s in a better mood than before. I guess crying really does work, doesn’t it?

I went back to the living room while Wookie washed up. After Wookie came out of the toilet, he heated up his lunch and ate quickly. Leeteuk and I were discussing the duet that I was supposed to sing with Wookie. He suggested that we include Kyuhyun as well.

“Your voices really complement each other. Your voice is emotional, Kyuhyun’s voice is wonderful for ballads, and Ryeowook’s voice is a good contrast to both of your voices,” Leeteuk pointed out. Wookie looked up from his lunch.

“I don’t mind,” Wookie said, swallowing the last bit of his food. “We can work on it tomorrow!”

Leeteuk and I nodded in agreement. I looked at the clock and groaned. We had another fifteen minutes before we were to go over to Wookie’s place.

I suggested that Wookie and I change into something else and Leeteuk said that he had brought a change of clothes as well. The three of us hurriedly changed and Wookie was panicking. Freaking out would be a good description as well.

We left the house slightly early, locking the door behind us and looking at each other.

Leeteuk put his hand forward. I put my hand atop his, and Wookie followed.

“Let’s do this.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well this was kinda rushed ._. Ah well, I only rushed the ending anyways XD

It's kinda late now, so I won't say much. Sooyoung's gonna strike again~ And try to guess who? It's one of those five that I mentioned :)

The school concert thing was just me being random. I just felt that it'd be nice for KRY to have something X)

Oh well~ I hope you guys enjoyed this! Look forward to the next chappie! I don't think I can update next week but I'll try my best! >< Annyeong~! ^-^